Website
ktcraig.com
NO! I love Bea. How sad. R.I.P. Maude!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. :( How sad. I liked her as an actress a lot. Rest in peace.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
So sad. Her delivery of lines were the tops. I have enjoyed her parts for years. RIP. What an interesting life.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
another class act gone.
I didn't realize until reading the article that she originally was Edith's cousin in "all in the Family' .

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite memory of her is a cameo in Mel Brooks' "History of the World: Part I". She is working the window at the unemployment line in ancient Rome. The two main characters are standing in line forever, and just when they get to the front she puts down her 'closed' shade. They holler and pound on the wall. She lifts the shade just long enough to snarl: "I'm on my wine break".

MM

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite memory of her is a cameo in Mel Brooks' "History of the World: Part I". She is working the window at the unemployment line in ancient Rome. The two main characters are standing in line forever, and just when they get to the front she puts down her 'closed' shade. They holler and pound on the wall. She lifts the shade just long enough to snarl: "I'm on my wine break".

MM

Didn't realize she was in that movie. (she's about a minute or so into the clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPy0...19E17471&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
86 is a good run, and she did so much with her time here. I was fortunate enough to catch the beginning of her second career when she first appeared on All In The Family back in the seventies. I've loved her ever since. She could bring a level of dignity to the most ridiculous things:

One more round in the Star Wars cantina

So long, Bea.

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I love The Golden Girls still and watch them all the time, much to my husband's dismay. Such a shame, even though they were old in the eighties you still are surprised. Two left.