CT story on a Christian author NY listens to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesar Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I recommend a feature article at Christianity Today's website on Brett Lott, an avowed evangelical Christian who seems to have broken through to the mainstream reading public. Among the ideas he expresses is one I had mentioned in an earlier thread in this forum -- one both he and I heard from C. S. Lewis:

"I'm a Christian who's a writer," Lott says. "I'm not a Christian writer, so to speak. If people are going to read my books, they're not going to encounter the traditional salvation scene. C.S. Lewis once said that we don't need more books about Christians; we need more books with Christian values built into them. That's what I'm trying to do in my fiction. I'm not trying to write Christian fiction that preaches to the choir. The choir already knows the drill."

The article covers Lott's providential "decision" to begin writing, his thoughts on writing about gritty things in his novels, and similar ideas which have surfaced in this forum.

Until the URL changes, you can find the article here:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/006/28.42.html

Go and be thou edified,

Homesar

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks interesting, Homesar. Thanks for letting us know about it. (I get CT, but hadn't had a chance to read it yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.