Your Personality Type (MBTI)

dog8food

Registered
Reaction score
I've read a book on personality types and writing styles so I set out to discover my own "type" using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator:

http://www.mypersonality.info

I came out INFP. Some of the descriptions I read about myself were uncanny. Looks like INFPs are cut out for this writing gig ;)

What's your type?

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
INTJ

one of the more uncommon combinations. Also why I drove myself crazy working as a carpenter. one of the careers least chosen by INTJs is construction. d'oh.

Myers-Briggs is a great tool to use when planning post-secondary education and career planning. sometimes you find that what you think you are (extrovert) is not so much what you really are (introvert). lol

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
INTJ

INTJs are introspective, analytical, determined persons with natural leadership ability. Being reserved, they prefer to stay in the background while leading. Strategic, knowledgable and adaptable, INTJs are talented in bringing ideas from conception to reality. They expect perfection from themselves as well as others and are comfortable with the leadership of another so long as they are competent. INTJs can also be described as decisive, open-minded, self-confident, attentive, theoretical and pragmatic.

Did you see the list of famous people who are the same.

C.S. Lewis was on there.... among others. :D And in fictional characters so is Mr. Darcy. :D

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
intp
less warm fuzzy:)
loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

more warm fuzzy:)
INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
How weird. I'm stuck tech supporting a video conference for chemistry teachers all day, and they just did this survey.

Mine came back "serial killer", with a chemistry teacher victim pre disposition, btw.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
How weird. I'm stuck tech supporting a video conference for chemistry teachers all day, and they just did this survey.

Mine came back "serial killer", with a chemistry teacher victim pre disposition, btw.

:ROFL:

Poor Will---big hugs.

Make sure I don't hear about you on channel 4 news;)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
INFP... you could probably guess that if you read any of my posts during either reign as queen. :D

I spent some time working as the admin assistant to the president of a innovation consulting company. Part of what the company does is test the employees of the companies who hire them to help the client figure out how to get the employees to work together and understand each other, which helps the client company to function better and facilitates growth. Thus, I was given all the tests being used at the time.

My KAI score was exceptionally high on the innovative side. Only the VP of the company tested higher and only by a couple points. Which begs the question why I was working in an adaptive position in the company. I was very creative in my role and drove the rest of the support staff to distraction. :ROFL: The reason being in that position worked was because of my perceiving ability. I could anticipate the needs of my boss and find creative ways to meet them, often before he mentioned what he needed, and he was happy. The other support staff wasn't because I was not 'thinking in the box', thus breaking their rules. But they would ask 'what about the box'? And I would respond, 'Box? What box'? :D

dog8food

Registered
Reaction score
It's really interesting how N's (Intuitives) seem to have a greater interest in writing. My brother is an ESFP and if he could read it, he doesn't want anything to do with it much less write it.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't remember which ones, but I was right inbetween one of the IN ones.

They sounded like me to the extreme, though. *shrug* Not terribly useful, though, since they both listed writer/author/playwright/poet in there. The only occupation that caught my attention outside of that was occupational therapist, which I've considered.

Chauchat Butterfly

~*~root beer floatz~*~
Registered
Reaction score
INFP - The "Dreamer" Jungian Personality Types (Free Test)

INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginitive, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal.

Actually, it sounds pretty close to the truth. v:)v

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
INTJ - I have no idea what that means or if it's even accurate.

Jodi, here's a definition of an INTJ. Usually, when you get tested for Myers-Briggs you do so with a certified person so that you have someone who can chart your result and correctly interpret it. But it's fun to read the general stuff and see where on the scale you fall. It's also influenced by how extreme you are in any of the types or if you're more in the middle, closer to the other values, which is why it helps to have someone who's certified.

http://www.personality-power-for-everyday-living.com/INTJ.html

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
ENFP

ENFPs are introspective, values-oriented, inspiring, social and extremely expressive. They actively send their thoughts and ideas out into the world as a way to bring attention to what they feel to be important, which often has to do with ethics and current events. ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. ENFPs are described as creative, resourceful, assertive, spontaneous, life-loving, charismatic, passionate and experimental.

I like it. =]

ShowerInspiration

Registered
Reaction score
INFP:

INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginitive, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal.

List of famous INFPs:
* A. A. Milne - author (Winnie the Pooh)
* Albert Schweitzer - theologian, musician, physician
* Aldous Huxley - English author
* Amy Tan - author (The Joy-Luck Club)
* Annie Dillard - author (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)
* Audrey Hepburn - actress (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
* Dick Clark - television personality
* Donna Reed - acress
* Fred Rogers - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
* Fred Savage - actor (The Wonder Years)
* George Orwell - author, journalist
* Helen Keller - deaf/blind author, activist, lecturer
* Henry Wadsworth Longfellow - American poet
* Isabel Briggs Myers - psychological theorist
* J. R. R. Tolkien - writer (Lord of the Rings)
* James Herriot - veterinary surgeon, writer

* James Taylor - singer-songwriter, guitarist
* John - Disciple of Jesus
* John F. Kennedy, Jr. - lawyer, journalist, publisher
* Laura Ingalls Wilder - author (Little House on the Prairie)
* Lisa Kudrow - actress ("Phoebe" on Friends)
* Luke - physician, author
* Mary - Mother of Jesus
* Mia Farrow - actress
* Neil Diamond - musician
* Peter Jackson - filmmaker (Lord of the Rings
* Princess Diana - Princess of Wales
* Scott Bakula - actor (Start Trek Enterprise)
* Tom Brokaw - television journalist
* Virgil - ancient Roman poet
* William Shakespeare - English poet and playwright

I am honored to be on the same list as Tom Brokaw and Mr. Rogers lol

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I find it interesting that everyone who posted here so far has an "N" (intuitive) instead of an "S" (sensing) as the second letter. I'm not surprised. I think we writers are more interested in "what could be" rather than "what is."

INFJ here.

matdonna

matushka at large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rafterssriptorium.blogspot.com
INTJ according to a test I took that had about 50 questions on it....This is a supposedly rare type, but I see there are several on this thread, perhaps INTJs are likely to become writers....

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
ENTP, which comes as no surprise to me since it hasn't changed since college psych. :D

ENTP - The "Originator"

ENTPs are logical, innovative, curious and downright inventive. They see possibilities for improvement everywhere and possess the ability to understand complex concepts. ENTPs are introspective and carefree nonconformists. They often neglect the more common areas of life while pursuing new solutions. ENTPs can be good conversationalists and exciting company.

* Alexander the Great - king, military commander
* Alfred Hitchcock - filmmaker (The Birds)
* Celine Dion - singer
* David Spade - actor, comedian
* George Carlin - comedian, actor, author
* James A. Garfield - American President
* John Adams - American President
* John Candy - comedian, actor
* Julia Child - chef, author, TV personality
* Lewis Carroll - author (Alice in Wonderland)
* Marilyn Vos Savant - author, lecturer, playwright
* Matthew Perry - actor (Friends)
* Nikola Tesla - inventor, physicist, engineer
* Richard Feynman - physicist
* Rodney Dangerfield - comedian, actor
* Rutherford B. Hayes - American President
* Sir Walter Raleigh - writer, poet, explorer
* Suzanne Pleshette - actress
* Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt - American President
* Thomas Edison - inventor
* Tom Hanks - actor
* Valerie Harper - actress
* Walt Disney - filmmaker, entrepreneur
* Weird Al Yankovic - musician (satire/parody)

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so effin flaky that I always score too near 50-50 on everything but N. So mine 'changes' too much to have a listed one.

But there's that N :D I'm really part of y'all at least :D