PDA

View Full Version : The Message I Hoped I'd Never Have To Write

Chacounne
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Dear Friends,

As some of you are aware, my husband has been on dialysis for the last two years, and we were working towards a kidney transplant, for which my mother had volunteered to donate. Actually, this week we also received two offers of donations from complete strangers who are fans of Bo Bice, after my husband spoke to Mr. Bice on Larry King Live, and I followed up with a thank you letter on his band's web site.

Unfortuantely, God had other plans. This afternoon, Dan had a heart attack, and is now looking down on us from the stars. Please know that the love and prayers you have given during our travails have sustained me through this time and especially today. Dan said many times "All these people care about me?What did I ever do?" I always told him he was a hero, but your loving messages helped him to see it.

Thank you so much for helping us so much,
I will be back among you as the new plan for my life takes shape,
but it may be a bit,
Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

brokenfingers
06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Chacounne,

I am deeply sorry for your loss and offer my most heartfelt condolences.

Words seem like pretty flimsy and useless tools for me to convey my sorrow for you and what you are going through.

I will definitely say a prayer for you and your dearly departed husband.

- Bill

Sarita
06-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Chac,

Lots of hugs and love. My heart goes out to you. Take your time and know that we'll be here when you need to talk.

~Sara

MadScientistMatt
06-13-2005, 02:39 PM
My condolences. I am very sad to hear of what has happened to your husband.

Matt

rhymegirl
06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Chac,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. You have my sympathy. You will always have the support, prayers and comfort of everybody here.

biotales
06-13-2005, 03:26 PM
My prayers are with you and your family...
Biotales

Sheryl Nantus
06-13-2005, 03:45 PM
thoughts and prayers are with you, family and friends...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

Cabria
06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Chacounne,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless.

Debbie

Poppy
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Chacounne,

I wish you hadn't had to write this message either. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy and support. :Hug2:

jdkiggins
06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Chac,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

SRHowen
06-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I am sorry for your loss--

shawn

WhisperingBard
06-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Chac,

I am so sorry to hear your news, and deeply saddened by your loss. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

DaveKuzminski
06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
My deepest condolences to you and the other surviving members of his family.

Unique
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Dear Chacounne,

My heart goes out to you. How sad it is to lose your best friend and mate. I'll be praying for you, dear. Let us know if we can help.

Laura

mommie4a
06-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Dear Chacounne,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your loved ones and husband are in my prayers.

Jill

awatkins
06-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear this. Will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.

Hugs,
Anne

maestrowork
06-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I am so very sorry, Chac. My thoughts are with you and your family. Please know that we're here for you.

Maryn
06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
There's nothing we can say except that we're so terribly sorry to hear your sad news. When you're ready to rejoin us, we'll be right here--and I think every single one of us would be more than glad to be among the friends you turn to when you need to vent, cry, or reminisce about your beloved husband.

We're ready when you are.

Maryn

CACTUSWENDY
06-13-2005, 06:18 PM
((((((((((((YOU))))))))))
So very sorry for your loss.

Pat~
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Chacounne,

As a newbie, I don't know you yet, but wanted to let you know I've prayed for you this morning, that you would find God's comfort through the loving support of family and friends at this time. I'm so sorry for your loss.

JennaGlatzer
06-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Chacounne, I am so sorry. Like everyone else, I wish you never had to write that message, either. We love you and will be thinking about you. Big hugs.

D.J.
06-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Dear Friends,

As some of you are aware, my husband has been on dialysis for the last two years, and we were working towards a kidney transplant, for which my mother had volunteered to donate. Actually, this week we also received two offers of donations from complete strangers who are fans of Bo Bice, after my husband spoke to Mr. Bice on Larry King Live, and I followed up with a thank you letter on his band's web site.

Unfortuantely, God had other plans. This afternoon, Dan had a heart attack, and is now looking down on us from the stars. Please know that the love and prayers you have given during our travails have sustained me through this time and especially today. Dan said many times "All these people care about me?What did I ever do?" I always told him he was a hero, but your loving messages helped him to see it.

Thank you so much for helping us so much,
I will be back among you as the new plan for my life takes shape,
but it may be a bit,
Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

I'm new and while reading through various posts I ran across this one. Your faith, strength and love for your husband shines through in such a tragic time. Know that I have prayed for you before I posted this. God bless and comfort you.

Christine N.
06-13-2005, 09:13 PM
As soon as I read the heading, I knew what had happened. Dear Lady Chacounne, please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your Beloved Lord. May his soul be taken to the place where great warriors go to rest. Laments will be sung across the land, and all the Knowne World is the poorer for his loss, and richer for having known him.

In service
Ailionora (Christine)

PS -before the rest of you think I'm off my rocker, Chaconne understands.

Fractured_Chaos
06-13-2005, 11:42 PM
My deepest condolences. I grieve with you. *hugstight*

firehorse
06-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Dear Chacounne,

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You're such a good-hearted soul and are such a warm presence here. Nothing can take away your loss and grief, but if there's anything you need that I (or we) can provide, please let us know.

You're a hero, too, you know, for the love and support you gave your husband.

Please know that I'm thinking of you, and be gentle with yourself.

Sarah

TemlynWriting
06-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I am so incredibly sorry, Chacounne. May love and prayers surround you and your family during this difficult time. Praying for you.

Cassie88
06-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Chacounne, I had read your earlier posts and have thought of you often. I am so so sorry you have lost your Dan. My thought and prayers are with you.

Cassie

Celeste
06-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Chacounne,

I am so, so sorry, sweety. I'm at a loss for words. But my heart goes out to you. I'm keeping in you in my thoughts and prayers.

You hang in there...:Hug2:

celeste

PattiTheWicked
06-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Chacounne~~

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Savannah Blue
06-14-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Prayers and sympathy for you and yours.

Sara

arrowqueen
06-14-2005, 01:45 AM
My sympathies in your time of grief. Words can't help when you've lost someone you love, but my thoughts are with you.

triceretops
06-14-2005, 10:31 AM
You come back to us, darling, and check in with us. We'll help to get you through this. Kay?

Triceratops

Patricia
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
My deepest sympathy, Chacounne -- I've been down that road.

oswann
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Sincere condolences to you and yours.

Os.

Chacounne
06-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Yesterday I spent the day letting the love and prayers from family and friends, from you, and the strength of my God, wash over me and lift me up. I took each breath at a time, and some were the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I got through it, and today is much better. Thank you for all your good wishes.

If you are so inclined, and if you are able, Dan's memorial will be

Friday, June 17th, at Bauer Funeral Home in Snohomish, WA. Scheduled to start at 4pm. Bauer Funeral Home
701 1st St
Snohomish, WA 98290
Any of you who are in the area, you would be very welcome; I'd love to meet you. If not, please know that I feel you with me in spirit.

Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

Celeste
06-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Any of you who are in the area, you would be very welcome; I'd love to meet you. If not, please know that I feel you with me in spirit.

Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

If I weren't on the other side of the country, I'd be there, sweety. Know that we'll all be thinking of you wishing we could be there to help you through this. :heart:

celeste

aka eraser
06-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Sorry Chacounne. I'm glad to see your faith and family are sustaining you. May it always be so.

mdmkay
06-15-2005, 01:24 AM
You will be in all our hearts and minds. I personally invite you to come and talk to me anytime if you need a listening ear and open heart. We know your strong in body and soul but we're here to support you in anything you may need.

aadams73
06-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Sending best wishes, hugs, and my sincerest condolences your way.

scullars
06-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

aboyd
06-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Wow. Chac, you are a stronger person than I am. I'm really sorry for your loss.

-Tony

JenNipps
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Chacounne,

I may be a bit late coming in to this, but I am very sorry for your loss. That sounds trite, but I have no other way to say it.

Alphabet
06-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I send thoughts to you that you will find along your path further supports for your strength but also safe spaces for your weakness, and moving from one to the other, I hope soon the whole way will be clear for you to reach up to the life ahead which, most of all, he will have wanted you to go on to have.

I've been absent a few days at a location without connectivity, and mindful that from time to time it might happen again, but having said that much - may I offer an ear (or eye, or shoulder) for your thoughts or needs at this time or at any later time you might want to make use of it?

bluwinteryfox
06-16-2005, 09:16 PM
If you are so inclined, and if you are able, Dan's memorial will be Friday, June 17th. Chacounne
If we were visting our daughter in Tacoma this week instead of next week, I would be there. I'm very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Take time to heal.

MacAllister
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh...Chac...
I'm so very sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

T42
06-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Unfortuantely, God had other plans. Love and Hugs,
ChacounneChacounne, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I have been away for a week and was only today able to get back on line. I know that he is in the arms of God now but you will have times of deep sorrow and loneliness so please don't allow yourself to isolate. During those times remember that you have friends here and also those around you. Please take care and let me know if I can do anything. I'm not just saying that, I really mean it.
Memory

ChunkyC
06-17-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm so sorry, Chac.

SeanDSchaffer
06-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Chacounne,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I'll be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Susie
06-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Dear Chacounne,

I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts are with you. Hope the future holds only bright things for you and yours.

Warm regards, Susie

Chacounne
06-19-2005, 10:00 AM
My Dear Absolute Write Family,

How do you say goodbye to the love of your life? It took everything I had, but yesterday I began that journey.

The hall was filled with family and friends, and so much love it almost burst. You, each and every one of you, were there, with love so powerful it was palpable. Mr. Bice's prayful "In A Dream" (via MP3) soared over the space and filled everyone's hearts.

My beloved even found a way to send me flowers. A month or so ago he was at friends house in Bellingham without me, and he mentioned to a mutual friend that he had seen a field of wild roses beside the highway on the way down but he didn't want to ask the person driving to stop. This wonderful friend he mentioned this to found the field on the way to the service and picked some for me, along with some forget me nots which were close by, and brought them to me. How amazing is that? How incredible? Before he got sick, Dan brought me flowers periodically, not every day or every week, but when it seemed right, and it gives me such joy and such peace to know that he found this way to tell me that he loves me and that he's okay.

When we married I promised to love him, and honour him, and cherish him, until death did we part, but I can't keep that promise. I will love him, and honour him, and cherish him, forever.

I have a hole in my heart that's just his size, but one breath at a time, one day at a time, I'm going to get through this, because Dan would want nothing less.

Thank you again for all your love and prayers, for my heroic husband, and for me.

Love and Hugs,
Chacounne

Lauri B
06-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Chacounne,
Checking in today to see how things are going. I'm thinking of you.
Lauri

KimJo
06-20-2005, 08:38 PM
My condolences and best wishes, Chacounne.

Writer2011
06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Chacounne....I have only been on the boards about a week or less and didn't quite understand what your post was. When I read it, well it deeply saddened me... I am the type of person who hates to see someone hurting...i'm the type of person that will listen even if it's a stranger because sometimes it makes them feel better.

I am truly sorry for your loss and if you need anything, you can come to me or (i'm sure anyone else on here) to talk....

~Bill

katiemac
06-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Chacounne,

I am very sorry to hear about your husband. I can tell, however, just how much you love him by the way you write of him - it's beautiful and touching, and we could all do well to love the way you do. I have no doubt that in every word you write he will be in your voice.