• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Snarky YA Fantasy Needs A Slap

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I'm looking for a beta or two for my YA fantasy/urban fantasy/earthquakes happen novel. It's right around 55,000 words and I'm all for a grizzly bear attacking it. I need someone that can be critical of my work and tell me what doesn't work, what does and what can be done better.

There's a bit of a twisted sense of humor there too so you need to be up for that kind of thing as well. I don't call it snarky for nothing. I'd be willing to trade an edit if you're up for it. Just let me know.

In short, an earthquake cracks open a path in a sequoia to the Other Side. Stuff starts leaking over to the MC's side and starts pelting poop and Fey paint at his house. When he and his sister decide to explore a little more, they're dragged in neck deep to a long-standing war between two adamant families. And the MC thought it was going to be a slow summer.

writermom

Avada Kedavra
Registered
Reaction score
Donna,

Can I read a few pages to see if I'd be interested?

WM

Ms.rachel

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like something I would be down for...I love me some twisted humour. I read a tonne of YA though not really in the fantasy realm, though I am sure I could still offer some help. You would be my first so I don't know how this works...I'm guessing you do.

imsleepy

Registered
Reaction score
I really like your description of your novel. It sounds like something I'd be very into. You've already got a few offers, but if you need/want another, I'd be happy to beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.