Two Big Things!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
If it were just one, I'd refrain from posting... but TWO! TWO writing accomplishments in one month! Yay, me!

One of my nonfiction pieces was published by PSU's literary magazine, Kalliope, this month. Only 11 nonfiction pieces were selected, out of loads of entries. The "magazine" is actually a beautiful 209 page book. My name looks amazing in print, if I may brag.

And! Tonight, I just found out that a submitted essay won me a BIG liberal arts scholarship for 2009-2010. I am beyond excited about this. It's like getting paid thousands of dollars for writing. The essay was only 498 words. Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal, getting paid 5 bucks a word. Ha! Although, the 3.78 GPA doesn't hurt I suppose. :) One of my very best best friends, who's also an AW member, helped me edit that little beauty into perfection. So, YAY AW! Yay me!

Wine, chocolate, and giggles for everyone!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Woohooo! Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited, mostly about the scholarship... since that's money. :D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'll do the wine and chocolate, but I don't giggle.

Woo Hoo for you. That sounds great.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Fantastic news. :e2cloud9: Doesn't it feel good to be a writer? There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment and recognition.

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd just like to express my disappointment in this thread title. I banged my knee into a coffee table in another thread I was trying to get over here so fast! False advertising is no laughing matter. Srsly.

Oh...and congratulations, Sara. Well done. :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Very cool! I have to wonder why you would think to refrain from posting if only one of the two had happened...

Yeah... I mean, I'm going to post about getting a cat and that isn't a goal or an accomplishment, just a footnote in my single, sad life. HAW

I give you congrats, giggles in spades and a broken wineglass (from salutate-ing so hard in my toast!) CONGRATS

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
This is such neat news.....I am so happy for you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif
smiley-happy096.gif
poze.gif