• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jy'lenn

Chaos is a friend of mine.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jfposthumus.blogspot.com
Well... after much chatting in Purgatory about this, I'd like to know if there's a beta reader willing to beta-read the fantasy/ya fantasy novel "Death's Heiress" I co-wrote. Yep, my co-writer is cool with the idea so whoever decides to tackle this will probably end up emailing between me and my co-writer (also my fiance' for those wondering).

Here's the premise from the query letter:

Alixandra Dredbourne is not a typical apprentice. Unlike most at the assassins guild, she excels at not only her lessons, but at breaking the rules. Alixandra believes that her greatest challenges are to escape the shadows of her famous royal bloodline, garner the attention of a young man she fancies, and try to keep boredom at bay while completing her training. Her pension for mischief and mayhem changes when someone starts assassinating the Royal Family. Frustrated by what she sees as a lack of concern or action, Alixandra decides that her budding knowledge of Necromancy may be the salvation of her family

As her mother’s siblings are picked off one-by-one, Alixandra searches for a way to help. When her mother, a ranger of legends with considerable skills and power, is attacked, Alixandra realizes she is no match for a trained, professional assassin. Worse yet, the assassin will be targeting her brother next. In desperation, Alixandra makes a deal with a demon, but the price may cost Alixandra not only her soul, but also the lives of her family. Will she be able to save her family from not only a professional assassin, but the demon as well? Nothing ever comes without a price and Alixandra soon realizes it is often more than you intended to pay.

Last edited:

jy'lenn

Chaos is a friend of mine.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jfposthumus.blogspot.com
Apx. 100,000 words. I'm willing to exchange critiques and if the beta-reader/critiquer only wants to do a few chapters, I'm fine with that too.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Apx. 100,000 words. I'm willing to exchange critiques and if the beta-reader/critiquer only wants to do a few chapters, I'm fine with that too.

I'm willing to exchange three chapters. If you're interested, send them to me in .DOC or .RTF format, to the address listed on my website.

Status
Not open for further replies.