PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a beta reader for my mystery/thriller

iwannabepublished
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I've got about 36,000 words completed on my first draft of a mystery/thriller. The story is about an archeological dig at Ephesus that has attracted the interest of an ancient cult from Carthage, a group of Turkish terrorists, and an odd Egyptian diplomat. There's already been a murder and a few attempts on the lives of the main characters including an attempt to shoot down a commercial airliner, and an RPG attack on the back roads of Asian Turkey. The story involves a beautiful archeologist, her 'friend' who is also a mercenary, and an acquaintance of theirs, who is an Israeli Mossad agent. I've got a lot more plans for the story but am afraid it might be beginning to sound redundent. I'm also not sure if I'm inclduing too much 'secondary information' that might be detracting from the story. I do know exactly where I am going and what the mysterious cargo, of the ancient boat that is central to the story, contains. Anyone interested in reading my draft and providing comments will be most welcome. I' okay with harsh critisisim as long as it's constructive.

Little Earthquake
05-01-2009, 11:19 PM
This sounds good! I've just started beta-ing another AW's novel, so I don't have the headspace right now, but if you still need a reader by next weekend, I'm interested.

Hugh Jands
05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll be happy to work with you, if you agree to read my mystery WIP, 45,000 wds, so far.
I'm a newspaper writer and editor. contact me at info@greatdayoutdoors.com.

iwannabepublished
05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks to all of you that have responded to my request for a beta reader. I've already received a critique from one person and am waiting on two others. I've, of course, continued working and am now up to about 53,000 words. For the few of you that have offered to swap WIP - once I receive the two critiques and have had an opportunity to review and incorporate any suggested improvements, I will contact you to swap work.