What's your dream for your writing...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywriter16

New at this!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
So i was thinking the other day we as writers dream to have our work published and then maybe we dream of winning an award... but is that all that you dream about when it comes to your writing?
When I think of my books being on shelves I imagine some devoted mystery thriller reader to come by pick up my book take it home and read it non stop because its just so dang wonderful! I think of them laughing, crying, and leaning in at my words. I envision them putting the book down reluctantly when they have to do something and running back to it when they are done. I see them finishing the book and saying WOW what a great read...
what do you dream?!;)

Reaction score
Winning the Booker Prize...

...which ain't likely given my genre, but you never know.

caitysdad

Registered
Reaction score
to be paid to make this shit up. that's for me.

for the reader, just knowing that they liked and made their day a little brighter.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I think this belongs in the AW Roundtable.

My dream is just to continue writing when I'm old and frail. I hope that I keep my faculties until the day I die...I enjoy losing myself in my writing. That's all I need.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
You know, oddly enough, my dream is more about the story itself (themselves later :) ) than about what happens after that. I do want folks to enjoy it, definitely. But my main goal is to do justice to the idea. I bet it'll seem strange when I get to see lots of reactions to it. I'll try hard not to care if I feel like I did well :)

vrabinec

Dipwad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vrabinec-fred.blogspot.com
My dream includes accepting the Nobel Prize for literature while a Cindy Craford who's been time warped from the past is under the podium giving me a hummer just as my private jet arrives full of weed and rum, destination Monte Carlo.

I ain't quite there yet.

Dirtpoor

Digging it
Registered
Reaction score
I dream of creating a work that will influence my readers to look deeper into their lives and to perhaps do better by the earth. To do this subtly, while entertaining them, and with no hint of preachiness is the tricky bit.

Reaction score
I was about to fall into a boredom-induced coma at all the noble, worthy and spiritual wank being posted in this thread.

Touching people with my writing...affecting their lives...walking into a bookstore and experiencing the simple pleasure of seeing my name on a book cover...

What a load of navel-gazing worthy wank.

Then you came along:
My dream includes accepting the Nobel Prize for literature while a Cindy Craford who's been time warped from the past is under the podium giving me a hummer just as my private jet arrives full of weed and rum, destination Monte Carlo.

I ain't quite there yet.

I love you, man.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To keep producing a fresh story every nine months or so, until I decide enough is enough.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
To write something people enjoy reading enough to buy in droves and write fanfiction about.

And to make a sweet multi-book, multi-film, merchandising deal along with my deathless prose.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I want to walk out and hear a sea of people chanting my name at a book signing. While wearing Dragongar tee shirts. I want to go to cons and have weirdos (yeah, weirdos! - meaning people who are weirder than me) want to stand beside me while dressed as one of my characters and someone takes a picture AND I LOOK LIKE THE NORMAL ONE. I want people to get married dressed like Ylaura and Darik, or Jale and Baerwen.

Why? Because I am a fangirl and I want to breed more of my kind - I want all the dispossessed - bring me your nerds, your fatties, your dweebs and geeks to ask me questions that are impossible to answer because I left something a little under-explained in one of my books....and I will be nice to them - because I am one of them! We are sisters and brothers in Misfitville! And we like going to other worlds because we don't really belong in this one!

I wanna write FOR A LIVING! And I want my unreal estate to mean something to somebody, because I know it's genre trash, and I know I'm no Faulkner and the lit writers will look down on me... and I don't care. I just want a little Victorian house - I mean very little, I want my family to come visit, but not to be so comfortable they STAY. And I don't have to be rich. I just wanna be happy. And writing.

**Sigh. Gasp. Struggle. Flop down on floor. Pass out**
There's nothing to see here people... move along. Move along...

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
My dream, writing long story that becomes heavy book. People would read it. I want to tell my stories. I want to get fans too. :D

kathyc

Registered
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
I would like to write a book that sucks the reader in to where he/she can't put it down.
A book that the reader enjoys to the fullest.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I want the Booker prize too.

Not bloody likely for me either for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I want my books to become standard references, so that they stay in print for a long time, and then, if they go out of print, people brag about the fact that they actually own a copy, and they trade for $500+ per copy on eBay.

ATV0121

Registered
Reaction score
I do think that I write primarily for myself so as to sift through ideas and mostly give me something to focus on, but I'd love very much so to be published a few times and get the ego boost that comes with recognition. If this yielded a situation wherein I could frequently sit over a harbor at a bar and drink rum and interact with people without having to worry about money, I think I'd be a very happy man.

Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Okay for the cheesy part... I want to share the worlds that I have dreamed up since I was a small child with others. I want to write those books that are so good you have to take them to the toilet with you because you can't put them down. I want to write something that connects with my reader in some way, that draws them into the story.

Past that I want to see my writing in movies and fanfic. I want to have other writers want to sudmit their work because they think they can out do me.

I guess in the end I just want to feel fulfilled. That the thing that I love do to and enjoy can actually bring about something positive. To know that I do not have to work my butt off all week for no respect and no pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.