Underage girls want to get into nightclubs

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to know whether three unaccompanied underage girls around 16-17 yo will be admitted into decent nightclubs (not some creepy bars/joints, may be somewhere like Cameo?) in Miami circa 1999.

These girls are dressed very casually. Sweatshirts, jeans, not much make up, and they don't particularly look beyond their ages. They don't carry faked or borrowed IDs.

I know the current drinking age in Florida is 21. But can (could) they get inside at least?

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to know whether three unaccompanied underage girls around 16-17 yo will be admitted into decent nightclubs (not some creepy bars/joints, may be somewhere like Cameo?) in Miami circa 1999.

These girls are dressed very casually. Sweatshirts, jeans, not much make up, and they don't particularly look beyond their ages. They don't carry faked or borrowed IDs.

I know the current drinking age in Florida is 21. But can (could) they get inside at least?

In my experience, dressed casually and without makeup, and without fake IDs, no.

Now, if it were part of restaurant or hotel, they might be able to get close, but not in the bar/club area.

~suki

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
In my experience, dressed casually and without makeup, and without fake IDs, no.

Now, if it were part of restaurant or hotel, they might be able to get close, but not in the bar/club area.

~suki

Thank you for the quick response :)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
No. The late nineties is when the stringent third party liability laws went into effect across the country. No bartender, bouncer or manager would risk admitted an underage drinker if they would be held liable financially and with jail time if that kid ended up in a wreck on the way home.

Little Earthquake

I'm melting!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
smoochagator.com
These girls MIGHT get in if they were dressed up & really sexy, if they were with a group of older guys/girls, OR if one of the underage girls knew the bouncer. But as you've described the scene? Definitely not.

GordonK

Registered
Reaction score
No. The late nineties is when the stringent third party liability laws went into effect across the country. No bartender, bouncer or manager would risk admitted an underage drinker if they would be held liable financially and with jail time if that kid ended up in a wreck on the way home.

Thank you for the info. This helps in establishing different scenarios.

These girls MIGHT get in if they were dressed up & really sexy, if they were with a group of older guys/girls, OR if one of the underage girls knew the bouncer. But as you've described the scene? Definitely not.

Thank you for the info. I also felt they can't, but I need reliable source/experience.

The way they're dressed and made up would keep them out, even if they were over 21.

LOL. Yeah that's also true. I guess it depends on which club but generally tough in Miami. Thanks.