Turning off emoticons/graphics?

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Anyone know of a way to do this, or if it can even be done? It's a photosensitive issue, that has become more sensitive in the last few months.

ETA: I wasn't thinking when I posted this. I turned off graphics, avatars, and signatures in my preferences. I'll see how that works. Although if anyone knows of a way to not view emoticons, I would love to know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Anyone know of a way to do this, or if it can even be done? It's a photosensitive issue, that has become more sensitive in the last few months.

ETA: I wasn't thinking when I posted this. I turned off graphics, avatars, and signatures in my preferences. I'll see how that works. Although if anyone knows of a way to not view emoticons, I would love to know.

Thanks.

Turning off Images in your Web browser will turn off ALL images. Including backgrounds, and UI elements.

You might also want to look for a version of Lynkx, a browser that's designed to not show any images at all; it's available for most operating systems, and it's free. I've used it a lot with disabled users.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Thank you. I have Flash set so that I have to approve it before it runs, but until now I wasn't able to do anything about other graphics. I didn't even think about turning off all pictures within the browser. You are right that it is not an option as it makes it difficult to view some pages; however, I just found an option to “turn off animations”. The emoticons are all still images now, as are all the graphics. So thank you very much.

I am now able to change my AW preferences back to viewing signatures, avatars and graphics with no problems. And I don't have to go to a text only browser.

I am so happy, I can post again.