PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying children's movie

Sarpedon
04-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Here's a challenge:

When I was a lad, I saw this film, I don't know where. It wasn't a feature film. It was probably something made for educational purposes.

There's this kid, and he gets a letter from a relative who's visiting Japan, who says he's going to send the kid a fish.

The kid gets really excited, and tells his schoolmates, and everyone agrees that the fish will become the class pet when it arrives. They all get into the spirit, aquiring a fishbowl and all the necessary accessories.

Then the fish arrives, and its not a fish at all, but one of the famous japanese wind socks in the shape of a fish. (of course one couldn't send a fish in the mail, dumb kid)

The kid is embarassed to tell his classmates however, so he proceeds thusly; he fills the fishbowl with all kinds of crap, little castles, fake coral, plants etc, and declares that the fish is now in the bowl. The children are then called upon to draw a picture of the fish, and each child draws something completely different.

Its all fun and games until the bowl gets dropped.

Oddly enough, this has been bugging me for years. Does anyone know?

Amarie
04-21-2009, 05:32 AM
I think it's 'The Fish from Japan'. Google this and you will find a youtube clip.

Sarpedon
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Thats far too simple, isn't it.

Thanks.