her perfect hum

one hundred thousand
moments,
and she is, to me
just as she was when
moment five read
of freshness on her
odometer

My 4Runner just turned 100,000 miles young--I bought her brand new in 1999, with 5 miles on the odometer. She is still in perfect condition, not a drop of oil on the garage floor, all electrical and mechanical parts working perfectly, just a few door dings and some wear on the the driver's side floor mat. I can see another 100,000 in her, with me. Any other good stories of long-term vehicle relationships?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
My 2001 RSX is around 83k - if she makes it, it will be the first new car I've owned for the full run to 100k. After disasters with used cars that fell apart before that mark, I know the value in buying new, taking care of it, and driving it into the ground.

Then again, it is a car for someone in their 20's. It's lasted so long that that's not me anymore.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I bought my van with 38,000 miles on her in 2000, and she now has 141,000. One powered window stopped opening for a couple of years, but just started working again (a sign that cars really can heal themselves). I've done various maintenance on her, but everything's working fine. She's 10 years old now, which means the headliner will start to detach from the roof at any moment, and that will be the kiss of death...

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
I've got you all beat. My beater car is pushing 300,000, doesn't leak a drop of oil, but looks and sounds like a beast (It's my bat mobile tank in stealth-mode):D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We bought a 1990 Toyota Corolla in 1993 today it has about 90,000 miles on it. Runs like a charm. We bring it the Toyota dealer for maintence and the service guys are always coming out asking us if we want to sell them the car. The dealership is always offering to buy it back too.

NOT SELLING. WE LOVE OUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I have 126,000 on my 2002 MR2 (bought new with only 19 miles on it). Still runs flawlessly. 36 MPG. Top down fun. Can't be happier with this little roadster.

Yes, I love to drive a LOT in my convertible. Can't you tell?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
My father is about--actually on his way--to give me his Ford Crown Victoria. I really don't want it, but it's something to drag my boat aound with.

This car has 350,000 miles on it, but that's not the big thing--the big thing is that this car was a New York City medallion taxicab for 300,000 miles of it. There were different drivers every night beating this thing to death on the silky smoothe streets of New York.

She has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Last edited:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all are making my Saturn SC-2sound like a baby. I bought her new in November 2001 with 10 miles on the odometer and right now she's got close to 84K. Still looks and runs like new.

BTW, I saw something online awhile back - to get the age of your vehicle in "people years," divide the mileage by the model year. I'm always joking that my car is the same age I am. Guess what? She is...:ROFL:

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
My father is about--actually on his way--to give me his Ford Crown Victoria. I really don't want it, but it's something to drag my boat aound with.

This car has 350,000 miles on it, but that's not the big thing--the big thing is that this car was a New York City medallion taxicab for 300,000 miles of it. There were different drivers every night beating this thing to death on the silky smoothe streets of New York.

She has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Look for button on the dash - it could be the one Queen Latifah had in Taxi. If you're lucky it's got the extras ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Y'all are making my Saturn SC-2sound like a baby. I bought her new in November 2001 with 10 miles on the odometer and right now she's got close to 84K. Still looks and runs like new.

BTW, I saw something online awhile back - to get the age of your vehicle in "people years," divide the mileage by the model year. I'm always joking that my car is the same age I am. Guess what? She is...:ROFL:

My little 2002 Kia Rio Cinco was bought new in 2002 with 15 miles on her. At the ripe ol' age of 7, she just broke 35000 miles. So that makes her 17 1/2 in people years.

Gee... not even an adult yet!