You won't believe what the cat dragged in this time

Reaction score
I've posted before about how the neighborhood cats think it's dinner time when I add compost to my compost pile.

We have a problem with the septic tank in my back yard. One of the pipes is semi-clogged and sewage erupts in a small area that as a result is overgrown with luxuriant weeds. I try to remember not to flush condoms because I believe they combine with congealed fat, toothpaste, and wads of toilet paper to form a clot in the pipe. But, there's enough used condoms still in the system that they magically appear here and there near the pipe.

Yesterday, in the front yard, I found a rather large piece of cat scat with something weird-looking in it. I assumed it was bird bone because I saw one of the cats with a dead bird in its mouth the day before.

I took a stick and examined it closer and recognized...a used condom.

I wonder what the cat thinks.

How did it compare to the leading brand of cat food?

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
As this is not writing related, I'm porting it to Office Party (from Writing about Animals/Nature...info for OFG, Silver King and Melina. :) ).

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
My old flatmate was adopted by a stray she called Veg. It used to bring round the neighbours broccoli and cauliflour etc and then meow like it had caught something special.

My old cat used to bring home sandwiches and filled rolls that kids would dump over the bank by our house on their way to school. And those sammies must have put up some fight! Clawed to bits :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I love the fact that you posted this in Writing about Animals/Nature.

I vote this the coolest moved thread ever.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Chewy-chewy-chewy. I had a cat who loved rubber bands. Any time I slipped up and one went missing, I had to examine Frodo's poops to make sure it came out.

Egads! Ever had to pull tinsel out of a cat's butt? I'm tellin ya, you haven't been grossed out until you've done that.

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I've had to do neither, thank God! ._.

You're having me reconsidering getting a pet next year...

Also, I thought condoms were not flushable anyway. I've always just tossed them into the trash.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
My old cat was a rubber band eater, but the worst was when he actually swallowed a threaded needle! I thought my husband was full of bullpoop when he claimed the cat stole and swallowed the needle while hubby was mending a shirt. Sure enough, cat puked it up in a hairball. Thank god he was none the worse for the wear.