I'm pregnant.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Yes, my husband and I discussed this, yes, I decided to go off birth control in January, yes, we are financially okay, yes this was expected, but...

BUT

OMG I AM PREGNANT. I am freaking out here. No way we're going to tell anyone we know in real life until it's been a month or two, but... AAAAAAGH! I am happy - I was grinning like a fool 10 minutes ago when I saw those two red lines - and yet totally, utterly freaked out. Like, there's no going back now. This is it. And am I ready? Can I do this? How can I POSSIBLY BE A MOM?! Who would let me do that?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm going to screw up! I can't possibly be responsible for another human being!

I guess... I guess I was just really expecting to have to wait for this until I REALLY REALLY wanted a baby super bad. My grandma took a decade to get pregnant. My mother tried for several years before I was born. Everyone I know is dying to have a kid and going through years of fertility treatments.

And me?

I go off birth control thinking, well, it happens when it happens, I just won't think about it, and maybe in a year or two... and if it doesn't happen, we'll look at adoption, whatever...

No. No year or two. 4 months.

:cry::hooray::eek:

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
You'll do great. Congratulations!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
awww, -that's wonderful news! it's natural t have a surge of emotions..(ha-get used to that, it never ends ;) )
you'll do great.
I highly recommend the book 'What to Expect When You're Expecting"

hehee.happy Mothers Day

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

You can do it. I read a lot of childbirth/raising kids books when I was having my first. Then, once I had him, I tossed the books aside and just decided to do what I thought worked best.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
OOOOOOH! Congratz!

I'm going to screw up! I can't possibly be responsible for another human being!
I felt like that for nine months. I wasn't pregnant, I was fat in a specific place. That moving? An alien? Must be. I had dreams of giving birth and saying to the midwife 'Actually I've changed my mind, I'm not ready'. I was worried I would have to be a grown up now. Me? Grown up and, like, responsible? Sensible? Other words ending in 'ible'?

I have screwed up, but hey, the kids are alive and happy. And it's good for hem to see adults aren't perfect ( my excuse, sticking to it)But the best bit is they love it best when you're not being the grown up, so it's a great excuse to unleash your inner silly person.

You'll be fine, you'll be you, only a mum as well.

*huge huggles*

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I felt like that for nine months. I wasn't pregnant, I was fat in a specific place. That moving? An alien? Must be. I had dreams of giving birth and saying to the midwife 'Actually I've changed my mind, I'm not ready'. I was worried I would have to be a grown up now. Me? Grown up and, like, responsible? Sensible? Other words ending in 'ible'

:ROFL: Yes, this is exactly how I feel right now. We just visited some friends who had a baby recently and I remarked to my husband that I could only imagine being pregnant as that scene from ALIEN where the creature bursts out of the guy's stomach.

Also, this entire month? I was having dreams of giving birth to these tiny, weird, deformed babies that die horribly as soon as they come out. I thought it was because we were visiting some friends and their new baby.

And my husband just called me Mommy. This is surreal.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo, my firstborn just came home tonight to have his birthday cake.

He's 23 now. He's a smart and nice young man, so I know I must have done something right.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Congratulations! And I totally understand the Alien feeling. When I was eight months pregnant with my daughter, she would roll from side to side and all I could think was "there is something moving and it isn't me"!

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you. I'm glad you're happy.

I do have one question.

Did you get pee on your hand?

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha*cough*sputter*ahem*

Congrats! :)

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Good vibes for an easy pregnancy heading your way...

~suki

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
WTG...congratz to you both. Because you admit that you do not know it all....you will do fine. A whole new world is going to open up for you guys. Best wishes.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderfully superb, Jo. Bet you'll be terrific! Congrats and way2go and definitely calls for :Cake:! :)

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Wonderful news! I know what you're talking about though, when baby #1 arrived I felt like I was the sitter and just waited for her mom to show up -- by baby #5, I knew she was long gone...

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent news, Jo.

There are two miracles at work here. The first is obvious. You've made someone who is part you and part your husband. That is probably the best accomplishment you'll complete in your life and the whole biology part of it really is a miracle.

The second miracle is something that may sneak up on you--it's that mysterious thing called maternal instinct/maternal intuition, and it will build and grow through the pregnancy, really kick in once the child appears, and likely never go away until you're in your grave.

Enjoy every bit of this (except for the morning sickness, if it comes).