On Track and Passed 80k

Kalthandrix

Awesomeness on Tap!
Registered
Reaction score
I just passed the 80,000 word count for my novel! I am soooo psyched.

I have been writing almost every day since February 22, 2009 and this is the end of my 10th week of writing. So I have added almost 50k worth of new material to my story in that time, while still working full time, and not ignoring my wife or kids, or forgetting my social obligations like bithdays and my 8th wedding anniversary as well.

If I can keep it up, I will reach my 120k goal for this novel by June 27th. I swore to myself after not making it last year, that I would have this novel written by my birthday this year, and if I reach 120k by June 27th, I will have more than a month until my birthday if I need some more room to wrap it up!

I just and to share with someone :)

Kalthandrix

Awesomeness on Tap!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Even though I do not know you all, this is where I go to give me a boost.

Kalthandrix

Awesomeness on Tap!
Registered
Reaction score
I am across the 90,000 word count now (over 92k actually) and have about 40 days left on my writing schedule to make it to my 120k word count. With 28k remaining, I do not think I will be finished though...bummer, but I will have a whole month plus some spare days in order to complete my novel before my birthday on August 5th!

I only have myself scheduled to write a minimun of about 700 words per day (5,220 per week actually), but I have been managing to kick out more on some days so I hope to complete this before my deadline comes crashing in.

Just thought I would share my progress...now it is back to writing :)