PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Re-runs!!! Sitcoms you are just now catching up on.

dgiharris
04-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I was never into Scrubs when it came out. Even though the episodes made me laugh, I never got into them.
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/dgiharris/Scrubs_300x300.jpg
Now, they are all over the place via re-runs and I'm in Scrub Heaven.

The writing for that show is nothing short of spectacular, easily on parr with the Simpsons.

Their ability to combine Comedy with Drama is almost unparelleled. The more I watch, the more I am in aww, and I'm so glad that are on the re-run circuit.

How about you?

What shows are you catching up on?

What is worth catching up on?

Mel...

James81
04-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm just ga-ga for The Office now. I have all the DVDs now and I'm dying for the Season 5 to end and come out so that I can be officially caught up and start watching it regularly.

I haven't been this freaky for a TV show since Friends, and I caught up on that late too and went through the same type of thing (buying all the DVDs to catch up). and the funny thing is, now I can't even hardly stand to watch Friends anymore.

And this one is my shameful admission, but when I was first married, my ex (then my wife) was really into the show Felicity and I got hooked on that one too.

This one's an old one, but I keep praying to the gods that the music industry will quit being bitches and let them put The Wonder Years out on DVD.

ChunkyC
04-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Cripes, I'm just getting caught up on Seinfeld. :)

nevada
04-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Not a sitcom but I just watched all 6 and a half seasons of 24 in three weeks. Yes, I'm unemployed.

I thought i'd do the same for something else, like The Wire, but I lasted about ten minutes with that show. So now I'm back to writing more. curses! lol

Millicent M'Lady
04-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Third Rock from the Sun is still funny all these years later.

Grrarrgh
04-25-2009, 02:56 AM
They're not sitcoms, but I'm just now watching The Wire and Friday Night Lights. They're both excellent. Scrubs is on my list of shows that I'd like to watch at some point.

P.H.Delarran
04-25-2009, 03:07 AM
This one's an old one, but I keep praying to the gods that the music industry will quit being bitches and let them put The Wonder Years out on DVD. oh me too!
That 70's Show is my catch-up sitcom this year.

and a not a sitcom, but just this year I've caught up on several seasons of NCIS.
thank goodness for marathons.

Ken
04-25-2009, 03:11 AM
... the Dick Van Dyke show!

P.H.Delarran
04-25-2009, 03:17 AM
... the Dick Van Dyke show!
haha!
for a while they were faithfully showing the old I Love Lucy shows at 10 pm every weeknight. my oldest daughter and I watched them faithfully. I don't see it listed any more.

Ken
04-25-2009, 03:23 AM
... they often have Lucy marathons on holidays (Christmas I think) along with Honeymooner ones too. So get yer VCR ready ;-) Will let you know if I see it in the listings anywhere.

P.H.Delarran
04-25-2009, 03:25 AM
even tho Gleason was pretty funny, the Honeymooners was rather annoying to me. but I wouldn't mind catching a few episodes of Rhoda, or the Mary Tyler Moore Show, or...Bob Newhart.

geez I'm a little outdated 'eh?

Ken
04-25-2009, 03:27 AM
... me too ;-)
(Classic shows you listed!)

dgiharris
04-26-2009, 05:25 AM
... they often have Lucy marathons on holidays (Christmas I think) along with Honeymooner ones too. So get yer VCR ready ;-) Will let you know if I see it in the listings anywhere.

My favorite old school marathon is the Twilight Zone.

Love those episodes.

And I don't mind the occasional I Love Lucy. Her episodes still hold up to this very day. Comic Genius

Mel...