PDA

View Full Version : The Quest is on!

ShowerInspiration
04-25-2009, 06:23 AM
For the biggest Star Wars Nerd. Fan.

I have all the starwars videos in DVD and VHS
I have about 75 Star Wars Action figures (not dolls)
I constantly quote master Yoda
I can play the Star Wars theme with my eyes closed
I am saving up for a lightsaber and a robe just like the Emperors.

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 12:46 PM
For the biggest Star Wars Nerd. Fan.

I have all the starwars videos in DVD and VHS
I have about 75 Star Wars Action figures (not dolls)
I constantly quote master Yoda
I can play the Star Wars theme with my eyes closed
I am saving up for a lightsaber and a robe just like the Emperors.

Win you want? Don't say, do.

thethinker42
04-25-2009, 12:50 PM
One of my husband's friends has about 95% of the *original* action figures and other toys, all in their original packaging. He also has a Storm Trooper costume (one of the good ones). Owns all of the movies on DVD and VHS.

When he retired from the Navy? Darth Vader, a Tye (sp?) Pilot, and a Storm Trooper showed up.

Epic nerdwin.

Oh...and just for the hell of it, I'll add that I walked down the aisle to "The Imperial Death March" from "Empire Strikes Back" when I got married...a full 3 years before my husband became a Star Wars nerd.

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Any pics of the husband in the storm trooper outfit, I mean just to verify that this is a true story.

yeah, yeah that's it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Ah, young Padawan... you should have been at last year's movie memorabilia auction my boss had here in - of all places - Okieland. A well-known collector passed away and we had tons of stuff from just about every genre... but lots and lots of Star Wars and Star Trek. We had several lightsabers - one of them double-headed like Darth Maul's. A life-size Watto. Action figures. Signed photos. Original posters.

I wanted that double-headed lightsaber... :D

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I wanted that double-headed lightsaber... :D

[censored]

thethinker42
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Any pics of the husband in the storm trooper outfit, I mean just to verify that this is a true story.

yeah, yeah that's it.

Those pics are MINE. ;)

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 01:55 PM
"Begins a discover motion"

thethinker42
04-25-2009, 01:56 PM
"Begins a discover motion"

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me. My mind is protected by a forcefield of filth.

Who said it didn't pay to have a dirty mind? :D

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
"begins a freedom of information motion"

ShowerInspiration
04-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I feel so belittled... I thought I was the biggest SW nerd anywhere but I see I have to go reclaim my title.... "Set coordinates to Ebay and prepare for jump"

thethinker42
04-25-2009, 02:32 PM
"begins a freedom of information motion"

My information is free on a need-to-know basis.

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
My information is free on a need-to-know basis.

Are you Dick Cheney in RL?

thethinker42
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Are you Dick Cheney in RL?

*waves hand*

I am not the droid you are looking for. Move along.

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
"Remembers the Patriot act and moves along"

Manix
04-25-2009, 04:36 PM
You'll LOVE this! Watch it!! And may the force be with you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8kOYvwVng&feature=PlayList&p=268929699A579902&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-25-2009, 04:37 PM
I feel so belittled... I thought I was the biggest SW nerd anywhere but I see I have to go reclaim my title.... "Set coordinates to Ebay and prepare for jump"

Some of us are just older and we've had longer to collect and contemplate. I was old enough in '77 for non-nerds to make fun of when I saw A New Hope for the first time on the big screen... you know, back in the Old Days when 'special effects' weren't CGI.

You have much to do, Grasshopper; and much money to spend, before you may join the rank of MegaNerd.

Manix
04-25-2009, 04:40 PM
One of my husband's friends has about 95% of the *original* action figures and other toys, all in their original packaging. He also has a Storm Trooper costume (one of the good ones). Owns all of the movies on DVD and VHS.

When he retired from the Navy? Darth Vader, a Tye (sp?) Pilot, and a Storm Trooper showed up.

Epic nerdwin.

Oh...and just for the hell of it, I'll add that I walked down the aisle to "The Imperial Death March" from "Empire Strikes Back" when I got married...a full 3 years before my husband became a Star Wars nerd.

Love triumphs all, for sure!

Wayne K
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
What is Star Wars anyway?

Is it like celebrity apprentice?

Shail
04-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Don't throw tomatoes until the end of my statement please. Train of thought tends to derail.

I don't own action figures, posters, soundtracks or anything, except an original set of the trilogy. You know, the one where Han shot first and Hayden isn't Anakin at the end of 'Jedi'. That being said, I've read about 90% of the Bantam novels, and some of the Del Ray stuff. After I finish with the novels I'm starting on the comic strips.

Don't kick me in the face or head. It was a dare, and I accepted. I can't back down. But I hated everything from Vector Prime onward in chronology. :Soapbox:

Okay. I know. I'm a dork. You can throw tomatoes now.

Williebee
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I am not the nerd you seek.