• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta for urban fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyDay

Out of here
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm an epubbed author trying to improve my craft and break into print. I have written an urban fantasy that I need a critique for. I wanted it to read like a fairy tale. I need someone who can be honest without worrying about hurting any one's feelings.

I can return the favor but I must warn you that I don't have the expertise that most of you possess.

Thank you

cubed

Registered
Reaction score
Could you give a description of the book? Word count, theme, maybe a bit about the plot (not an outline, but something so that looker-ons will know what they're getting into).

CloudyDay

Out of here
Registered
Reaction score
Sure Cubed,

It is an 83,000 word dark urban fantasy. Here's a blurb.

Sara Walker loved fairy tales, although she never imagined she would become part of one. As an adult, she spent too much time fantasizing about Prince Charming. It was a nice escape from her awful boyfriend and drunken aunt.

When she meets a mysterious young man at the lake, she never imagined he would be her prince or leave her a dead man as a present. His attentions aren’t the only ones Sara has attracted. She finds monsters outside her door and death on the wind.

Reaction score
Lakes and thingz..

It was a nice escape from her awful boyfriend and drunken aunt.

When she meets a mysterious young man at the lake...

Would Sara be interested in a slightly overweight, middle aged, but spritely sexagenarian who is well under 70, by near 20 years?

You know, is she adventurous as such?
Just asking.. I like long walks by the lake at sunset and outdoor BBQs, have to be beef tho, I am not a porker or lamb freak. Fries are essential, of course! Fish is optional.
<WAVE>

CloudyDay

Out of here
Registered
Reaction score
Herman Munster,

LOL. You sound like quite a catch but Sara's last beau did leave her dead bodies. It's hard to compete with that. :)

CloudyDay

Out of here
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to post that I did get a beta reader and she did an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.