PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beta for urban fantasy

CloudyDay
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello all,

I'm an epubbed author trying to improve my craft and break into print. I have written an urban fantasy that I need a critique for. I wanted it to read like a fairy tale. I need someone who can be honest without worrying about hurting any one's feelings.

I can return the favor but I must warn you that I don't have the expertise that most of you possess.

Thank you

cubed
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Could you give a description of the book? Word count, theme, maybe a bit about the plot (not an outline, but something so that looker-ons will know what they're getting into).

CloudyDay
04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Sure Cubed,

It is an 83,000 word dark urban fantasy. Here's a blurb.

Sara Walker loved fairy tales, although she never imagined she would become part of one. As an adult, she spent too much time fantasizing about Prince Charming. It was a nice escape from her awful boyfriend and drunken aunt.

When she meets a mysterious young man at the lake, she never imagined he would be her prince or leave her a dead man as a present. His attentions aren’t the only ones Sara has attracted. She finds monsters outside her door and death on the wind.

Little Earthquake
04-30-2009, 11:47 PM
That sounds sharp. I'm interested. PM me :)

Herman Munster
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
It was a nice escape from her awful boyfriend and drunken aunt.

When she meets a mysterious young man at the lake...

Would Sara be interested in a slightly overweight, middle aged, but spritely sexagenarian who is well under 70, by near 20 years?

You know, is she adventurous as such?
Just asking.. I like long walks by the lake at sunset and outdoor BBQs, have to be beef tho, I am not a porker or lamb freak. Fries are essential, of course! Fish is optional.
<WAVE>

CloudyDay
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Herman Munster,

LOL. You sound like quite a catch but Sara's last beau did leave her dead bodies. It's hard to compete with that. :)

CloudyDay
05-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Just wanted to post that I did get a beta reader and she did an excellent job.