The Never Ending Story/6 word

Reaction score
Rules of this thread:

#1 All posts must be of one line, no more.
#2 Refer to #1
#3 It must follow the last previous word, in some fashion or other.
#4 Periods are welcome and not so, if you get my drift, other punctuation maybe used if you know what they mean. [posting explantions of punctuations in PMs to me is encouraged!]
#5 Refer to #1
#6 All lines are to be of 6 actual words, no more, no less, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
#7 Refer to #1
#8 You may not post consecutive lines, except in great cases of deep distress, huge delays in other mugs getting here, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
#9 Here endeth the rules, now the fun begins. Refer to #1

It was the night before the

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like a cool idea for a thread, but this forum won't generate enough participants to keep the story going for long.

Have you considered trying the Exercises, Prompts and Games forum?

ETA: It's welcome to stay here, as some have already joined in, but you might have better luck on the other board.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
And with complicated rules. I don't understand numbers two, five, seven and nine, but I have a short attention span.

Reaction score
In 11 minutes we had 6 lines.
I was concerned it was going too fast. When I went to post my second line, I had to edit it as I was out of sync with others.

I have run this, from 3 to 4 words on many forums previously and to now 6 word stories and with cooperation they can last for a very long time. Still, majority rules and this story was ended.

Perhaps someone else will pick a new storyline and begin it elsewhere, as you suggest. I am not familiar with many of the forums here yet, sorry.
I am also sorry for being new and trying such radical things, it was obviously a serious error, I apologise. Maybe the mods will delete it and avoid further embarrassment.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He took out his sucker and

RATS! That's what I hate about these kinds of threads. See above. And, I ain't deleting this.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I am also sorry for being new and trying such radical things, it was obviously a serious error, I apologise. Maybe the mods will delete it and avoid further embarrassment.
The idea isn't that radical for this forum. Similar threads appear from time to time, but they sink out of sight quickly or are moved elsewhere. That's why I mentioned trying your hand in the other forum linked above, where the story will have a better chance to develop.

And please don't feel embarrassed. We're not trying to give you a hard time, just attempting to steer you in the right direction.

Ken Schneider

Absolute sagebrush
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The idea isn't that radical for this forum. Similar threads appear from time to time, but they sink out of sight quickly or are moved elsewhere. That's why I mentioned trying your hand in the other forum linked above, where the story will have a better chance to develop.

And please don't feel embarrassed. We're not trying to give you a hard time, just attempting to steer you in the right direction.

Are too.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
We'll go by my first instinct (which is usually WRONG), and send this one over to another venue that might keep this story moving along.

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
in Spanish. Unfortunately, she couldn't read