PDA

View Full Version : Moderators and Members Needed for Writing Forum

Harold
05-05-2009, 03:04 AM
This is an enhanced profit-sharing position for moderators, although regular members can earn money from standard profit-sharing by using the forum.

Writefine.com has been relaunched with major upgrades and features. Our new writing forum is loaded with features for writers.

http://www.writefine.com/forum/

The forum is brand new and empty. We need moderators in place to help maintain order before traffic arrives. If interested, simply register through the above link (if you use Facebook, registering with your Facebook ID is the best) If you would rather register directly, click the register link.

Send an email containing your username and a summary of relevant experience and qualifications to: harold[at]writefine.com

Information About Revenue Sharing.

You must have an AdSense account through Google.
You must have at least 50 total posts within the forum to participate (once you reach that level, the ads displayed from that point forward are retroactively applied to all the threads you started or participated in).
For Members: Your AdSense client ID will be used 70% of the time when your threads and posts are viewed.
For Moderators: Your Adsense client ID will be used 100% of the time when your threads and posts are viewed. This is like owning your own website because you're at the full 100%.
Moderators can have their very own free Wordpress-MU blog with the requirement of writing a bi-weekly blog column (specialized writing topic or updates on your journey as a writer) and will earn 100% advertising revenue from Adsense. (eventually, all columns will be compressed into a quarterly E-zine.)

Here are some of the great features you’ll find only at Writefine:

Google Adsense Revenue Sharing: See above.
The Verbosaurus: The revision tool at Writefine. Find the right power verb with our interactive dictionary/thesaurus of over 1,400 English verbs. (under construction)
Free E-books: We like to give away helpful E-books. (available tonight)
Facebook Connect: Link in through FB, automatically keeps your friends updated so they can follow your forum activity and interact with you.
Free Workshops (community and guest instructor): All of our writing workshops are sealed away from the general public and search engines so that you can post and discuss your writing in confidence amongst friends in the community.
Forum Jump: Easy navigation feature (click it from the menu and watch).Thanks for your time. Feel free to ask any questions.

Harold
Writefine Administrator

Harold
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi, if users have been experienced registration problems, I just fixed the link.

Perks
05-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Maybe I'm just up too late, but it seems a bit presumptive to take up server space on AW recruiting for a competitor site. Perhaps you have cleared this with Mac and I'm just grumping without cause.

What's makes writefine.com different from AW?

MacAllister
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Heh. No - he didn't say anything to me, but it's a big internet. :) I'm not worried about it.

And traffic, Perks. Traffic is the difference between sites--at least, at this point. *g*

Medievalist
05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Heh. No - he didn't say anything to me, but it's a big internet. :) I'm not worried about it.

And traffic, Perks. Traffic is the difference between sites--at least, at this point. *g*

Plus, we've got Buster.

SouthernFriedJulie
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Looks a bit like forum boosting.

What's a Buster?

Ken
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM

... good attitude, expressed here by Mac.
Reminds me of Miracle on 34th Street,
when Kris Kringle recommends shoppers at Macy's go to Gimbels for what they can't find.
Hmm, I wonder if writefine.com has got toy choo choo trains? :-)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Someone misidentified Mac as a 'Buster' in an exchange elsewhere on the board... some of us have taken to using it as an endearment when referring to her.

I'm not so sure, however, Mac thinks it's endearing. :D

SouthernFriedJulie
05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Lol!-Buster.

Other forums are great. You meet even more people. Lots of members here are already members of other forums.

But we know where home is. :-)

I'm signing up just for fun and maybe some profit. Used to do some modding and admin duties, though you can't tell from my misbehavior at times. Or maybe you can. You tend to forget at times not to tell others what you think.

Perks
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Now that I've been to bed, I guess I just thought I remembered promoting AW competitor sites on AW being looked upon darkly.

But if they say all's well, then all's well.

TemlynWriting
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM

Thanks for jumping in here, Mac. I didn't see this last night, otherwise I would have said something sooner. And I, too, wasn't sure what the current etiquette was regarding "competitor" or other writing forums. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Harold
05-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Mac,

I never really considered AW as a competitor in the sense that we're against one another. The forum is only one aspect of Writefine, I'm working on the Verbosaurus tool which is an original revision tool (swapping out weak verbs for action/power verbs) and pushing the site in a different direction. This is a relaunch of the site for me so I still have a lot of old material around to integrate and other new features and ideas.

Heck, I don't mind linking to Absolutewrite. (I'm sorry I didn't ask beforehand. I'd been up for quite a few hours and it didn't cross my mind, though it is important.)

I certainly don't want to make a clone of Abwrite and try to push it off for a temporary traffic surge. It's a long-term project for me and I want to offer unique features for our members.

Perks
05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Sounds cool, Harold. I un-jump all over you. Apologies.

Medievalist
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks a bit like forum boosting.

What's a Buster?

You missed this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139961

It's umm . . . well. There really isn't the perfect adjective.

Harold
05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
No problem at all Perks. It's understandable and thank you Mac for letting it stay.

I've seen a few posts for moderators in non-paying markets, but since this is a profit-sharing opportunity, I figured it belonged in paying markets.

I just hated the thought of posting this at a webmaster forum and ending up with mods who know nothing about writing.

Harold
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Holy crap! Just read through the "buster" thread, very disrespectful.

Perks
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but can we call you 'Buster' on your board?

Harold
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I can't say that I would've had the patience Mac displayed during her outbursts. But if it's all in jest, I wouldn't mind. :P

Perks
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Forget it. I'm holding out for a place where I can shout 'Buster' without fear of recriminations.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, 'buster' wouldn't be the right one for over at Harold's place. Maybe.... oh, I dunno... 'Missy'. As in, "Listen here, Missy! I don't have to do as you say!"

Perks
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't go all sexist on me, OFG.

tjwriter
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
I vote we dub Mac, Ma'am MacBuster, from here on out.

Just sayin'

Medievalist
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Holy crap! Just read through the "buster" thread, very disrespectful.

Just think Harold, you're going to be next :D

You're going to have such fun . . .

In all seriousness, I hope you and your forum do very well.

Medievalist
05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I vote we dub Mac, Ma'am MacBuster, from here on out.

Just sayin'

No no; you can refer to Herself as MacCannister, of course (blame Dawno), or Buster; we'll have no portmanteau names.

They lack suitable umm . . . reverence.

Harold
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Medievalist. :)

SouthernFriedJulie
05-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I got dubbed The Pitbull. Makes for interesting conversations. Hubby still calls me that even though we let the forum go.

tjwriter
05-06-2009, 05:45 AM
No no; you can refer to Herself as MacCannister, of course (blame Dawno), or Buster; we'll have no portmanteau names.

They lack suitable umm . . . reverence.

Reverence, huh? I think I'll still go with Buster MacCannister, and I'll blame Dawno.

My husband used to call me Chunky Butt when we worked together. I'll still answer to it.