PDA

View Full Version : Noah's Ark Concentration Game

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 04:18 AM
I can't freakin' do it! Can you?

http://www.brookviewcottage.com/miles/cards/noah/noah.html

Sarita
06-10-2005, 04:34 AM
LOL! On my second try. That thing is hard! The rain is really distracting...

PattiTheWicked
06-10-2005, 05:20 AM
I can't freakin' do it! Can you?

http://www.brookviewcottage.com/miles/cards/noah/noah.html

Woo hoo! I got it on my first try!!

Inspired
06-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Jenna,
You've really got to stop writing so much and play games more. Piece of cake!

(just kidding. I haven't played that one in months and don't intend to get started again.)

rhymegirl
06-10-2005, 06:00 AM
I can't do it either. I'm not fast enough, Jenna.

poetinahat
06-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Got it first try -- I'm very high on procrastination skills. Then again, I may just have a well-oiled mouse!

ritinrider
06-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Jenna you are evil. Posting such an addictive game. I've matched 'em several times but keep going back to play again. After all it's only 40 seconds, not even a whole minute. Yeah, right, if you only play once. Me, I don't stop with one game.

Thanks for the link. I have enjoyed it, even if you are evil for introducing me to it.

Nita

tjwriter
06-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Won my first, lost my second, and won the third

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Thank God for you, rhymegirl. I can't believe all these smartbutts who are rubbing it in that they did it on their first or second tries. Look how Sara tried to placate me... "Oh, so hard. I had to practice one whole time before I mastered it."

I don't know how many times I've tried. That damn lightning makes me all nervous, then I lose my concentration, then I just start clicking randomly like a spaz.

I finished editing one of my books tonight, though. So I'm allowed to play... one... more... time.

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I just tried four more times.

I hate you people.

What's your strategy?

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Another game I suck at for your gloating pleasure:

http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/mv.html

oswann
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I just tried four more times.

I hate you people.

What's your strategy?

I tried once and failed according to their criteria. Of course I thought the whole matchmaking thing with animals seemed a bit passť so I put together the most interesting pairs. The elephant with the snake, so they could make little snakaphants, for example.

Success and failure are abstract concepts Jenna.

Os.

oswann
06-10-2005, 02:31 PM
WOOT! First try!

Yeah, yeah, Woohoo, me too, playing by my rules.

Os.

oswann
06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
It's okay, everyone is always a little hesitant in front of the unknown. Go with it man. Be free.

Os.

Inspired
06-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Okay. I finally tried it. It wasn't the same Noah's Ark game I've played before. I almost had it. Too bad my memory sucks!

biotales
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnna..... you did that on purpose.....
it is 6:30 in the morning and I am only 1/2 pot of coffee down.....
I tried it cuz you said sooooooooooooooooooooo.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
you knew I would try it didn't ya.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I will go back.,.... I willl win...... I will...... 3 times and that damn monkey and snake got me..... I WILL WIN I TELL YA....
As soon as I have more coffee.....
:Coffee: :Smack:

tjwriter
06-10-2005, 05:23 PM
By virtue of the small size of the game board, a lot of the matching pieces are next to each other. That helps some.

biotales
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok, I have had my pot of coffee in me.......... I have washed my face and combed my hair........... I have tried in vain to safe the critters on that site.... and now.... and now.......... I have decided that this is a plot from Jenna to overtake this board........ and I have decided to let the critters drown.....
thats my take on the subject and it should be yours....

robeiae
06-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry to report, I won my first three in a row, then my seven-year-old won on her second try. My four-year-old hasn't won yet, however (he almost did on his 10th try!).

Rob :)

TemlynWriting
06-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Don't worry, Jenna. I can't seem to get it, either. My hand/clicking just isn't fast enough. I was so close...if it was 60 seconds I could probably get it, but I have a headache right now, so this game just made my brain hurt more. :) Maybe I'll try again later.

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry to report, I won my first three in a row, then my seven-year-old won on her second try.

That's it. You're fired.

JennaGlatzer
06-10-2005, 11:49 PM
I thought a fresh new day might be good for me.

I matched one pair in 40 seconds.

ONE pair.

I'm beginning to understand why I can never find my shoes.

Bio and Os, I like your perspectives.

TemlynWriting
06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
I matched one pair in 40 seconds.

ONE pair.

I'm beginning to understand why I can never find my shoes.

I have the same problem finding matching socks! (Although it might help if I actually took them out of the laundru basket and folded them, but when I forget, I rummage through for at least a few minutes, trying to find a matching pair.)

JennaGlatzer
06-11-2005, 12:32 AM
OK, I quit that game.

I'm on level 4 of this one:

http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/wh.html

mdin
06-11-2005, 12:41 AM
OK, I quit that game.

I'm on level 4 of this one:

http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/wh.html

I play this game all the time. My strategy is to move the letters of the word you need across the bottom row. Then I put a bunch of useless letters like x, z, etc. across the second to bottom row to prevent accidentally spelling words you didn't mean to. That's the most frustrating part of that game... putting your second-to-last letter down only to lose everything because you accidentally spelled hive right in the middle of "shiver."

TemlynWriting
06-11-2005, 12:48 AM
I play this game all the time. My strategy is to move the letters of the word you need across the bottom row. Then I put a bunch of useless letters like x, z, etc. across the second to bottom row to prevent accidentally spelling words you didn't mean to. That's the most frustrating part of that game... putting your second-to-last letter down only to lose everything because you accidentally spelled hive right in the middle of "shiver."

Argh -- I hate this aspect, too! It's not like Boggle, where you may miss a word that's starting you straight in the face. It picks up on even words you don't realize are there! I'm so frustrated. But you have a good strategy. I shall try it. :)

arrowqueen
06-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Here, Jenna. This should soothe your fevered brow. It's very therapeutic.

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/bubble.html

rhymegirl
06-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Woohoo! I finally succeeded at the Noah's Ark game! Wouldn't you know, I let my son try it and he got it on the second try.

SRHowen
06-11-2005, 05:31 AM
3rd try.

SRHowen
06-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Ok, the words one is awful, level 5, but even when it beats you--you just keep playing it--urgh! Just what I need more writer's avoidance and more packing avoiding.

JennaGlatzer
06-11-2005, 05:44 AM
OK, everyone who has succeeded at Noah's Ark is banned.

Nav, yeah! That was my strategy, too! At least the bottom row thing... didn't think about putting crap letters in the 2nd-to-last. I'll have to try that.

KTC: Okay, fine. I'll try once more. But I think those animals are just changing places when I'm not looking to mess with my head.

JennaGlatzer
06-11-2005, 05:46 AM
IT'S A FRIDAY MIRACLE! I DID IT! I HATH SAVED THE ANIMALS!

:hooray:

CACTUSWENDY
06-11-2005, 06:31 AM
:popcorn: ...gosh...do you need a life or what?...:popcorn:

SRHowen
06-11-2005, 06:46 AM
argh--missed level 6 by one letter--had aides, put them in wrong and made aids--times up---i give up tronight!

biotales
06-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I have decided on the Noahs ark thing... that if those animals are not smart enough to come in out of the rain.... then they can just stay out there....
phfffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttt
especially that d--n monkey...... especially him....
drown I say drown....
and that is my take on the subject.....
:mad: :guns: :Headbang: :Soapbox:

kappapi99
06-11-2005, 11:20 PM
I got it on my second try...first time I missed it by two pair.

KP

JennaGlatzer
06-11-2005, 11:27 PM
I admit it. I talked to the animals.

(Me: "I just want to save you! I'm here to help! Won't you please tell me where you are? Pleeeease? Help me help you... help me help you!")

biotales
06-12-2005, 01:15 AM
I admit it. I talked to the animals.

(Me: "I just want to save you! I'm here to help! Won't you please tell me where you are? Pleeeease? Help me help you... help me help you!")

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I tried talking to them, I even tried talking to them nicely.... but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
there has to be a gimmick
I demand to know what it is.
:mad:

JennaGlatzer
06-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Bio, I don't want to ruin my winning streak, so I'm never playing again. But I think the secret is to let go of your inner hostility toward the animals-- you know how animals can smell fear? Well, maybe they can smell hostility, too.

biotales
06-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Bio, I don't want to ruin my winning streak, so I'm never playing again. But I think the secret is to let go of your inner hostility toward the animals-- you know how animals can smell fear? Well, maybe they can smell hostility, too.
Hey who has hostility towards them d--n animals..... I just want to kill them...
every time I try I get maybe 3 or 4 then they go into a breeding mode and hide from me and the water is coming in faster and faster............
There is nothing wrong with just wanting to hurt them a little bit.... they will behave better..... :guns: