PDA

View Full Version : I want Neil Sedaka..

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 04:41 AM
This is a TEASER thread.

I will not give you the full story for weeks, maybe even months, OR, when Neil Sedaka ACTUALLY turns up and wants to hear what it is I wanna do!

I have a Dream!

It has only come to me recently, but it is set deep in there. It is very much about MUSIC, Neil Sedaka and a "cover" I believe he has never, ever, done.

Please, keep me alive here, with this.
I may respond quickly, even daily, but I won't post MORE of the TEASE until at least, next Sunday or NS turns up to hear my DREAM.

It is bigger than Texas!
It is BIGGER than the WHOLE USA!

This is BIG, a dream always is.
I reckon it will take Neil Sedaka, or someone else with as good of a voice as him!

Help an old guy to DREAM and stay alive, if you are of a mind too!

This message is POWERED by YouTOOB who have zero involvement at this time.

Mr. Anonymous
05-03-2009, 04:46 AM
huh?

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 04:49 AM
AW has been down for 3 hours.
Now, when you talk DREAMS, you gotta wonder if you are meant to succeed or not.

I know what next weeks snippet will be, I have it fully planned in my head and it will be part of the TEASE thread, but nothing to do with music, you will not be let off that easy!

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Pays to spell check the titles too eh??

Sirion
05-03-2009, 05:42 AM
I don't quite understand the post.

For that matter, I don't quite understand the poll.

I'm very confused. :(

-Travis

Williebee
05-03-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm not answering until you get some Orlando Bloom in the options.

Haven't you paid attention to how polls work around here at all?

sheesh.

:)

btw? You want Sedaka to sing Zeppelin, don't you? Maybe some AC/DC? Sick monster, you.

benbradley
05-03-2009, 06:19 AM
I too often get Neil Sedaka confused with Paul A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsS811o21-k) ... I mean Paul Anka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcCaCgMLBE). Just another '50's white male singing star...

KTC
05-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Somebody took the wrong pills this afternoon. It's so sad when that happens. Give you BAD. BAD. BLOOD. BLOOD.

And they say the only thing bad blood do is mess up a good man's mind.

The only good thing about bad blood is lettin' it slide

KTC
05-03-2009, 07:06 AM
FYI indifferent is one word.

Mr. Anonymous
05-03-2009, 07:21 AM
No it's not. It only is because we all say it is, which is a pretty crappy reason to me, hence its not. I mean, who are we to say anyway? And besides. Me>We

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 09:35 AM

FYI indifferent is one "POSSIBLE" word.

I knew this would be happy, not enuff old people have shown up yet.
ONE Kind mod has been thru and dropped an "L" on Nei in my opening title for me, so some positive progress has been made!

----------

Now, just cos TTCleveland has fronted up, and with a cutesy Police Pic in tow, I will tell you that next Sunday's TEASE will be fully about Cleveland, or Cleveland's and it will blow your mind, or scare you off the "i" roads forever, that is interstate talk to youse uniniatate boys anyways!

Hell, I don't even know if Neil Sedaka, at his level of maturity, even wants to know about the "i" roads, and where they gonna takes us! ONLY he can tell us/me that. My DREAM may get to slightly change direction if he does.

Who has Simon Cowles' email addy, I think Sony could front a coupla mil for the video.
I dun told you once..
[when the devil came down to Georga, looking for a soul to steal,
he was in a bind, way behind,
and looking to make a deal..]

.. this is big.
It is bigger than Texas!

It will take a few mill to drag together but it is gonna be fun, there will be room for all advertisers, big and small, I am gonna line up BarsBugz for 100 gals at least, keep the window shiny and clean.

It is bigger than Texas!
To all those who tried to guess, you ain't right, but you keep on coming here, I am BUILDING a DREAM and that cannot be built overnight.

I was tempted to toss about the year, but that ain't gonna be unltil Sunday or the next one!

Next Full TEASE will be Cleveland, the year the follow week!

This DREAM is BIG!

PS, if you want to see the whole dream laid out, then get Neil Sedaka, the geniune one, to contact me thru email and I will lay the whole idea, from start to finish here after.
Developing a dream is like writing a book, there is so many people in mind, and to be organised WITH big bucks, there will run into millions for sure, to make it come to gether. I truly hope to be there!

bettielee
05-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Herman... have you lost your frickin' mind? Or are you hittin' the gaffer's old brew?

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank you Bettielee, no I haven't

It is a DREAM which will take millions to make the entire think come together, but it will be good, even if what little I have done to date is the groundwork.
Neil Sedaka is the key, once he agrees, the sky is the limit!

bettielee
05-03-2009, 10:58 AM
But... I don't care about Neil Sedaka. You tease and you tempt... What's in this for me?

Wayne K
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Dude.

KTC
05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Somebody take this crap out of roundtable and put it in OP. For the love of God.

KTC
05-03-2009, 05:42 PM
No it's not. It only is because we all say it is, which is a pretty crappy reason to me, hence its not. I mean, who are we to say anyway? And besides. Me>We

This didn't quite reach humor. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

benbradley
05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Somebody take this crap out of roundtable and put it in OP.
But surrely there's something here that has to do with writerly discussion. Right? Or perhaps it's that Neil Sedaka is round.

For the love of God.
But, but, but ... I'm an atheist, you insensitive clod! (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22you+insensitive+clod%22+site%3Aslashdo t.org)

:D

(okay, mybe I shouldn't use Slashdotisms on AW)

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 07:34 PM

It is like in love/inluv
You only know you're in love when she says "you're inluv"

Somebody take this crap out of roundtable and put it in OP. For the love of God.

Why did you want my DREAM banished?
Are some dreams not as worthy?

Herman Munster
05-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Is this thread AW performance art or something? I don't get it.

It is a dream.
It is an attempt to contact Neil Sedaka, directly to put an idea, what I consider is a great idea to him about a cover I don't think he has ever done.

I have a great idea that the song would be a spectacular remake/cover, AND, it would make a wild Music Video. The way this DREAM has come to me is in Video form, it has come to me thru a song which means possibly the most ever to me and combines elements of music, long lost family and the magnificence of the BIG, better and simply sensational.

I have considered this, carefully. I don't imagine the desire to contact Neil Sedaka directly is going to be particularly easy if even possible. I hoped with the wide and varied appeal of all our members, that sooner or later, someone with some inside knowledge could and would facilitate that very direct contact. I expect this to take a little time.

As such, I decided to "spin" the dissemination of the relevant information out over a period of time to make sure as many people as possible, time over distance, would be exposed to it.

I hope that clarifies the reasoning behind such a post. I think the DREAM is genuine enuff and will appeal enuff, to as many people thru a huge cross section here that success is not necessarily guaranteed, but certainly possibly, even likely.
To sell a dream, you do need to sell it, right?

KTC
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Ooh. My first deleted post! You took it the wrong way, RT. But, who cares.

KTC
05-03-2009, 08:46 PM
It is a dream.
It is an attempt to contact Neil Sedaka, directly to put an idea, what I consider is a great idea to him about a cover I don't think he has ever done.

I have a great idea that the song would be a spectacular remake/cover, AND, it would make a wild Music Video. The way this DREAM has come to me is in Video form, it has come to me thru a song which means possibly the most ever to me and combines elements of music, long lost family and the magnificence of the BIG, better and simply sensational.

I have considered this, carefully. I don't imagine the desire to contact Neil Sedaka directly is going to be particularly easy if even possible. I hoped with the wide and varied appeal of all our members, that sooner or later, someone with some inside knowledge could and would facilitate that very direct contact. I expect this to take a little time.

As such, I decided to "spin" the dissemination of the relevant information out over a period of time to make sure as many people as possible, time over distance, would be exposed to it.

I hope that clarifies the reasoning behind such a post. I think the DREAM is genuine enuff and will appeal enuff, to as many people thru a huge cross section here that success is not necessarily guaranteed, but certainly possibly, even likely.
To sell a dream, you do need to sell it, right?

You seem to have delusions of grandeur. You know what...Neil probably doesn't check out AW on a daily basis to see if people here have wonderful ideas for him. How about contacting his management? I'm sure they'd be happy to put a restraining order on you.

MacAllister
05-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Heh. Herman, I'm afraid that Neil Sedaka very probably doesn't check on AW at ALL, let alone on a daily basis...

brokenfingers
05-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Have no fear, Mr. Munster. I have charged up my all-encompassing mental powers to 150% and am channeling Neil right now.

Take your meds, lie down and relax. I'll let you know what he says later.

cray
05-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Heh. Herman, I'm afraid that Neil Sedaka very probably doesn't check on AW at ALL, let alone on a daily basis...

what about jessica alba?

Wayne K
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I have a confession to make.....

Wayne K
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm Neal Sedaka<-spelling?

Wayne K
05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
That is all.

Mr. Anonymous
05-04-2009, 02:02 AM
This didn't quite reach humor. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.
And who is to say what is humor and what isn't? Who is it, this arbiter of the funneh? And moreover, who is to say failing is failing and not passing?

bettielee
05-04-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm Neal Sedaka<-spelling?

Now you're just poking him with a stick. That's not nice.

Silver King
05-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Herman, you can contact Mr. Sedaka through his official website (http://www.neilsedaka.com/contact.php) and suggest your idea to his staff. Who knows? If it passes muster, they might run it by the man himself and get back to you. It's worth a try, anyway.

Herman Munster
05-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Herman, you can contact Mr. Sedaka through his official website (http://www.neilsedaka.com/contact.php)

NOW, THAT is what you call DREAM building.
I shall follow that helpful advice and suggestion, and, should it come to fruition, I shall return to this thread, as promised, and layout the whole plan/idea/concept/dream and if it does come together, you will understand that it is..

Bigger than Texas!
BIGGER than the WHOLE USA!

Oh yee of little faith...

Pagey's_Girl
05-04-2009, 03:44 AM
You want Sedaka to sing Zeppelin, don't you?

Don't even joke about that, lest you bring the wrath of the Great God of Chaos and Drums down upon AW. All hail Bonzo!

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 04:18 AM
what about jessica alba?

She's hot.

But I have a question---

Who's neil sedaka and why should I care?

KTC
05-04-2009, 04:29 AM
And who is to say what is humor and what isn't? Who is it, this arbiter of the funneh? And moreover, who is to say failing is failing and not passing?

This didn't quite reach zen. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 04:38 AM
you get graded around here on how zen you are?

Mr. Anonymous
05-04-2009, 04:58 AM

Apparently!

To know Zen is to not know Zen.

KTC
05-04-2009, 05:05 AM

Apparently!

To know Zen is to not know Zen.

This didn't quite reach bitchy. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

Mr. Anonymous
05-04-2009, 05:17 AM
This didn't quite reach bitchy. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

To know bitchy is to be bitchy. xP

KTC
05-04-2009, 05:18 AM
To know bitchy is to be bitchy. xP

This didn't quite reach a good comeback. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 05:23 AM
is there going to be a quiz?

Mr. Anonymous
05-04-2009, 05:23 AM
This didn't quite reach a good comeback. Sorry. It gets a fail grade.

Good, much like bad, is a mental construct, a label we attach to objects and people and things in an effort to simplify, streamline, and categorize.

And being a mental construct, it is also highly subjective, based on who it is that is doing the constructing. Consequently, the word has no real value or meaning.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Herman, you can contact Mr. Sedaka through his official website (http://www.neilsedaka.com/contact.php) and suggest your idea to his staff. Who knows? If it passes muster, they might run it by the man himself and get back to you. It's worth a try, anyway.

Someone suggested that I do that with The Marshal Tucker Band because I'm using their lyrics in my WIP, so I sent them an e-mail--within a day they sent me a phone number and the name of the publisher who holds the rights to them.

KTC
05-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Good, much like bad, is a mental construct, a label we attach to objects and people and things in an effort to simplify, streamline, and categorize.

And being a mental construct, it is also highly subjective, based on who it is that is doing the constructing. Consequently, the word has no real value or meaning.

poetinahat
05-04-2009, 05:41 AM
I am SO much more Zen than you are. My Zen kicks your Zen's ASS, babeh.

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I am SO much more Zen than you are. My Zen kicks your Zen's ASS, babeh.

You might be right?

But i don't use my zen to kick rump---I use my feet---and I am good at it.

So bring it, honey.

rhymegirl
05-04-2009, 07:04 AM
But I have a question---

Who's neil sedaka and why should I care?

Are you kidding?

Hmm.

I love I love I love my calendar girl...

Breaking up is hard to do...

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Are you kidding?

Hmm.

I love I love I love my calendar girl...

Breaking up is hard to do...

I love calendar girls too--and yes--I agree--breaking up is hard to do---but

Who is neil sedaka?

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:18 AM
You might be right?

But i don't use my zen to kick rump---I use my feet---and I am good at it.

So bring it, honey.

Can we merge this with "What scares the &^%@ out of you"?

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Or throw it into one of the erotica forums.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
TIO?

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Anything but TIO!

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
:ROFL:

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Good thing DL and me is friends.

Or do we have a common enemy?

I can't keep track of these things.

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Wayne,
we are friends---I have no enemies---except myself---and that requires all my attention:)

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I beat myself up with a pillow these days.

Sweetleaf
05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Wakuan complained when he saw a picture of bearded Bodhidharma: 'Why hasn't that fellow a beard?'

Mumon's comment: If you want to study Zen, you must study it with your heart. When you attain realisation, it must be true realisation. You yourself must have the face of the great Bodhidharma to see him. Just one such glimpse will be enough. But if you say you met him, you never saw him at all.

One should not discuss a dream
In front of a simpleton.
Why has Bodhidharma no beard?
What an absurd question!

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 07:59 AM
I beat myself up with a pillow these days.

so you have pillow fights with yourself?

but do you tell ghost stories afterwards?

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I do my nails sometimes.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:05 AM
"The less I was of who I was the happier I became." L. Cohen.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
"I didn't get rich.
I didn't get the girl.
Follow me"

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:07 AM
"There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Wakuan complained when he saw a picture of bearded Bodhidharma: 'Why hasn't that fellow a beard?'

Mumon's comment: If you want to study Zen, you must study it with your heart. When you attain realisation, it must be true realisation. You yourself must have the face of the great Bodhidharma to see him. Just one such glimpse will be enough. But if you say you met him, you never saw him at all.

One should not discuss a dream
In front of a simpleton.
Why has Bodhidharma no beard?
What an absurd question!

if you can not find the truth right where you are---where else do you expect to find it?

Dogen

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:09 AM
"All men will be sailors until the sea shall free them."

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:09 AM
But I digest.

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Am I Zen?

Sweetleaf
05-04-2009, 08:17 AM
'The great path has no gates,
Thousands of roads enter it.
When one passes through this gateless gate
He walks freely between heaven and earth.'

I have Zen Flesh, Zen Bones. I'm all over your Zen, buddy :D

DL Hegel
05-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Am I Zen?

'The great path has no gates,
Thousands of roads enter it.
When one passes through this gateless gate
He walks freely between heaven and earth.'

I have Zen Flesh, Zen Bones. I'm all over your Zen, buddy :D

zen: seeing into one's own nature.

hui-neng

Sweetleaf
05-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Touche :D

Wayne K
05-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I think I'm Zenalicious.

benbradley
05-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't even joke about that, lest you bring the wrath of the Great God of Chaos and Drums down upon AW. All hail Bonzo!
Speaking of God...

http://www.saladrecords.com/bonhamfiles.htm

May I suggest tracks 14, "All My Love" and 22 "Fool In The Rain." On many of these you can hear His grunts as He plays, especially in rolls.

Mr. Anonymous
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM

You're starting to repeat yourself, and I'm starting to get bored. Shall we call it a draw?

I did consider responding with "see post 37," but figured you would have responded with "see post 38," and we'd be trapped in a never-ending loop!!!

benbradley
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
You're starting to repeat yourself, and I'm starting to get bored. Shall we call it a draw?

I did consider responding with "see post 37," but figured you would have responded with "see post 38," and we'd be trapped in a never-ending loop!!!
Nah, that won't happen here. because a mod eventually comes along. Kinda like chess rules, it's an automatic draw game if the same position is repeated three times.

Mela
05-05-2009, 12:08 AM
I love I love I love my calendar girl .....
why am I not responding to the more ... fluidly thought out threads in OP today?
Could it be it's just been that kind of day for me?
I get NS confused with, um ... I can't think of his name, wait .... runs out of thread to google ...
it's not Paul Anka it's --- Wayne. ...Wayne ...
Wayne Newton!

KTC
05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
See post #75.

Pagey's_Girl
05-05-2009, 04:11 AM
*Swoons over Wayne quoting Leonard Cohen...*

"You can't shake it or break it with your Motown, you can't melt it down in the rain..."

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river. You can see the boats go by, you can spend the night beside her."

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:14 AM
The ponys run, the girls are young, the odds are there to beat...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:15 AM
And she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:16 AM
You lose your grip and then you slip into the masterpiece

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Jesus was a sailor, when he walked upon the wateer...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:17 AM
And baby I, have miles to drive, and promises to keep...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:17 AM
From his lonely wooden tower.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:18 AM
I saw there was, no ocean left, for scavengers like me.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Come over to the window my little darling....

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
I want to try to read your palm...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:21 AM
I used to think I was some kind of gypsy boy...

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Before I let you take me home.....

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:23 AM
This is a play.

This is my will.

You are cut up into situations I determine.

You are a mighty warrior, go forward and do your duty.

benbradley
05-05-2009, 04:44 AM
But you don't really care for music, do ya?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift...

Sweetleaf
05-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Wayne, do you really have nothing else to do?

KTC
05-05-2009, 04:48 AM
There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:48 AM
I've been busy rewriting a chapter called "There is a crack in everything,,,"

and then there she was mentioning leonard.

KTC
05-05-2009, 04:49 AM
I've been busy rewriting a chapter called "There is a crack in everything,,,"

and then there she was mentioning leonard.

I got permission from the man himself to use that line as an epigraph in my novel. (-;

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:50 AM
My time on AW is well spent too. I've had over 500 views on my SYW posts.

KTC
05-05-2009, 04:51 AM
My time on AW is well spent too. I've had over 500 views on my SYW posts.

Come on now. You're running in circles now. Don't defend the OP time...it builds the creative bridge.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:51 AM
I got permission from the man himself to use that line as an epigraph in my novel. (-;

If you could direct a letter for me I'd like to ask his permission--it's a beautiful chapter of my discovery of Leonard from my wife and "I'm your man"

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 04:53 AM
It was at the same time I write A Life Gone Awry. It was very powerful. I understood what I was looking at all along.

KTC
05-05-2009, 04:55 AM
If you could direct a letter for me I'd like to ask his permission--it's a beautiful chapter of my discovery of Leonard from my wife and "I'm your man"

But. But. But. I want it all for myself!

My novel has a Cohenesque character...I wrote it in 48 hours while listening to nothing but Leonard Cohen music through headphones at volume 11. At the end of the writing, I wrote that line as my epigraph...then contacted him for permission, vowing to delete the whole novel if he said no...because the whole novel is about that discovery...that crack that shows the light. Without the epigraph, I didn't want it.

I can get you his manager's contact if you want...but you'll owe me!

Kevin, a lifelong Cohen fan.

I saw him in concert last June...it was a religious experience.

KTC
05-05-2009, 04:56 AM
It was at the same time I write A Life Gone Awry. It was very powerful. I understood what I was looking at all along.

I want to write one called A Life Gone Away.

hehe. Sorry. Just kidding. I wrote a memoir called Chasing Empty...then I totally rewrote it as a novel.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 05:00 AM
We need to talk. I would love that contact, I already have the contact for The Marshal Tucker Band--I use the lyrics from "Can't you see."

How do I find your books?

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 05:07 AM
I want to write one called A Life Gone Away.

hehe. Sorry. Just kidding. I wrote a memoir called Chasing Empty...then I totally rewrote it as a novel.

Leonard talked about how sometimes everything would come to him and sometimes he would get one thing from a full day--one little phrase. A LIfe Gone Awry-was a long day for me.

Manix
05-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Interesting interview I found:

In a recent conversation with Dominic Kelleher in Brussels we discovered a joint appreciation of the poems and songs of Leonard Cohen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard%20Cohen) and Dominic told me of one of his favorite songs and a quote from it that I too particularly liked. This was the quote.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

From the the lyrics of the song Anthem (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leonardcohen/anthem.html) by Leonard Cohen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard%20Cohen)
But then in googling the song and the quote I found this fragment from an interview with Leonard Cohen that brought the words even more to live for me.
In another song you also say "There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in". It is not a very happy thought to believe that something will always have to break, to open a crack, in order to the light gets in...

It is a happy thought if we enjoy the truth. There is always something that will have to break. Usually it is our personal pride. A Buddhist thinker said that disappointment is a great way to illumination. Other masters said: "from the broken debris of my heart I will erect an altar to the Lord".

The idea that there is a staircase of gold and marble, which leads to knowledge is seductive, but seems to me that the idea of something needing to get broken before we can learn anything is a more true idea. It is my experience, maybe you can escape it, but I doubt it. Unless the heart breaks, we will never know anything about love. As long as our objective universe doesn't collapse, we'll never know anything about the world.

We think that we know the mechanism, but only when it fails we understand how intricate and mysterious is the operation. So, it is true, "there's a crack in everything", all human activity is imperfect and unfinished. Only that way we can have the notion that there's something inside us that can only be located through disillusion, bad luck and defeat. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case.

From an interview (http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/expresso.html) with Leonard Cohen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard%20Cohen)

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm in awe of his humility.

Thanks for that.

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 06:14 AM
What was this thread about again?

bettielee
05-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Is this still going? I thought someone was going to get Herman one of those "special" doctors....

Herman Munster
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
What was this thread about again?

DREAMS
and.. dream building.
Helping others to keep the DREAM alive thru whatever they may face!

"Tell me ..
Where are you driving, Midnight Cruiser?
I am another, gentleman loser.
Where is your bounty of fortune and fame?
Drive me to Harlem or somewhere the same"

Steely Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_DyoB4Cjs

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Paul Anka?

Mr. Anonymous
05-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Nah, that won't happen here. because a mod eventually comes along. Kinda like chess rules, it's an automatic draw game if the same position is repeated three times.

Ha, good point. Is it really three times though, for chess? If so, then my computer has been cheating me... lol.

See post #75.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (in the darth vader voice)

dclary
05-06-2009, 02:11 AM
Does anyone have the drugs I need to understand this thread?

KTC
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Does anyone have the drugs I need to understand this thread?

love is the drug

dclary
05-06-2009, 02:13 AM
But you don't really care for music, do ya?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift...

Silk Specter 2 residual woody.

^_^

Thanks Ben.

Wayne K
05-06-2009, 03:00 AM
The ponies run, the girls are young,
The odds are there to beat.
You win a while, and then it’s done –
Your little winning streak.
And summoned now to deal
With your invincible defeat,
You live your life as if it’s real,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

I’m turning tricks, I’m getting fixed,
I’m back on Boogie Street.
You lose your grip, and then you slip
Into the Masterpiece.
And maybe I had miles to drive,
And promises to keep:
You ditch it all to stay alive,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

And sometimes when the night is slow,
The wretched and the meek,
We gather up our hearts and go,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

Confined to sex, we pressed against
The limits of the sea:
I saw there were no oceans left
For scavengers like me.
I made it to the forward deck.
I blessed our remnant fleet –
And then consented to be wrecked,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

I’m turning tricks, I’m getting fixed,
I’m back on Boogie Street.
I guess they won’t exchange the gifts
That you were meant to keep.
And quiet is the thought of you,
The file on you complete,
Except what we forgot to do,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

And sometimes when the night is slow,
The wretched and the meek,
We gather up our hearts and go,
A Thousand Kisses Deep.

The ponies run, the girls are young,
The odds are there to beat . . .

KTC
05-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Well my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play
And I'm crazy for love but I'm not coming on
I'm just paying my rent every day
Oh in the Tower of Song
I said to Hank Williams: how lonely does it get?
Hank Williams hasn't answered yet
But I hear him coughing all night long
A hundred floors above me
In the Tower of Song

I was born like this, I had no choice
I was born with the gift of a golden voice
And twenty-seven angels from the Great Beyond
They tied me to this table right here
In the Tower of Song

So you can stick your little pins in that voodoo doll
I'm very sorry, baby, doesn't look like me at all
I'm standing by the window where the light is strong
Ah they don't let a woman kill you
Not in the Tower of Song

Now you can say that I've grown bitter but of this you may be sure
The rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor
And there's a mighty judgement coming, but I may be wrong
You see, you hear these funny voices
In the Tower of Song

I see you standing on the other side
I don't know how the river got so wide
I loved you baby, way back when
And all the bridges are burning that we might have crossed
But I feel so close to everything that we lost
We'll never have to lose it again

Now I bid you farewell, I don't know when I'll be back
There moving us tomorrow to that tower down the track
But you'll be hearing from me baby, long after I'm gone
I'll be speaking to you sweetly
From a window in the Tower of Song

Yeah my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play
And I'm crazy for love but I'm not coming on
I'm just paying my rent every day
Oh in the Tower of Song

Herman Munster
05-06-2009, 03:50 AM
The wildwood flower grew wild on the farm and we never knowed what it was called, some said it was flower, some said it was a weed, I didn't give it much thought.

One day i was out there talking to my brother, and i reached down
for a weed to chew on, and things got fuzzy and things got blurry,
and then everything was gone, i didn't know what happened, but
i knew it beat the hell out of sniffin' burlap.

I came to and my brother was there and he said boy [g]what's wrong with your eyes, i said i don't know i was chewing on a weed, he said let me give it a try

We spent the rest of that day and most of that night trying to
find my brother Bill, caught up with him about six o'clock the
next morning, naked sitting on the windmill, said he flew up there,
I had to fly up and get him down, he was about half crazy.

The very next day we picked a bunch of them weeds and put em in the sun to dry, then we mashed 'em up and cleaned 'em up, and put 'em in a corncob pipe.

Smoking then wildwood flowers got to be a habit and we never seen no harm, we thought it was kind of handy, take a trip and never leave the farm, a big old puff of that wildwood weed, next thing you know you're wanderin around behind the little animals

All good things got to come to an end, it's the same with our
wildwood weeds, one day this feller from Washington came by and
spied em, and turned white as a sheet.

Well they dug and burned and they burned and dug and they killed all of our cute little weeds, then they drove away, we just smiled and waved, sittin there on that sack of seeds.

Wayne K
05-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Those schoolgirl days, of telling tales and biting nails are gone,
But in my mind,
I know they will still live on and on,
But how do you thank someone, who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try,

If you wanted the sky I would write across the sky in letters,
That would soar a thousand feet high,
To Sir, with Love

The time has come,
For closing books and long last looks must end,
And as I leave,
I know that I am leaving my best friend,
A friend who taught me right from wrong,
And weak from strong,
That's a lot to learn,
What, what can I give you in return?

If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start,
But I, would rather you let me give my heart,
To Sir, with Love

Wayne K
05-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Do not play this piece fast.

It is never right to play ragtime fast...

-Scott Joplin

Herman Munster
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
It is Sunday, I promised to add to my posts here with a piece on Cleveland, for TTCleveand. It is all part of building the DREAM for me, and for you, those ones who have supported and built my DREAM, maybe , in some way, built your own DREAM also?

I the late 70s, or 80s Mack brought out a new truck, it had like 5-6 forward gears only, compared to the 10-20 gears that “normal” trucks had. It was little faster and more powerful than what was already around with a consequence that the east – west record taken.

In Australia, the east-west record is the time it takes a Truck to get from the east, Sydney-NSW or Melbourne-Vic to Perth-West Australia [WA]. Distance 4,000 km/2400 miles. In the SA/WA bits you are allowed two 40 foot boxes, not a B train, but a 40 foot double that is a ROAD Train. In other areas a Road Train generally means it is 2 x 40 foot trailers at least to 5 x 40 foot trailers.

Cleveland’s run out of Wagga Wagga, NSW, from memory and they run East-West and return. They are not the only ones, obviously, but there do seem to be a lot of them. Cleveland’s don’t run Macks, not from the last time I saw them, they run Kenworths. Collectively, “they” did not like the Macks having the EW record, so they ordered a new combo spec’d Prime Mover from Kenworth. It goes something like this:
1 450 hp Cummins engine
2 15 speed Fuller Road Ranger gearbox
3 64,000 lb Rockwell Hi Speed diffs.

When they hot the ground running they cracked the 40 hour record EW and they were passing the Mack Trucks. Clevelands became known as the Mack Munches. They would haul them eat, chew them up and split them out, all across the route. I believe the new record for the EW journey is around 36 hours, averaging over the max speed limit for the journey, they peel two trailers, often Pantechnicans.
Crossing the Nullarbor Plain is all about the EW and WE journey. My friend Dave had two UDs exfactory, the first has a 15 speed box, and the second has an 18 speed box. Dave and I took a BOMB, 26 tons of liquid explosives from Kalgoolie, WA, across the Nullarbor Plain to SA’s Port Augusta and then swung left to deliver to Mt Gunstan. The return trip was about 4,000 km.
You cannot road train explosives, it is against the law and usually we didn’t, so this trip we had but one trailer with this bomb on board. We were also restricted to 80 km/h seeing we were hauling explosives. We did keep with that speed restriction and held max pace, for us it was 120 – 130 Km/h.
I was in the chair this time, Dave was asleep in the bunk. I was holding max speed around 130 km/h, and I watched the mirrors as with everything else. I saw them come of the horizon, full lights blaring in them. After a short while they were getting quite close. I signalled my right blinker twice to indicate that I knew they were there, that they were intending to pass, and that the road ahead was clear for them.
They pulled out to pass. When our cabs got level I dropped my high beam and spots as he brought his up, the road ahead was still clear.
Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, Whoompfah, a dozen or more Mack Munches went through with a coupla RC Idiens in their group. They were, of course, tail gating, running nose to tail which is a fuel saving tool of long haul truckies. They cruised past my little 130 km/h at around 180 km/h. It wasn't so much scary as exhilarating, spectacular as awesome. They were "flying". Now granted they were probably not hauling weight as a load, hell they may have been empty but they were chewing up everything in front of them, Macks and all!

“THAT” was my introduction to Mack Munches and some of the really wild things across the NullArbor Plain. I could explain tailgating but I won’t. Mack Munches held the new record title for EW and they brought it down to around 36 hours, averaging over the speed limit for that entire journey.

Now to my DREAM about a song and now a Prime Mover to help make it work. I don’t know if they run two trailers on open Canada highways, not the B Train, but true double road train doubles.
I WANT Kenworth to build me a super truck, a bigger, brighter, safer, Super Monster Truck whose configuration is for the 21st century and beyond. I want Kenworth to build me a concept truck, fully optioned and including all current technology. I want Fruehauf to build me 3 x 60 foot trailers, a flat deck, a drop deck and a Pan. I was the to be quad axles, not triaxle. To haul 60 ton on them as opposed to the 40 ton max limit currently.

This will increase the hauling capacity by around 75% per trip and with a lower the per axle ton per tire ratio and therefore damage done to our roads, everywhere. I learnt through my career that a fully loaded truck damages the road through normal operation, but a truck running 110% of his limits will do double damage to the road, 120% doing triple damage etc. So if we can increase capacity, lower the ton per axle then we lower road damage, this means Central, state and county organisations have to repair the roads less often while the trucker makes more money for the same time and wear and tear to his gear. Seems like it is win, win, win, win, for the Govt, public, truckers and freight forwarding companies.

If the Prime Mover I know exists is not on off in the States or Canada then I will borrow a Mack Muncher from Clevelands and ship it over to do the job for me. I do believe when I represent my concept to Kenworth, about the truck for the 21st century, they will build it for me to run on the TCH to make the video for Neil Sedaka’s song and love every minute of it, as I will.

This DREAM is wild and big, it is gonna cost millions, but the returns will be there, I am certain of that. I think all the bean counters will see that and eventually fall into line.

This DREAM is set to kick into gear at the start of next summer, so we have scads of time to get it right. I believe it is going right right now, but we will leave it to the professionals to know this.

DRIVE to stay alive, dream build to build YOUR DREAM and then make it so!

It is Sunday, I promised, warned, threatened that I would build the dream today and includ TTCleveland!!!

Herman Munster
05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I am a little surprised that so many who were helping me build my dream have simply wandered away.
From going from post to post, minute by minute it appears, we now have no one who is posting at all, maybe a paradox.

Clevelands pull Doubles, often pantechnicons. That is two x 40 foot trailers behind their prime movers when they get way away from civilisation. Rocking on thru the day and night, these juggernauts can often be seen in convoy. Now there is a song that spawned a movie!

I did omit RC Idiens, you often find them in a Mack Muncher convoy rocking on with the rest. I am told that these companies are merged in one way or another, so no surprie there.

But my interest in a machine designed to pull doubles successfully, well, I want to use a road train, 3 trailers in my case, on the American Roads. I want a flat deck, a drop deck and a pantechnicon on the rear. This config lets me construct an 8 foot by 8 foot by 8 foot clear perspex cube that we can secure to the trailer. There will be a door in the back wall as access and an armchair will be bolted for the comfort of the singers,

The drop deck is there for a small orchestra, put the piano on the top deck and space the rest out. An 8 foot clear perspex set of curtains would shield them from the breeze, and we might need to put a roof on it, for inclement weather and just excess breeze.

So, I need a triple, not just a double. This will be used for the video principally and we would get sponsors into it also. There would be Cat there to support the engine. Fruehauf there to support the trailers, Caltex, or another fuel supply with a double road train. See Bandag there, doing tyres for us and all truckers, a double road train from Coors or Millers or Bud, who ever wants to sell some booze to the boys over night.
Each trucker would need their own BBQ plate to cook a feed on once the sun goes down. With all them BBQ, maybe we need a fire engine as well
Kenworth to service the truck I am trying to flog to death,

Remember the 100 gallons of Bars Bugz I am going to ask for at the start of the road trip?
I have an idea that if we do advertise for it, we could get 100 truckies to stay with us, every mile thru to the end. I would give them each a number and when we convoy for the video, we would have the same trucks in the same order and same place and maintain the video integrity. I am not holding my breath over this.

We would invite all state and local county police to partake in the law patrols of our trip and I would love to see a dozen hi way cars screaming along all about the lead truck.

As the dream builds, for me, and how it unfolds for you, it just blows my mind. There is such a massive amount of fun that can be generated here and there is no reason why anyone should ever have an accident or anyone should get hurt!

There is still more to come.
Now, there is a link above to Neil Sedaka's website. I suggest you post your message to Leba, I did. Maybe if we can get a small ground swell thru emails to Leba, we can get them to look into this project properly. Currently they are just looking at an idiot with a dream and no friends.

If you wanna see it happen, then help me with emails to Leab

Seeya Sunday, if you don't post b4!

Wayne K
05-17-2009, 08:06 PM
We would invite all state and local county police to partake in the law patrols of our trip

You lost me bigtime here.

Wayne K
05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Like children: I love love law enforcement, but don't want them in my house.

BenPanced
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Lady Potatohead, is that you?!

Button
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Can someone give me a one paragraph synopsis on what in God's nightgown the Munster is talking about?

benbradley
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
You lost me bigtime here.

Like children: I love love law enforcement, but don't want them in my house.
Interesting that you would read the whole posts (something about recent trucking history and wanting to have a cross-country convoy - now I got that song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYS0Epyyu3k) stuck in my head, thanks for letting me share) and the sentence that got your attention has the word police in it. I don't suppose you have, as they would say, "a history" with police...

Wayne K
05-18-2009, 02:48 AM
I got better.

Pagey's_Girl
05-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Can someone give me a one paragraph synopsis on what in God's nightgown the Munster is talking about?

I think he wants someone to build a bigger and better truck.

Silver King
05-18-2009, 04:27 AM
Our friend Munster has a dream. And like some dreams, it's a little vague around the edges and somewhat out of focus as you approach the center. But it's still a dream, an epiphany of sorts, one that has Munster in such a lather that he can't quite convey his vision so that we fully appreciate his obsession. As time goes by, though, and he exposes more details of his revelation, I trust that we'll more easily grasp where he's coming from.

Manix
05-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Our friend Munster has a dream. And like some dreams, it's a little vague around the edges and somewhat out of focus as you approach the center. But it's still a dream, an epiphany of sorts, one that has Munster in such a lather that he can't quite convey his vision so that we fully appreciate his obsession. As time goes by, though, and he exposes more details of his revelation, I trust that we'll more easily grasp where he's coming from.

I.E. When the hookah fog clears? *cough*

Silver King
05-18-2009, 04:43 AM
I.E. When the hookah fog clears? *cough*
Well, Button asked for only one paragraph, so I didn't have any more room to get into other theories...

BenPanced
05-18-2009, 05:49 AM
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

"No."

"Why am I the only one who has that dream?"

Silver King
05-18-2009, 06:18 AM
It's more like a dream with a million fish all around, so thick I can walk across their backs, a silver bricked road, intoxicated by the fumes of salt and low tide, a heady brew that dizzies the senses and clutches the heart, squeezing the blood flow to a stop until the Neil Sedaka Love Train comes to town, with Munster in the lead, who releases me from my reverie. :)

Manix
05-18-2009, 06:22 AM
It's more like a dream with a million fish all around, so thick I can walk across their backs, a silver bricked road, intoxicated by the fumes of salt and low tide, a heady brew that dizzies the senses and clutches the heart, squeezing the blood flow to a stop until the Neil Sedaka Love Train comes to town, with Munster in the lead, who releases me from my reverie. :)

Hmm...sounds fishy to me. Is this another one of your "A River Runs Through It" dreams? Oh no, I guess that's the wrong body of water.

Wayne K
05-18-2009, 06:44 AM
I just realized that I still haven't voted in this poll.

Wayne K
05-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Dude, that is the deadest poll results I've ever seen. We're on page six though--and the dream is still alive.

Nitemare
05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
This is a TEASER thread.

It is bigger than Texas!

This is BIG, a dream always is.
I reckon it will take Neil Sedaka, or someone else with as good of a voice as him!

Help an old guy to DREAM and stay alive, if you are of a mind too!

I am not exactly sure what is wanted here but I will say that the man turned 70 on March 13th and I seriously doubt that he is aware that AW even exists.

Matera the Mad
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM
I am in different. In many different. Things. I hear a different drummer -- usually it's just a noise in my stuffed and itchy ear. My dreams are in different worlds. With eyes looking in two different directions I see what you don't.

Wayne K
05-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I am in different. In many different. Things. I hear a different drummer -- usually it's just a noise in my stuffed and itchy ear. My dreams are in different worlds. With eyes looking in two different directions I see what you don't.
Word.

Sweetleaf
05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I kinda lost the connection between the Neil Sedaka dream and the big Kenworth dream.

bettielee
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Dude, that is the deadest poll results I've ever seen. We're on page six though--and the dream is still alive.

this is the second time I've said this today:

SOMEBODY KILL IT!

BenPanced
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
So help me, ghod, if the next post from Herman begins with "Have you heard the Good News about Amway?"...

KTC
05-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I once walked down the hill with a famous Jack. He stumbled...but I managed to catch his pail of water before it spilled. I was a hero that day. I sang Bad Blood at the top of my lungs in celebration. Hence, the dream lives...raw and unfettered.

Pagey's_Girl
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I kinda lost the connection between the Neil Sedaka dream and the big Kenworth dream.

"It was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June, had a Kenworth fulla logs
Cab over Pete with a reefer on and a jimmy haulin' hogs
We were headed for bear on I-one-oh 'bout a mile outta Shakeytown
I said "Pig Pen, this here is Rubber Duck and I'm about the put the hammer down..."

Sorry, but it's in my head now....

Herman Munster
05-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Someone wanted a paragraph to cover what we have todate.
I want Neil Sedaka to cover a song he has never don't b4. to make the video, I want a special Kenworth, possibly a concept truck, to lead the way pulling 3 x 60foot concept trailers. The lead trailer is a 60 foot trainer with a 8 x 8 x8 foot perspex cube for the comfort of the singer as he hammer the trucks down the road at high speed. The music video will be Neil sitting in an armchair, bolted to the deck for safety, singing the song. I don't know the Canadian or US driving codes so I don't know if pulling triple road trains is possible or regularly done. The sheer magnitude of the enterprise would require a lot of people to be involved, as well as X number of Helicoptors which would "travel' on the back of trucks, we would need fuel for these. As with 100 random truckers in support, we would need several specialist service tucks for us and all other trucks with us. This could easily take a week or more.

The cover song is going to be announced soon.

For email support for the concept, please email here:

leba@neilsedaka.com

Matera the Mad
05-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I have a rusty little red wagon.

Pagey's_Girl
05-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Now I'm curious to know what song it is.