PDA

View Full Version : Movin' on up - thanks to my dog!

Rose
06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm excited about this "milestone," so I wanted to share it with my fellow animal-loving writer friends. I received my second-ever PAID ON ACCEPTANCE (not publication) check today. It came from Urban Dog (www.urbandogmagazine.com (http://www.urbandogmagazine.com)), and my article is scheduled to appear in September.

Howard, of course, is demanding a portion of the profits. He wants to be paid in Kobe beef!

Mihoshi
06-10-2005, 12:41 AM
That's so awesome, what is your piece about?

I think my husband gets that magazine at work (Complete Petmart), that sounds like one he's mentioned anyways.

awatkins
06-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Yay!!! Rio and Pancho said to tell Howard that they get treats and toys for being such inspirations for my writing, so he should get something, too! ;)

That's awesome, Rose. You're really going gangbusters!! Congrats. :) :)

KTC
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Congrats Rose! That's wonderful news. Don't let Howard get a big head over this...buy him a bone and call it even. You DID do all the work!

Congrats!

Rose
06-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks, everyone! (And Howards says, well, "snore,"...he's sleeping).

My article is about ways to turn photographs of pets into keepsakes (and includes tips for taking better animal pictures). Anne pointed out in another thread that I can easily re-slant this for other markets. If I do manage to sell a few spin-offs, Howard might just get that Kobe-beef burger!

Lucky Penny
06-10-2005, 01:27 AM
OH, Rose, that's fabulous! And it sounds like a really interesting article too! I may just have to look for it. :D

Susie
06-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi, Rose & all,

Congrats on your paid for (on acceptance!) article. That feels even better then on publication. btw, my husband's name is Howard, so I guess I need to get him some chew toys & flavorful bones. lol.

Warm regards, Susie:)