PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be in a documentary!

underthecity
05-03-2009, 05:23 AM
A lady from a local production company contacted me earlier this week explaining that they are making a documentary about the subway in Cincinnati. She and her partner had read my subway book cover to cover and wanted to interview me, shooting me on tape, with specific questions, and my answers and explanations will appear on the documentary.

They came out today, Saturday, to our house and taped the interview in my library. They carefully positioned me so my books and bookshelves were right behind me, and I guess when it appears on TV it'll look like I'm in a room full of books. Quite writerly, I suppose. (In truth, there are only three bookcases, but I need to add a fourth.)

She asked tons of questions and the interview took most of the afternoon. It was quite enjoyable to do. The documentary is due to air on a couple of PBS stations later this year. It'd be nice if it got sold to the History Channel, but that might be wishful thinking.

All in all, it was very flattering that they wanted to interview me. And to think I actually wrote that book ten years ago, even though it was published in 2003.

I'm not sure if they'll use the part when she asked if I knew whether the subway was haunted. After I answered why I didn't think it was haunted, I looked into the camera and said, "However, if it helps sell books, I'll swear on a bible that the subway is haunted!"

Fenika
05-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Heh, hope you winked knowingly at the camera for added charm ;)

And congrats!

Lauren
05-03-2009, 06:11 AM
That's awesome! Congrats!!

Wavy_Blue
05-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Congratulations! Remember us little people when you're big an famous one day. ;)

Mad Queen
05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
And of course you were wearing your Absolute Write T-shirt during the interview. ;)

underthecity
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
If I had an AW T Shirt, I may have worn it. But they requested I wear a shirt that was not black, grey, or red.

I wore green.

Calla Lily
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Cool! Congrats.

wannawrite
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Awesome!

ChunkyC
05-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Wicked awesome, Allen! *high-fives*

If I had an AW T Shirt, I may have worn it. But they requested I wear a shirt that was not black, grey, or red.

I wore green.
Jeez, you'd think they'd have that colour TV stuff down pat by now. :)

Millicent M'Lady
05-05-2009, 03:44 AM
That's so cool! Congratulations! Do you feel any more Hollywood for the experience? :)

Greenwolf103
05-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Sweet! Congrats, Allen!

I wonder why they have so many experts positioned in front of books on documentaries. Why not go for something a little more unexpected?

MrWrite
05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Congrats Underthecity! Let us know when it airs! :D