PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

Silver King
04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
The first round is heating up for some matches, while others are already finished.

The Bruins spanked the Habs in four games, as did the Canucks in their contest against St. Louis. The Wings are also poised to sweep the Blue Jackets, which isn't at all surprising. And the Penguins will continue to make swift work of the Flyers.

The rest of the series are still up for grabs, but the one that draws my attention the most now is New York and Washington. I thought for sure the Caps would cream the Rangers, but they find themselves just one game away from elimination with three more to play. And I think New York will pull off the upset and make it to the second round. They're not my favorite team or anything, but I have a tendency to pull for the underdog.

Any other prognosticators out there who'd like to weigh in on the current state of the hockey playoffs?

mscelina
04-24-2009, 02:50 AM
The Blue Jackets suck. That is all.

Well, okay not entirely all. It's annoying in the extreme to watch the Jackets lose in the power plays every single time to the Red Wings--but no unexpected. After all, it's their first playoff experience and they not only have the worst power play percentage in the NHL but the worst power play defense. Still, as soon as they lose the series, my first-ever interest in the Stanley Cup will evaporate.

Bubastes
04-24-2009, 03:12 AM
My hockey-nut friend is hoping that San Jose gets too cocky and loses the series. Not sure if that's going to happen, though. We'll see what happens at tonight's game.

Silver King
04-24-2009, 04:22 AM
The Blue Jackets suck. That is all.

...they not only have the worst power play percentage in the NHL but the worst power play defense...
Were they the worst in the league before the playoffs? I haven't followed them this season, but if that's the case, it's amazing they made the post season without at least one solid unit on power plays.

mscelina
04-24-2009, 04:25 AM
That's what I understand. That's why it was so amazing that they made it to the playoffs because so many elements had to fall into place for it to happen.

*tackle hugs Dino*

whoops. my bad. I slipped.

:D

DeborahM
04-24-2009, 04:34 AM
We're watching it here and there. Dallas was crippled with injuries and some bad playing this year. Oh, well, maybe next year!?

I think the Red Wings will come through again. They are tough.

Hi SK! How ya doin bud?

Silver King
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi SK! How ya doin bud?
Deb, where the heck have you been? Long time no see, my friend.

Had I known a hockey thread would bring you out of the woodwork, I would've started one way before now. :)

DeborahM
04-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Deb, where the heck have you been? Long time no see, my friend.

Had I known a hockey thread would bring you out of the woodwork, I would've started one way before now. :)

I've been lurking. Doing great! How about you and family? Busy, you know with life stuff.

Yeah, Dennis got me into hocky big time. He's even taken me to some Stars games!

Silver King
04-24-2009, 05:20 AM
...How about you and family?
In keeping with the theme of this thread, I've been crossed-checked a few times, scored some goals, was lured into a fist fight, skated more shifts than is healthy for a man my age, was slashed and nicked and bruised, tried to inspire my teammates through countless ordeals, yet above all came out the other side in one piece, with my head still on straight, so far...

DeborahM
04-24-2009, 05:22 AM
In keeping with the theme of this thread, I've been crossed-checked a few times, scored some goals, was lured into a fist fight, skated more shifts than is healthy for a man my age, was slashed and nicked and bruised, tried to inspire my teammates through countless ordeals, yet above all came out the other side in one piece, with my head still on straight, so far...

Well, watch out for the high stick! Take care U!

Chumplet
04-24-2009, 06:21 AM
I split a friend's lip with a slap shot once. He couldn't play the French horn for three weeks afterward.

I'm sad my Habs are out, but I still root for the other two Canadian teams.

I'm not sure whether to root for NY or the Caps. I think I lean toward NY in spite of Avery, even though I admire Ovechkin's love for the game.

Philly and Penguins? Always hated Philly since the Broad Street Bully days.

Sharks and Ducks? Ducks, I guess. I can't get that damn movie out of my head. Besides, my most favourite player Steve Thomas played for the Ducks.

Carolina and Jersey? Don't care. If I had to pick, I'd pick Carolina because the Jersey Trap drives me crazy.

Silver King
05-01-2009, 01:23 AM
A little recap for this thread:

The Rangers didn't pull through against the Capitals as I had hoped and blew a two game series lead to lose in seven. So now I have a new underdog to root for, the Carolina Hurricanes, who beat the Devils and are now going up against Boston.

Speaking of underdogs, in the West, the eighth seeded team, the Anaheim Ducks, pounded the first seeded San Jose Sharks. That makes those Ducks my second favorite least likely team to win the Cup. :)

The second round of the playoffs starts tonight!

Chumplet
05-01-2009, 01:44 AM
The only Canadian team left in the mix are the Canucks, so I have to root for them in the west against Chicago. I think Sundin was a dink for stringing the Leafs along, but they still have ex-Leaf Kyle Wellwood, a great little worker with a cute baby face.

Between the Ducks and Detroit... well, the only wings that should flap to the next round are duck wings.

I like both the Penguins and Caps, so I'll have to choose between their stars. Ovechkin might rub a few people the wrong way with his showboating, but I admire his sheer joy and enthusiasm. Sid the Kid has a long career ahead of him. He has a lot of skill, but something's missing. Ah, it's like trying to compare The Rocket and Jean Beliveau. I choose Ovie.

I still hate Boston for knocking out my Habs, so I'll have to root for the 'Canes. Besides, they have the same name as my local Newmarket Hurricanes.

Break out the beer and chips. It's time for round twoooooo!

Bubastes
05-01-2009, 02:36 AM
No love for the Red Wings? Anyone?

Chumplet
05-01-2009, 07:15 AM
The Wings had their run. It's someone else's turn.

Did anyone see Wellwood take the stick in the mouth? While he sat on the bench with a bleeding lip, he reached into his mouth and pulled out a tooth, handing it to the trainer. Then he got back on the ice.

robeiae
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
And proceeded to get high-sticked, again.

robeiae
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm pulling for them. Kinda.

But they're in for it in this round, imo. I won't be unhappy if they lose to the Ducks.

Haggis
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Here I am to save the day....

The Wings had their run. It's someone else's turn.

::fail

I'm pulling for them. Kinda.

But they're in for it in this round, imo. I won't be unhappy if they lose to the Ducks.

Great first game, though I didn't get to see most of it. Anyone get the feeling this is going to be a very physical series?

robeiae
05-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Great first game, though I didn't get to see most of it. Anyone get the feeling this is going to be a very physical series?
I recorded it on the DVR, then watched it all after the kids went to bed. I watched it at 1.5 times speed. Awesome. Seriously.

But what I learned--or rather had confirmed--in this game is that the Ducks top line is the best line in the game, the Ducks goalie is better than Osgood (but not by much) and Neidermayer (Scott) can pretty much go anywhere on the ice that he chooses, and the Wings can't stop him.

Still, the Wings are supreme at forechecking. And I agree: "very physical" will be the way this series is described.

KTC
05-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I don't wanna talk about it. )-;

Haggis
05-03-2009, 01:29 AM
I recorded it on the DVR, then watched it all after the kids went to bed. I watched it at 1.5 times speed. Awesome. Seriously.

But what I learned--or rather had confirmed--in this game is that the Ducks top line is the best line in the game, the Ducks goalie is better than Osgood (but not by much) and Neidermayer (Scott) can pretty much go anywhere on the ice that he chooses, and the Wings can't stop him.

Still, the Wings are supreme at forechecking. And I agree: "very physical" will be the way this series is described.

I saw "the hit" on Utube, but in no way can I tell if it was clean or dirty. Any thoughts?

robeiae
05-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I saw "the hit" on Utube, but in no way can I tell if it was clean or dirty. Any thoughts?
I think the Ducks guy thought the Wings guy would hold the puck and turn in to him. The Ducks guy--imo--thought he had him lined up for a monster hit, but a clean hit. Still, the penalty was the right call, imo.

Haggis
05-03-2009, 01:48 AM
I think the Ducks guy thought the Wings guy would hold the puck and turn in to him. The Ducks guy--imo--thought he had him lined up for a monster hit, but a clean hit. Still, the penalty was the right call, imo.

No suspension, so apparently the league agrees with you. I simply could not tell from the video. No question that it was a monster hit. I think a whole lot of hockey is going to break out in this series. I'm looking forward to it.

Haggis
05-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Watching game 2, Ducks vs. Wings. They're in the second overtime as I type this. What a freaking awesome game.

My Dawg, I love playoff hockey.

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Hee. I just tuned in to watch poker, but this is much better. Go DUCKS!!!

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:06 AM
Oooo, ice maintenance. :popcorn:

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:11 AM
And it don't mean nothin' that the Wings are outshooting the Ducks 2 to 1. Quality over quantity, baby!

Haggis
05-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Hee. I just tuned in to watch poker, but this is much better. Go DUCKS!!!

Oooo, ice maintenance. :popcorn:

And it don't mean nothin' that the Wings are outshooting the Ducks 2 to 1. Quality over quantity, baby!

:e2teeth:

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:22 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/4.gif

And we're into 3rd overtime! Yeesh. What's the record?

Haggis
05-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Heading into 3rd OT.

Kiss the octopus, CP. :D

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_15883_2.jpg

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry, I'm more of a squid gal. :D

(And I'm ticked my favorite smilie site had only one (1) flippin' hockey smilie. Pages of football and soccer, but only one hockey smilie. Time to go Googling....)

ETA: Ha! This is more like it. http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p165/lucinka58/fight1.gif

robeiae
05-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Haggis, I'm seeing this as almost do or die for the Wings. The Ducks have handled everything the Wings can throw at them. A soft goal and a fluke goal kept in this one, but they need to win. They'll be hard-pressed to win in Anaheim, I think, if they let this one get away.

And Pronger...the guy isn't human. What's he got now? An hour+ of ice time?

CaoPaux
05-04-2009, 02:40 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"A cluster of Ducks in the corner to celebrate." *snerk* Mind, meet gutter.

Haggis
05-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Well played, Ducks. Congrats Duck fans.

Haggis, I'm seeing this as almost do or die for the Wings. The Ducks have handled everything the Wings can throw at them. A soft goal and a fluke goal kept in this one, but they need to win. They'll be hard-pressed to win in Anaheim, I think, if they let this one get away.

And Pronger...the guy isn't human. What's he got now? An hour+ of ice time?

Soft goals and fluke goals and rebound goals are the nature of hockey. I'm hardly ready to give up on the Wings when the series is tied. I mean, after all, I am a homer.

Anaheim's a damn good team. One of the teams has to win three more games. There's lots of playoff hockey left. And even though this one hurt in the end, it was one hell of a game to watch.

Bubastes
05-04-2009, 03:06 AM
And now it's a series! Great game, Ducks!

robeiae
05-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Soft goals and fluke goals and rebound goals are the nature of hockey. I'm hardly ready to give up on the Wings when the series is tied. I mean, after all, I am a homer.Oh, I know they're a part of hockey, and you shouldn't give up.

I'm still pulling for the Wings, too. Kinda. ;)

And I'd prefer a seven-game series, actually. But I'm just looking at what's happening here and what happened with San Jose.

Anaheim's a damn good team. One of the teams has to win three more games. There's lots of playoff hockey left. And even though this one hurt in the end, it was one hell of a game to watch.
That it was.

And, as a side note, the only thing I like better than a good series where I'll be happy no matter who wins, is that plus Chris Chelios taking the ice...

Haggis
05-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Chelios. Heh. I hear they're putting skates on his walker for next year.

Haggis
05-13-2009, 07:42 PM
And I'd prefer a seven-game series, actually. But I'm just looking at what's happening here and what happened with San Jose.

Well, you got your wish.

Edge to the Wings, since they're playing at home.

robeiae
05-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Haggis!

Great f***ing series. Just great. I fear the rest of the playoffs won't measure up.

Chumplet
05-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Okay, next! Boston or Carolina?

Personally, between Detroit and Chicago, I'll go for Chi-Town. They haven't won lately, right?

Haggis
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Haggis!

Great f***ing series. Just great. I fear the rest of the playoffs won't measure up.

Still shaking. I feel like I just watched the finals.

robeiae
05-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Bah. Blackhawks are done. What an awful performance--coupled with an awesome effort by the Wings, who were missing some BIG pieces.

Wings-Pens.

Bets on that one?

I say Wings in six.

Haggis
05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Bah. Blackhawks are done. What an awful performance--coupled with an awesome effort by the Wings, who were missing some BIG pieces.

Wings-Pens.

Bets on that one?

I say Wings in six.

In fairness to the Hawks, they were missing a pretty big piece--Khabibulin. Without him, they're toast. And it sounds like a groin injury, so he's not likely to return.

Actually, with him, they're toast too. Their kids lost their heads today. Lots and lots of stupid penalties. You can't do that in the playoffs. Hopefully for the Chicago fans, they'll learn from this.

robeiae
05-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, a couple of the goals were a tad soft, but the Hawks were standing still for most of the game--when they weren't taking dumb penalties--and pretty much let the Wings set up every time down the ice, power play or no.

I was very disappointed in the their effort. They started slow and finished at a dead stop.

Haggis
05-25-2009, 05:38 AM
It did look like they've given up.

melaniehoo
05-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Personally, I don't think the Blackhawks deserve to BE in the playoffs if that's how they play hockey. 56 minutes of penalties? I don't care if they were missing their goalie, the Wings were missing Datsyuk, Lindstrom, and Draper. You didn't see the Wings crying over that.

I love that the more frustrated Chicago got, the calmer the Wings seemed to play. It's really too bad that a couple immature brats ruined it for the rest of the team.

Bubastes
05-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Whoa, what a game!

Haggis
05-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Haggis
05-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Smack a Penguin. (http://www.freep.com/article/20090527/MULTI/90527096/Smack+a+Penguin+after+Wings++win) :D

melaniehoo
05-28-2009, 05:34 PM
:banana:

Chumplet
05-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Decisions, decisions. I say Penguins even if they're practicully chickens.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/Chumplet/bugs-n-penguin.jpg

Shadow_Ferret
05-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow. When did hockey get off strike? Have they got a TV contract yet? I'd really like to watch this stuff, but I didn't even realize the playoffs were on.

Go Penguins!

Go Redwings!

Sorry, I like both teams. :)

Haggis
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Wow. When did hockey get off strike? Have they got a TV contract yet? I'd really like to watch this stuff, but I didn't even realize the playoffs were on.

Go Penguins!

Go Redwings!

Sorry, I like both teams. :)

Fixed it for ya. :D

robeiae
05-29-2009, 03:22 AM
It's the same basic matchup the Wings had with the Ducks. The Penguins have the best line in the game. But the Wings have the depth and the forechecking.

But the difference is goaltending. Bigger edge to the Wings.

Wings in six. Again.

Haggis
05-29-2009, 04:11 AM
It's the same basic matchup the Wings had with the Ducks. The Penguins have the best line in the game. But the Wings have the depth and the forechecking.

Wings in six. Again.

If the Wings get a couple of their big guys back I'm with you. If not, and barring any more injuries to either side, it could go to seven.

melaniehoo
05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
It figures the Pens coach is from my hometown. At least if the Wings lose Stanley might still visit my parents. :tongue

I say Wings in six.

Haggis
06-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Two down, two to go. :D

regdog
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Penguins don't come from Pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTqC2T6q4E)

Go Wings

melaniehoo
06-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Go Wings!!!

robeiae
06-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Wings in six. Again.
Think I'll stand by this.

Shadow_Ferret
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow! I actually saw a game! They do put the NHL on TV. I think I was more amazed at that then anything.

Unfortunately, the evil Redwings won.

Haggis
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow! I actually saw a game! They do put the NHL on TV. I think I was more amazed at that then anything.

Unfortunately, the evil Redwings won.

*sigh*

The ferret is now dead to me.

melaniehoo
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
*adjusts wingnut hat*

regdog
06-03-2009, 01:07 AM
*sigh*

The ferret is now dead to me.

Still have any of the tee-shirts from the last time he died?

Haggis
06-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Still have any of the tee-shirts from the last time he died?

:ROFL:

Silver King
06-03-2009, 02:10 AM
The Wings are simply too damn good for the Pens, dominating them in nearly every facet of the game that matters. I'd be surprised if they lose more than a game or two.

melaniehoo
06-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I have a feeling we could go down tonight. The Pens didn't make it to the Finals to get swept. Of course that doesn't mean I WANT that. Oh no.

Let's go Wings!

poetinahat
06-03-2009, 02:54 AM
*adjusts wingnut hat*

Man, those would be waaaay better than those big styrofoam cowboy hats. Like Mouseketeer hats for the P&CE set. *chuckle*

fricken Cavs.

Haggis
06-03-2009, 05:02 AM
2-2 end of the first period.

Haggis
06-03-2009, 05:47 AM
2-2 end of the second period.

I fixed updated it.

Chumplet
06-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Penguins don't come from Pittsburgh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTqC2T6q4E)

Go Wings

Everyone knows they come from Hoboken.

Chumplet
06-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Heh, heh, heh... 3-2 Pens. About time, Gonchar.

Haggis
06-03-2009, 06:19 AM
3-2 Pens.

Chumplet
06-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Helm got knocked down and got up again, like a Weeble. They wobble but they don't fall down.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Heh, heh, heh... 3-2 Pens. About time, Gonchar.

YAY!

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
ooh. Hit the post! Almost 4.

Writer2011
06-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Well since I like the Carolina Hurricanes (2006 Stanely Cup Champions--I have the picture of me and Lord Stanley) I had rather see the Red Wings win but that's just me!!!

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:33 AM
4-2 OPEN NETTER! HAHA

Writer2011
06-03-2009, 06:37 AM
I didn't even know it was on until I found this thread...I thoght it was going to be on NBC. Just goes to show that Hockey isn't nearly as important as a bunch of overgrown, overpaid children running up and down the court for forty-eight minutes...oh well.

Haggis
06-03-2009, 06:38 AM
And it's Pittsburgh 4 - 2 with an empty netter.

YAY!

Joining the ferret, KTC is now dead to me too.

KTC
06-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Ooh. I'm dead to a spazoid dog. That hurts.

Haggis
06-03-2009, 06:42 AM
As well it should.

melaniehoo
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Man, those would be waaaay better than those big styrofoam cowboy hats. Like Mouseketeer hats for the P&CE set. *chuckle*

fricken Cavs.

Lookie (http://www.sports-gallery.com/product_details.php?products_id=1026&osCsid=00d9905512517e1d5c6e86025f559cb7)! I want!

Haggis
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Lookie (http://www.sports-gallery.com/product_details.php?products_id=1026&osCsid=00d9905512517e1d5c6e86025f559cb7)! I want!

Shiny.

melaniehoo
06-05-2009, 06:33 PM
...aaaaaaand we're tied up.

Haggis
06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
First three games could have gone either way. The Pens dominated game 4. Their last goal was a thing of beauty--the kind of goal the Wings used to score. :(

melaniehoo
06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
They just looked tired. I'm not pinning all our hopes on Datsyuk, but I really hope he can play on Saturday.

eta: And I agree -- they had a couple beautiful goals.

robeiae
06-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Relax. The Pens won't take three straight. The Wings will be up three to two, then the Pens goalie will falter in game six.

Wings in six.

Bubastes
06-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Whoa, who flipped the "on" switch?

Haggis
06-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, game five is going swimmingly. If you're a Wings fan. :D

Of course, it's not over. Lots of time left. But 4 zip is hard to overcome.

Bubastes
06-07-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm still scratching my head. It's like I'm watching a completely different team from Game 4. What the heck happened (besides being back in Detroit)?

Haggis
06-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Dunno, but I'm not gonna question anything right about now.

5 zip. :D

Magdalen
06-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Well, game five is going swimmingly. If you're a Wings fan. :D

Of course, it's not over. Lots of time left. But 4 zip is hard to overcome.

5 zip is even tougher!!!

Oops, I see the chihuahua has beat me to it.

Haggis
06-07-2009, 05:44 AM
5 zip is even tougher!!!

Oops, I see the chihuahua has beat me to it.

robeiae
06-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I read a column--on ESPN, I think--that pointed out a problem for the Pens: they have no answer for Franzen and Hossa. Those guys punish the Pens' defensemen, up and down the ice.

If you look back at the Anaheim series, the Ducks pushed the Wings to the limit because they had that answer, I think: Pronger.

If I were Pens management, I'd be after Boumeester like nobody's business.

Haggis
06-07-2009, 06:47 PM
I wonder how much of a difference Datsyuk made last night? They said he wasn't 100%, but he looked pretty damn good to me. But what was with all those Pen's penalties? They shot themselves in the foot.

BTW, Don Cherry says it's a seven game series. We'll see.

Oh, and Pronger is a freaking unreal animal.

melaniehoo
06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Well Datsyuk had two assists, and even his first shift rocked. And he was hitting... all good things. One thing I heard the announcers say is that after game 4 Detroit said that they needed to do everything faster, especially shoot. I could tell a big difference, and I think that's how so many shots went it. They didn't give Pittsburgh time to set up like they did in games 3 & 4.

So fun to watch. :D

Ms. Jem
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Wings in six.

Definitely. The Wings are not going to let this slip away from them. They are too good under pressure, workhorses.

melaniehoo
06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I cannot WAIT for tonight!!

KTC
06-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Pens 1 - Wings 0

YES! YES! YES!

KTC
06-10-2009, 05:09 AM
BTW, Don Cherry says it's a seven game series. We'll see.

So you do see Don Cherry down there in the States. I didn't know if it was just on CBC or not???

I just started a thread on Grapes.

Oh, and yes...I believe Grapes is RIGHT.

melaniehoo
06-10-2009, 05:51 AM
We still have a whole great big period left.

KTC
06-10-2009, 05:52 AM
We still have a whole great big period left.

That's what she said.

KTC
06-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Pens 2 - Wings 0

Yes. Yes. Yes.

KTC
06-10-2009, 06:12 AM
DAMN!

Pens 2 - Wings 1

melaniehoo
06-10-2009, 06:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

*falls over*

KTC
06-10-2009, 06:45 AM
OVER IN 7.

Haggis
06-10-2009, 07:26 AM
So you do see Don Cherry down there in the States. I didn't know if it was just on CBC or not???

CBC gets picked up in the Detroit market. I always watch CBC whenever I watch a game at home. Watched it when I lived in Buffalo too.

Well, everybody loves a game seven, right? Great game tonight, though, eh?

Chumplet
06-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I loves me some game 7. I'm a big fan of Cherry, but he's beginning to repeat himself. I met Ron at a local Chamber of Commerce luncheon and he's a riot. I think he uses his speaking engagements as an outlet to keep himself from murdering Don.

It helps that they go out for a few 'pops' after the game!

melaniehoo
06-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, everybody loves a game seven, right? Great game tonight, though, eh?

Definitely.

jst5150
06-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Erm, no. I like game 4, when we've swept someone. Alas, these Penguins are pesky.

Goes back to Hockeytown. I predict a 4-2 win. And I may actually get to see the thing.

melaniehoo
06-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I should clarify. My definitely was to Haggis'ss'es's second question. I hate game 7's.

robeiae
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Bleh. If it hadn't been for the uber-hot bartender serving me drinks, last night would have been a total waste.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 04:52 AM
This had better not be triple overtime 0-0.

KTC
06-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Pens are smokin'.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Cherry's suit is in fine form tonight. I wonder what davenport he shot to get that one?

KTC
06-13-2009, 04:56 AM
lol. pink is the new pink.

Bubastes
06-13-2009, 04:58 AM
I will not bite my nails. I will not bite my nails. I will not bite my nails.

KTC
06-13-2009, 04:59 AM
i will

KTC
06-13-2009, 05:08 AM
YES YES YES!

Pens 1 - Wings 0

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Pittsburg scores!

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 05:12 AM
I missed it. I was mixing a drinkipoo.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Holy interference, Batman!

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah!!!! Do it for the Kid!

KTC
06-13-2009, 05:51 AM
I missed it. I was mixing a drinkipoo.

drinkipoo. You're weird. I like you...but you're weird.

kevin, sipping his martinipoo.

KTC
06-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah!!!! Do it for the Kid!

DAMN, YES! Poor boy!

That cup is going to Nova Scotia. (-;

KTC
06-13-2009, 05:53 AM
oops. did i say nova scotia? my bad.

KTC
06-13-2009, 06:02 AM
he's back on the ice!

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:19 AM
I can't lip read. What did he say to the coach?

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Awwww, crap.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:30 AM
T-minus two minutes and he hits the crossbar.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Fleury gives the crossbar a little 'thank you' pat.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Empty net with 32 seconds to go. Faceoff outside the zone. This is for those who can't watch the game.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Sid the Kid gets him a Cup!

Bubastes
06-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Congratulations, Penguins!

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Oh, those lovely Detroit fans. I hope they're booing Bettman.

Silver King
06-13-2009, 06:46 AM
I never expected the Pens to pull it off.

Great series, and some new stats for the record books.

robeiae
06-13-2009, 06:48 AM
What's going through Marian Hossa's mind, right now?

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 06:51 AM
He must be bummed. On the losing team two years in a row.

Notice they don't bleep the "Yeah! Fuckin' A!" I heart the CBC.

KTC
06-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Fleury just said, "I said OH SHIT" when Ron asked him what he was thinking during the last few seconds. Classic!

And, yes, a lot of "Fuckin' A" goin' on. lol

Nova Scotia is celebrating tonight. Heck, most of Canada...over half the team are Canadian.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 07:16 AM
I'd like to find out how many were born in towns I lived in. I have Chandler and Thunder Bay so far.

KTC
06-13-2009, 07:19 AM
I have cousins in Nova Scotia going stinko right now. (-;

Haggis
06-13-2009, 07:26 AM
And in other news, the Detroit Tigers beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 3 to 1 today.

Fleury gives the crossbar a little 'thank you' pat.

As well he should.

Congrats, Pens fans.

Chumplet
06-13-2009, 07:48 AM
I absolutely love the music and video vignettes CBC puts together at the beginning and end of each game. The last piece was wonderful.

I wonder if CBC puts out a DVD collection of these. The Wendel Clark tribute comes to mind. I've often looked for them online but never found anything.

Anyway, it was a great season, even if the Leafs faded into the background... again.

Seeya next year.

regdog
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm with the chihuahua on this one :e2paperba

Ah well...congrats Pens fans

melaniehoo
06-13-2009, 09:57 PM
As well he should.

Congrats, Pens fans.

I was going to quote that same comment.

*grumble grumble*

At least I had a nice view during the game (click my linky thing).

Congrats Pens fans.