• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for BETA swap (mine's YA SF / Thriller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
For starters, it's 87,000 words, and here's a link to my (polished, thanks to SYW) query:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3538642&postcount=17

The book is (IMO) very polished and ready for nitpicks. As for the swap, I'd love to read something different from all the fae and vampire stuff swarming my local bookstores (I've already read all those).

If anyone's interested in swapping with me, we can PM each other to sort the details. I'd be very honest when critting and would appreciate the same in return. There's no crit too harsh where I'm concerned, but I'll probably be gentle when I return the favor.

What I can offer:

- I have a great grasp of grammar, punctuation, and spelling (both British and American--I use American when I write).

- I'm good at spotting info dumps, redundant words, unnecessary backstory, and POV switches.

Where I'll do my best:

- I don't always notice if something is written out of voice, unless it's wicked obvious

- vampire and over-popular UF don't hold my attention, but I'll still BETA for grammar, etc. Hardcore SF / F might go over my head too... but I'll try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.