Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
If so, then how do I approach the "Larousse Gastronomique"?

In my sins, I cook and I have a few recipes developed by me, which I'd like to forward to this enc.

I tried to find how can I query it, but couldn't even find its address in the first pages and not over the web, also.

Any advice, help?

Thanks,

Dan

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Cooking is NF, right?

Depends on how well you cook........Sorry that one was just too good to pass up (laughing)

Yes, cooking is considered NF......There has to be some kind of contact info if only where to order it.....if you order it from the company google up the companys tele # and ask for submission guidelines. Try googling cooking mag websites and keep changing search parameters until you stumble upon it (I have a feeling you probably already did this....so if you did sorry). Sometimes you just keep back-tracking until you finally get to the source....sorry for not being more helpful but that's all I've got.

Jaws

Apex Predator
Registered
Reaction score
Loitering just offshore on the Silicon Prairie
Website
scrivenerserror.blogspot.com
Cooking is shelved as nonfiction, but it's really its own marketing category with its own procedures and requirements. The "standard" (if there is such a thing) means of getting a nonfiction book purchase—the proposal package—doesn't work with cookbooks.

From what I've seen—and keep in mind that, since this is based on litigation, it's from about three years ago, so some things may have changed—the editorial market for cookbooks seems split into three parts: Those who work their way up from the magazines, very much as did fiction writers during the pulp era; those with a specific diet plan and at least some academic credentials in support of that plan; and those who have a strong, strong celebrity connection, whether because they're Charlie Trotter (to pick one celebrity chef) or a personal chef to a bunch of Hollywoodites. The mere "good cook" just doesn't seem to be on the radar for book-length works, at least not three years ago, and I'm not seeing a lot of signs of change (admittedly, it's something I keep track of only casually, as the litigation in question terminated favorably a few months back).

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Aw, thank you all so much for the help!!
Thanks to Chesher for the contact info. I'll give it a try, of course.

Yes, I know it's NF, it was just my way to try to be funny, ha-ha, and I do cook well
icon7.gif
, from diff cuisines first courses thru main, to deserts, mousses, cakes, layer cakes, pies, you name it.

Don't forget to melt the butter in a little puddle of oil, preferably olive, so as not to burn it, 'kay?
icon12.gif
Yes, olive, no matter what you cook, even cakes. I did it w/o any after-taste. Healthier and better.

Dan

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Okay, I pitched them.

I know from the Market that they accept only agented works, but I thought, what the heck, it's only a recipe or two, I want to publish in their enc, so w God ahead, I sent them a very polite email to that effect, in the very wee hrs of today, subjected "Initial Query". Thank you, Cathy!

Hold me fingers, kids!

Dan
PS - BTW, Martha, the Stewart, will publish a bio w them, fair and honest, as she calls it. I admit right away that I'm in love w her. I'm not sure, though that I'll buy her bio when it hits the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.