Finally got a bit more techny savvy (lookout world) --an ipod

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm wearing an ipod?! I asked for and received one for my anniversary. Even more so, I can work it! ; ) But it took another AW'r from another state to come and teach me how to set it up. Hee hee. UNBELIEVABLE! Me, kimmi, who makes even the electric can opener whinge and cringe just in passing. I hate techny. : D

Quick, I have room for another 300 songs, I think, can you give me three of your all-time favorite? Thank you.

ETA: I have no boundaries with my music.
hugs, kimmi

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Oh, my heavens! My iPod has everything on it from Alabama and Beethoven to Queen to Connie Dover to Enya to Tom Jones to Mozart to the Chieftains to the Blues Brothers to Loreena McKennit to Tori Amos to Colin Raye and George Straight and Los Lobos and Salina and Celine Dion and Prince to Ricky Martin and Rod Stewart and Sarah McLachlan and Sting and Tina Turner and Mary Jane Lamond and Capercaillie and Everly Brothers and Elvis and Richard Marx and Vangelis and... and... and...

Why, yes. I do have an eclectic taste in music. Why do you ask? :D

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's an MS-DOS version of iTunes?

::dodges hurled IBM PC::
:tongue
umm, just a few songs will be fine, Joe!

Hah, Jen, and the best part I can't black out the internet or anything. hmm, I hope ...

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
If you like Loreena McKennit, try Blackmore's Night: Fires at Midnight, The Village Lanterne, Ghost of a Rose, etc.

Individual songs: Santana's "Into the Night", Styx "Come Sail Away" (and album The Grand Illusion), Rush "Mystic Rhythms".

I bought an MP3 player last year and have been copying my CD collection to it. It's been wonderful rediscovering all those songs I hadn't listened to in ages.

Happy listening!

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I've been getting really into Amos Lee lately. Heard one of his songs (Colors) on House a few years ago and just checked out more of his stuff. He's got a great voice, and a jazz-feel to his music which I love. :)

iTunes also had a good song on their weekly free downloads this week: Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage the Elephant.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been listening to Daniel by Bat For Lashes repeatedly over the past week, after seeing a clip of it on the BBC News site. Her voice reminds me of Sinead O'Connor, and the song has a lovely ethereal feel. That's one I definitely recommend. (And I bought it from iTunes) :)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Welcome to the great world of iPods! I used to hate carting around those bulky cd players. Or heavy cassette tape players. Or did you ever carry a record player around?! Geez, strap that thing over your shoulder....

Anyway, Coldplay. Hands down. Most any songs by them.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Imagine only reading books from authors who had appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list.

I say that provocative statement because so many people do that very thing with music! With the Internet there's a lot of good stuff out there that's not published by the Six Five Four Major Labels or however many there are nowadays. I ordered Dorene's CD from her ten years ago when she only had one or two songs available as MP3's:
http://www.dorenekedney.com/
(you know how to take an MP3 link on a website and load it in your iPod?)
Okay, the MP3's were (imho) the best two songs on the CD by far, but there's a quality difference between a CD and the same song converted to (the usual 128k bitrate) MP3, and that's another incentive to get the CD. And I understand you can load "straight" unadulterated .wav files on an iPod, though they take up ten times the space for the same playing time.

I recall when the Rio came out circa 1997, it held barely an hour of MP3-compressed music, and the RIAA was threatening to SUE the manufacturer!

Just my little rant...

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"All The Pretty Little Horses" by Michigan Jake.
"I'm a Believer," by Realtime.
"Beethoven 5.1" by the Gas House Gang.

C'mon, throw some acappella on there. You know you wants to.