E-Publishing advice

Lisa R

Cat Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I had an eBook published and would love to hear from anyone who has been writing and publishing eBooks. What are your experiences with it? So far, my publisher has been wonderful. I'm lucky to have found one who is this receptive and who gets back to me whenever I email her. I want to know how to get my book in front of more people. I've sent requests to reviewers and hoping to hear back from them. I would like to make a Web site, but I have no idea what content to put on it....

Thanks in advance for your responses.

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Hi. Wow. Congrats on getting published! I have a couple of things I have recently submitted to e-pubs and am waiting to hear back on. Who did you sign with, may I ask? I like to hear positive responses.

Lisa R

Cat Lover
Registered
Reaction score
I signed with Club Lighthouse Publishing. I would definitely recommend them. Good luck with your submissions!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Cool. Thanks. I will check them out in a few. As far as website content goes, just hit a few authors webs and see what you like. Take notes about the headings, what they are talking about. Links to their books, etc. I've got a girl lined up for when/if I should hit, and that was her advice. She does this professionally, so I went to a few of her sites and liked what I saw. They all seem to have a 'personal info' page, with pics of themselves. Book links, of course. Exerpts. Stuff like that.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would advise you to link to your book in your sig line ;)

Other than that it depends on genre and what you publisher is doing. You should add to their efforts. i.e. find out where they are submitting review copies--add any relevant niche review sites and get permission to submit to them.

Team 2012

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
mayancalendargirls.com
Heed the words of veinglory.
You haven't even mentioned the title of your book to people you are talking about it to.

Put a link to your book in your sig on all forums, in your email messages. Print up cards and leave them around bulletin boards in the "real" world. Display your book title and URL prominently on your notebook or gym bag, your T-shirtm your coffee mug at work, a button pinned to your jacket or hat.
(Cafe Press is a big help with that)
Put a sign on the doors of your car, a sign in your front yard. Donate a CD version of the book to raffles and charity auctions.

Etc.

Obviously there is a personal line you will draw there, but the important thing is to realize that you're now in the business of promoting your book, and yourself. There is absolutely no benefit to being shy. You will probably find that people ask you about your book when they see such displays. They will think it's cool to be talking to a writer, not that you're a geek for displaying evidence of that. Then you hand them a card with your URL on it.
You can get cards for free from VistaPrint by the way.

You have a book out. Be proud. Let it be known. ASSUME that it's something people will want to read and enjoy if they only knew about it.

Lisa R

Cat Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I made a sig line. I hope it works. I'll check out the card link too. Lots of good advice.