Writer's Conferences - Backspace anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
I have not yet attended a writer's conference but am leaning towards signing up for this one (www.bksp.org). My goals are primarily education and networking.

Did anyone attend this conference in 2008 and if so, was it valuable to you? Can anyone recommend other conferences that are worthwhile for someone new to the industry?

Thank you in advance! :snoopy:

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I haven't attended the conference, but I know many of the people involved and they are fantastic. Also it has an amazing reputation for being so young, with well respected agents and bestselling authors attending. Still not sure if I will be attending simply for financial reasons, but if you can afford it I highly recommend it.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
I went to the Surrey's International Writer's Conference several years ago. It was fantastic. I also didn't write again for years after I went. Apparently I'm not the only one who suffers from that particular freakish result. Elizabeth Bear blogged about it and mentioned Corey Doctorow as also not being able to write after attending a conference.

On the other hand, it was an awesome weekend. Nothing like spending two days in a hotel full of writers. No need to be shy or feel awkward making small talk, everyone has the exact same interest as you and you all have that in common. The workshops were amazing, the people were great, the food was also. I had a blast. Except for that nasty little after thing. lol

Sharonb423

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedbacck! Luckily I am able to go just being a little commitment-phobic.

Status
Not open for further replies.