The Message I Hoped I'd Never Have To Write

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

As some of you are aware, my husband has been on dialysis for the last two years, and we were working towards a kidney transplant, for which my mother had volunteered to donate. Actually, this week we also received two offers of donations from complete strangers who are fans of Bo Bice, after my husband spoke to Mr. Bice on Larry King Live, and I followed up with a thank you letter on his band's web site.

Unfortuantely, God had other plans. This afternoon, Dan had a heart attack, and is now looking down on us from the stars. Please know that the love and prayers you have given during our travails have sustained me through this time and especially today. Dan said many times "All these people care about me?What did I ever do?" I always told him he was a hero, but your loving messages helped him to see it.

Thank you so much for helping us so much,
I will be back among you as the new plan for my life takes shape,
but it may be a bit,
Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Chacounne,

I am deeply sorry for your loss and offer my most heartfelt condolences.

Words seem like pretty flimsy and useless tools for me to convey my sorrow for you and what you are going through.

I will definitely say a prayer for you and your dearly departed husband.

- Bill

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Chac,

Lots of hugs and love. My heart goes out to you. Take your time and know that we'll be here when you need to talk.

~Sara

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chac,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. You have my sympathy. You will always have the support, prayers and comfort of everybody here.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
My prayers are with you and your family...
Biotales

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Chacounne,

I wish you hadn't had to write this message either. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy and support. :Hug2:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Chacounne,

My heart goes out to you. How sad it is to lose your best friend and mate. I'll be praying for you, dear. Let us know if we can help.

Laura

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing we can say except that we're so terribly sorry to hear your sad news. When you're ready to rejoin us, we'll be right here--and I think every single one of us would be more than glad to be among the friends you turn to when you need to vent, cry, or reminisce about your beloved husband.

We're ready when you are.

Maryn

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
((((((((((((YOU))))))))))
So very sorry for your loss.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chacounne,

As a newbie, I don't know you yet, but wanted to let you know I've prayed for you this morning, that you would find God's comfort through the loving support of family and friends at this time. I'm so sorry for your loss.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Chacounne, I am so sorry. Like everyone else, I wish you never had to write that message, either. We love you and will be thinking about you. Big hugs.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Chacounne said:
Dear Friends,

As some of you are aware, my husband has been on dialysis for the last two years, and we were working towards a kidney transplant, for which my mother had volunteered to donate. Actually, this week we also received two offers of donations from complete strangers who are fans of Bo Bice, after my husband spoke to Mr. Bice on Larry King Live, and I followed up with a thank you letter on his band's web site.

Unfortuantely, God had other plans. This afternoon, Dan had a heart attack, and is now looking down on us from the stars. Please know that the love and prayers you have given during our travails have sustained me through this time and especially today. Dan said many times "All these people care about me?What did I ever do?" I always told him he was a hero, but your loving messages helped him to see it.

Thank you so much for helping us so much,
I will be back among you as the new plan for my life takes shape,
but it may be a bit,
Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

I'm new and while reading through various posts I ran across this one. Your faith, strength and love for your husband shines through in such a tragic time. Know that I have prayed for you before I posted this. God bless and comfort you.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
As soon as I read the heading, I knew what had happened. Dear Lady Chacounne, please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your Beloved Lord. May his soul be taken to the place where great warriors go to rest. Laments will be sung across the land, and all the Knowne World is the poorer for his loss, and richer for having known him.

In service
Ailionora (Christine)

PS -before the rest of you think I'm off my rocker, Chaconne understands.

Last edited:

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Chacounne,

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You're such a good-hearted soul and are such a warm presence here. Nothing can take away your loss and grief, but if there's anything you need that I (or we) can provide, please let us know.

You're a hero, too, you know, for the love and support you gave your husband.

Please know that I'm thinking of you, and be gentle with yourself.

Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.