A BIT premature???

Reaction score
Website
www.eminemsrevenge.org
Rolls%20Royce%20Silver%20Shadow%201%20angle-Large.jpg
When When you've written what you think IS the Great American Novel...should you start windowshopping for this???!!!!
smile.gif

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, ER,

I'd wait awhile, but keep hoping! :banana:

Much good luck and when you get that car, can I have a ride?

Warm regards, Susie:)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Nah.

Nah, it's not premature at all. Never mind window shopping. Go ahead and make a down payment. Don't worry, I'm sure your publisher will come trhough for you.

Reaction score
Website
www.eminemsrevenge.org
Jamesaritchie said:
Nah, it's not premature at all. Never mind window shopping. Go ahead and make a down payment. Don't worry, I'm sure your publisher will come trhough for you.

Without even getting the first rejection slip for my query letter [the following link contains "obscene" material---http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/eminemsrevengea-about129.html ] i'm already starting the sequel:banana:

Should a writer get cocky once they finish a MS???

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
EminemsRevenge said:
When When you've written what you think IS the Great American Novel...should you start windowshopping for this???!!!!
smile.gif

Go right ahead. If your day job pays reasonably well, you could probably afford to go ahead and buy one. I don't know my Rolls models too well, but I know there are some from the '60s or '70s you can pick up for less than a fully loaded new Camry. Still, there are more important things in life than money and status. There is one question you really need to look in the mirror and ask yourself: "Do I really want to go and buy this monument to status, when it means that every month I must put up with those bloody Lucas electronics?"

Owning a British car is not for everyone. On the bright side, a Rolls Royce will probably have its electrical system properly cared for, rather than patched together from a half-melted wiring harness and bits of lamp cord like my Triumph Spitfire. So it will probably not catch fire tbe first time you turn the headlights on, which actually happened to me. Still, it won't hurt to make sure every switch actually does what it ought to do and make sure nobody has let the smoke out.

And congratulations on finishing your first manuscript.