The Poison Throne Australian Cover!

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
I could go on for hours about Elise Hurst and how amazing her art is and how much I love the fact that she’s my illustrator for the Australian edition of The Moorehawke Trilogy, but even I didn’t expect anything as incredible as the covers she's produced! Elise has designed all three Moorehawke covers at once so that when they are laid side by side they add up to one big picture! For a detailed and fascinating explanation of the process involved check out her blog here
http://journal.elisehurst.com/?p=399

Meanwhile excuse me for a good long while I sit and stare at the cover and grin like an idiot.

australia.jpg

VOTE FOR THE POISON THRONE IN THE IRISH BOOK AWARDS : http://www.irishbookawards.com/PublicVote.aspx

Last edited:

Swordswoman

Resilient and kind
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Celine, that is just fantastic. You're right, Elise is brilliant, and I don't wonder you're thrilled.

It also says a lot for the books that they've employed someone so fabulous. Are they on sale in the UK yet? I wanna buy them now!

A million congratulations!

:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Really nice. Much success with this. Thanks for sharing.

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Thanks so much guys!

Swordswoman, Elise Hurst is quite simply amazing - I'm chuffed that Allen and Unwin were able to get her for me! I'm making it my life's mission now to hunt down all her work! ( I can't tell you the attention to detail she puts into her illustrations - she was so determined to get everything right, Razi and Christopher's weaponry, Ozkar's tack, Wyn's attitude - just tremendous dedication and professionalism. And she's such a lovely person too!)

The books are due for release in the UK and the States in spring 2010 - Little Brown/Orion are bringing them out ( another incredible team to work with let me tell you!) and, as in all the foreign territories, they're planning four months between volumes which isn't too long a wait :0D

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I like it very much. I'm tired of loud color and sparkles, give me great black and white art that looks like it took talent.

Did you dio these?

ETA: Read the blog, send our Kudos to Ms. Hurst, she did a great job.

Last edited:

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
I love it. But you already knew that, didn't you?

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Thanks so much, guys!

Wayne, I wish I'd done them. She's just amazing isn't she? I can't wait to see the next two - the device of using the half tree on the joining corners is genius!

Mrs Strange! You're home! Hope you're nice and rested now!

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
Thanks so much! Elise H tells me that the next two covers have gone to layout! I can't wait to see them!

Congrats on the award Susan!