C.M. Daniels

Cinnamon, sit. Bad fish!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.opendiary.com
I'm wondering how to create headers for my manuscripts such as:

Daniels/My Book/Page 22

And not have it so I have to copy/paste them onto every page.

I usually do all of my formatting in Word for Mac 04.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
In OpenOffice, it's Insert...Fields...Page Number. I don't know where it is much of anywhere else. Somewhere under Insert, I'd guess.

FennelGiraffe

It's green they say
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming that Word 2004 for Macs has the same controls as Word 2003 for Windows (which may not be the case),

After you do View --> Header and Footer, in addition to the box where you type the header text, you should also see a floating tool bar that says Header and Footer at the top and has several icons on it. At the point in the header where you want the page number to be, click the icon that's a # on a white rectangle. (Try hovering your mouse over each of the icons. That should show what they do.)

Alternatively, at the point in the header where you want the page number to be, do Insert --> Field, and scroll down the list to Page.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
My copy of Word2003 (for PC) has "Page Numbers..." as a command under the Insert Menu (Insert--> Page Numbers...). You don't have to mess around with fields-- the command is ready and waiting in the commonly used menu.

And yeah, look for the floating Header and Footer toolbar. It has all sorts of nifty tools on it. =)