Thread killer?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tesseracts.

--eternal now--

It's all about the tesseract. I'm getting closer. I can be in two places at the same time, but they still have to be real close together.
<warp>

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Unique said:
--eternal now--

It's all about the tesseract. I'm getting closer. I can be in two places at the same time, but they still have to be real close together.
<warp>

Being everywhere at all time is 'omnipresence' and that's one attribute...how about omnipotence and omniscience?

I'd settle for winning lotto numbers.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
Being everywhere at all time is 'omnipresence' and that's one attribute...how about omnipotence and omniscience?

Those are a little hard for me, Dawno. How about omnidirectional? I can do that.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some days, yes. You oughta see it. It makes my cats laugh....

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
I'd settle for a nice long uni-positional nap...

Ooooh, that sounds really nice. But when I get home I'll be bugged about dinner and then I'll want to finish reading Pregancy Test by Susan Gable. I may even write in my blog. Prolly won't go to bed till after 11 p.m. (Pacific)

Wasn't there a popular song a few years back about a spinning girl? Seems like I remember my son singing it when he went thru his 'I'm going to be a rock star' phase and I had to buy him an electric guitar, amp, etc. for Christmas. I think he was in middle school so that was actually 5 or 6 years ago. Man, time flies...he's going to be 20 in September.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Short Vacation

robeiae said:
I remember "Roller Girl" by Dire Straits...but I don't think spinning came up in the lyrics. Yes, I'm back and somewhat annoyed. But I'm sure I'll be fine in a little while.

Rob :mad:

Welcome back.

Why are you annoyed? Did I let this get to the bottom of the page?
Sorry.:Smack:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, don't be mad at me! I've posted less than 100 times since you've been gone. I was making a concerted effort to conserve posting :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
Not off topic at all! You're the first person to actually post 'on topic' in a while. The rest of this has been attempts to 'kill' this thread but they keep drifting into conversations :)

Welcome to the thread. Hope your ratio improves.

Hey, thanks. This thread works! I'm down to 7/29 now!

Now, I just have to digest what the rest of you are talking about here :idea:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
rob, hope your vacation was a good one. The song I remember wasn't from Dire Straits. Saritams8, nice to see you back.

I've become a romance novel junkie. Blame it on Susan Gable.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
Hey, thanks. This thread works! I'm down to 7/29 now!

Now, I just have to digest what the rest of you are talking about here :idea:

I'll make it easy for you: we're talking about anything that comes to mind. Sometimes it's deep and philosophical. Sometimes it's Monty Python quotes (although I'm not always sure those aren't deep and philosophical).

I would like to see more of the 'conserving posting helps reduce global warming' topic. Personally I think the more posting we do the less fossil fuel we burn up driving around visiting people.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
I would like to see more of the 'conserving posting helps reduce global warming' topic. Personally I think the more posting we do the less fossil fuel we burn up driving around visiting people.
Just to be contrary: The more posting we do, the longer our monitors stay lit. The longer our monitors stay lit, the more electricity we use. The more electricity we use, the more fossil fuel we burn. The more fossil fuel we burn... well, you get it.

Personally, I think we should all do a lot more sleeping in hammocks. I try to tell my wife it's my patriotic duty. Cutting the lawn just burns fossil fuel. The more fossil fuel we burn...

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Roger J Carlson said:
Just to be contrary: The more posting we do, the longer our monitors stay lit. The longer our monitors stay lit, the more electricity we use. The more electricity we use, the more fossil fuel we burn. The more fossil fuel we burn... well, you get it.

Personally, I think we should all do a lot more sleeping in hammocks. I try to tell my wife it's my patriotic duty. Cutting the lawn just burns fossil fuel. The more fossil fuel we burn...

Come on, my little laptop screen uses very little energy compared to the gallons of gasoline I'd have to burn to go and talk in person to as many people as I can chat with here!

That said, I'm all for the Hammock Plan. I'd buy a tee shirt. "Napping in Hammocks is a Patriotic Duty" something in red, white and blue...I'd vote for the Hammock Plan Party candidate. I'd blog for him or her! Too bad we'd all be too busy napping to actually get a campaign off the ground.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Dawno said:
That said, I'm all for the Hammock Plan. I'd buy a tee shirt. "Napping in Hammocks is a Patriotic Duty" something in red, white and blue...I'd vote for the Hammock Plan Party candidate. I'd blog for him or her! Too bad we'd all be too busy napping to actually get a campaign off the ground.
I'd run, but I'm too dang tired. *yawn*

(You know, the wierdest thing happened. I actually yawned as I typed *yawn*.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Roger J Carlson said:
I'd run, but I'm too dang tired. *yawn*

(You know, the wierdest thing happened. I actually yawned as I typed *yawn*.

It's pretty well a given that if a person yawns it makes another person yawn too. But have you ever had to yawn when your pet yawns? My cat will yawn and I'll end up yawning too.

The word yawn starts to look wrong when you type it so many times.

I need to find a place around here where I can string up a hammock.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, no rob, I can't say I've ever seen anyone wearing a hammock, at least what I consider a hammock to be. Perhaps you have a different hammock in mind?

Tell us about your trip! Where did you go, what did you see. Did the kids say "are we there yet" a million times? Did you take kids? Were they your kids? If it's all to personal, I understand. At least share something memorable about your vacation.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Dawno said:
Uh, no rob, I can't say I've ever seen anyone wearing a hammock, at least what I consider a hammock to be. Perhaps you have a different hammock in mind?

Tell us about your trip! Where did you go, what did you see. Did the kids say "are we there yet" a million times? Did you take kids? Were they your kids? If it's all to personal, I understand. At least share something memorable about your vacation.
Went to Williamsburg with my wife and my two kids...stayed at a Bed 'n' Breakfast, very nice...saw Colonial Williamsburg, tours, shows, etc....the same for Jamestown and Yorktown...kids, however, like the day at Busch Gardens the best (we came home with eight new stuffed animals from the games there). Oh, we also played miniature golf twice and saw Sky High and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. No TV, no computer, no video games all week!! Pretty good for six days, huh!

Rob :)