PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate...

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
When people say "help yourself" and then watch your every move as if to say "but not really."

I had an inordinant meatball to pasta ratio last night obviously....

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
It's unseemly i say.

dgrintalis
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
How rude.

I tell you what. I'm a vegan so you had my share of meatballs!

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
help yourself---is help yourself---and if I put it on my plate---it ain't going back:D

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I was hungry and in a meatball mood--is that a crime?

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:24 AM
The garlic bread was Pepperidge farm with mozzarella--that I went overboard on I'll admit.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Who wouldn't?

scarletpeaches
05-04-2009, 09:33 AM
You post whore.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I is.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm more of a rep point person though.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I just passed two grand.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm getting a toaster oven.

thethinker42
05-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I like meatballs.

A. Hamilton
05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
you should go for the coffee grinder. its nifty.

regdog
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I hate it when someone asks for your honest opinion and then flips out you when you give it because it wasn't what they wanted to hear.

If you want your own opinion back use a farking tape recorder.

And Wayne pphhhtt on those who didn't want you in meatball and garlic bread heaven. I llllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee garlic bread and never eat it in moderation.

regdog
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM

cusinart makes a great toaster oven.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Mine caught on fire because I like cheese too much.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Which goes right back to the mozzarella garlic bread.

"Help yourself" is something you better damn well mean if it's a hungry Irishman you're talking to.

Manix
05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Now I know what I'm having for breakfast.

NeuroFizz
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Self-help is always nine parts meatballs and one part pasta, so you were fully justified...

Pagey's_Girl
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
I think I know what's going to be for dinner tonight...

Manix
05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll probably end up with garlic breath all day too, but some things are worth the pain we put ourselves through...:D

tjwriter
05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
If I tell you to help yourself, and then if I eye you through the whole meal, it's to make sure you've had enough. I'll stuff you full and then shove some more in for good measure.

It's not really my fault. My father does it and my grandmother did it. Granny used to fix a full pot roast dinner, after you'd call to say you were on your way with a gigantic box of fried chicken to feed everyone. Because, you know, one meal wasn't enough.

So I do the same thing. Are you hungry? Are you sure you don't want something to eat? I can fix X, Y and Z if you need something...

T, who force feeds her guests

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 05:26 PM
"Adds T to Christmas card list"

Greenify13
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Okay so I heard there is food here...I don't care what it is right now, but does it come with liquor? :D I'm starved, and if this is breakfast and I'm gonna smell like I ate dinner before noon....I might as well be drunk too!

tjwriter
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
"Adds T to Christmas card list"

You're not a big eater, are you?

My mutant talent is cooking enough to feed an army. My brother and his buddies used to come to my house as teenagers to party down, and I'd cook for them. In exchange, they cleaned house afterward.

Greenify13
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I made my lasagna one day, well it actually took two days...but anyway when I told them to "help your self", which I meant because there was 3 large pans full of lasagna and about 9 adults and 4 kids...in return I recieved glares like they aren't going to do what they want and like I am a horrible freakin' cook. This my lasagna we are talking about here, it took two days and they treated me like a leper! In the end however, no lasagna left! :)
If I say it I mean it, and if I watch you it's because I think you are one of "them", that piles too much on your plate and is inconsiderate of those who hadn't the chance to eat or children. If you mess with any childs meal, I willl rip out your throat! ;)
Seconds is great, especially since there is soo much...but if you grab a third plate and someone hadn't eaten yet...I will watch you. :D
Sorry for the ramble...brings back memories! :ROFL:

Rachel
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I was told that there is cheese here.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Is gone.

regdog
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
If I tell you to help yourself, and then if I eye you through the whole meal, it's to make sure you've had enough. I'll stuff you full and then shove some more in for good measure.

It's not really my fault. My father does it and my grandmother did it. Granny used to fix a full pot roast dinner, after you'd call to say you were on your way with a gigantic box of fried chicken to feed everyone. Because, you know, one meal wasn't enough.

So I do the same thing. Are you hungry? Are you sure you don't want something to eat? I can fix X, Y and Z if you need something...

T, who force feeds her guests

You're not a big eater, are you?

My mutant talent is cooking enough to feed an army. My brother and his buddies used to come to my house as teenagers to party down, and I'd cook for them. In exchange, they cleaned house afterward.

TJ-an Aw'er after my own heart. I love to cook for an army and I love to eat like one :D

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
My brother and I were asked to leave a Chinese all-you-can-eat.

bettielee
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
That is nothing to be ashamed of. If I were you, I would make t-shirts.

Could someone please get us some more cheese?

Elwolf
05-05-2009, 09:25 PM
More cheese? What kind? :D

tjwriter
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
My brother and I were asked to leave a Chinese all-you-can-eat.

That is awesome! Though not in a healthy way.

Susie
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM
note to self: Don't say "Help yourself" to Wayne at my next buffet party. :D

I've noticed an inordinate amount of cheese talk. Pl.....ease, back to chocolate talk.

bettielee
05-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Sorry, Suze.. I gotta answer the man

Gorgonzola, ricotta, feta, gruyere (sp?), fresh! mozzarella, not that crap from the grocery store, PARMIGIANO REGGIANO (no, not that processed crap you buy in the TUBE) and my fave... the cheese of cheese: manchego. Gently melted.

regdog
05-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Oh man I love cheese. Behold the Power of Cheese. I'll cheese cheese if I can.

Warm brie on a nicely toasted roll-wait a minute I just drooled on the keyboard

Manix
05-06-2009, 12:57 AM
note to self: Don't say "Help yourself" to Wayne at my next buffet party. :D

I've noticed an inordinate amount of cheese talk. Pl.....ease, back to chocolate talk.

Yeah, chocolate covered cheese, cheese-chocolate fondue, cheese puffs dipped in chocolate shell, cheese fries dipped in chocolate shakes, etc...

Mela
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
So how many meatballs are we talking? Six? Twelve?
did you eat all the meatballs?

samoht9
05-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Just had to stumble into this post while starving and stuck in class.

I don't like when anyone who puts out a spread and worries about you taking too much. Shouldn't have offered if you are concerned about it.

Can we have some tomato and basil with that mozzarella? Little olive oil on top and it'd be perfect.

pjlove51
05-06-2009, 01:32 AM
I too stumbled in here starving. I'm Italian and cheese and meatballs have been a big part of my life. My sister wants to go out for Mexican food tonight, I guess that will have to do.I got to get some cheese!

bettielee
05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Can we have some tomato and basil with that mozzarella? Little olive oil on top and it'd be perfect.

Yes. Yes, I think we may. We are all good people here.

poetinahat
05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Mmm... spaghetti.

Know what expression really irks me? "It was the least I could do."

Oh. Thanks for the bare minimum. I feel so special. Jerk.

Wayne K
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Last night I made firehouse jalapeno spaghetti sauce and threw in a container of ricotta cheese--it was out of this world. The wife made onion bread.

My brother showed up and we told him to help himself, so he ate all of it.

It didn't bother me one bit. If I didn't want him to eat it all I would have asked him to save me some.

Susie
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Sorry, Suze.. I gotta answer the man

Gorgonzola, ricotta, feta, gruyere (sp?), fresh! mozzarella, not that crap from the grocery store, PARMIGIANO REGGIANO (no, not that processed crap you buy in the TUBE) and my fave... the cheese of cheese: manchego. Gently melted.

Yeah, chocolate covered cheese, cheese-chocolate fondue, cheese puffs dipped in chocolate shell, cheese fries dipped in chocolate shakes, etc...

That's ok bettie, cheese talk seems to be more in now. :D

Manix, you get it, you really get it. Luv all those desserts! :)

C.bronco
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
When people say "help yourself" and then watch your every move as if to say "but not really."

I had an inordinant meatball to pasta ratio last night obviously....
Pasta to meatball ratios vary greatly from region to region. One must take into account meatball size, texture and its accompanying sauce as well.

Were these Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, or Italian meatballs in marinara?

Even then, one must account for the different dietary needs of the individual. If the guest lacks muscle tone, he must increase his intake of protein, and, therefore, have more meatballs. A listless and peakish guest will require greater amounts of carbs and should consume more pasta.

When I say, "Help yourself," I usually mean, "Please eat all of this or I might finish it off myself!"

Greenify13
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I think we need dessert too since this is becoming more like "Wayne's Ristorante..."; so I have amaretto zuccota cake and tiramisu. :D
And drinks too, I suppose: Limoncello and Espresso or something...hmm

Susie
05-07-2009, 01:40 AM
I luvs the way you think, Greeny. Right on w. desserts! :) ((((((HUGS))))))

Manix
05-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Last night I made firehouse jalapeno spaghetti sauce and threw in a container of ricotta cheese--it was out of this world. The wife made onion bread.

My brother showed up and we told him to help himself, so he ate all of it.

It didn't bother me one bit. If I didn't want him to eat it all I would have asked him to save me some.

Okay Wayne, I want to see this recipe posted in the Cooking section. I'm designated cooker tonight.