PDA

View Full Version : Beta wanted for YA Romantic Fantasy

Miss Endless
04-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Does anyone know of a trustworthy beta that they can refer, my novel is roughly 80 000 words and is a YA Romantic Fantasy.
I'm very overprotective with my baby, and I don't want to just send it off to the first beta out there who will accept.

coryleslie
05-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi, Miss Endless:

I'm new to AW, but not to critiquing. I have an MA in English and am working on my MFA in Fiction, plus I was editor-in-chief of a literary journal. I have lots of experience reviewing fiction so I'd be glad to read your manuscript. I also have a YA Romantic Fantasy manuscript complete at 103K words. Maybe we could swap?

Take care!

Miss Endless
05-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Coryleslie, unfortunately I am not all that experienced in the critiqueing department, and have no qualifications to speak of, but I can say i have read a more than healthy amount of YA, especially in the areas of Romance and Fantasy.
I would be happy to help you out to the best of my ability, but my super-critique abilities are limited.
So that is a yes in easier terms, as long as you're okay with having a not-so-experienced beta.
Thanks!

Miss Endless
05-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Is the novel in question on your end "Touched"? Because if it is I can't wait to read it, from your query it sounds great!

coryleslie
05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
The novel in question is "Touched." My email is corrinelj at gmail dot com if you want to email me your manuscript. I can get started reading today! I prefer to use comments in Word to edit when we are passing back and forth by email. Feel free to send me a full or partial.
Take care!

Miss Endless
05-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Okay coryleslie, I will sent along the first half either later tonight or tomorrow because I'm just fixing up the beginning right now, as someone pointed out is quite confusing and makes no sense, so as soon as I am finished I wll sent it along.
If you want to send your manuscript or the first half, my e-mail is escaping dot fate dot 27 at hotmail dot com.