PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

Diana Hignutt
06-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay, so who's up for admitting some guilty pleasures? You know, things that we normally don't share. Anyone?

I'll go first. I am a huge Yu-Gi-oh fan. Yes, you heard me. It's a stupid anime about a possessed boy, a magic puzzle and a card game. I'm completely hooked. And, Merrick and the Spirit of the Millenium Ring are hot!

So, please someone else post something so I don't look so stupid. Please?

Anyone?

diana

Sarita
06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Diana- I'm willing to fess up... cringe... Drowning by the Backstreet Boys is one of my favorite songs.... ugh, it hurts to say out loud.

maestrowork
06-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Ouch, Sara...

Me: stupid, BAD, Japanese old sci-fi movies... such as the "Green Slime"

Edit: oh yes, and I'm going to be teased endlessly by this... when I was in college, I used to watch All My Children every day. There you have it... what can I say, soap operas are very addictive.

CaoPaux
06-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm more of a Magic: The Gathering person myself. :)

But I have far too many LoTR action figures. Far, far, too many. As in, I've packed up things we got as wedding gifts to make room for them. At least I've managed not to buy any of the game or trading cards, but my resolve is weakening with each expansion. *whine!*

Paint
06-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Michael Jackson's music and videos.

:gone:

rhymegirl
06-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't have any guilty pleasures.

maestrowork
06-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't have any guilty pleasures.

Speaking like a true guilty-pleasure addict...

Sailor Kenshin
06-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Okay, so who's up for admitting some guilty pleasures? You know, things that we normally don't share. Anyone?

I'll go first. I am a huge Yu-Gi-oh fan. Yes, you heard me. It's a stupid anime about a possessed boy, a magic puzzle and a card game. I'm completely hooked. And, Merrick and the Spirit of the Millenium Ring are hot!

So, please someone else post something so I don't look so stupid. Please?

Were we separated at birth????

I love Yu-Gi-Oh, especially the Japanese version! I'm on Volume Kajillion of the DVDs, well into the Dartz storyline.

I play the card game (much to the delight and amusement of a little kid who was selling bags of cards: "Grown-ups play this?").

Not all that grown-up, kid! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/wink.gif

Only one thing: I'm not terribly guilty about this particular pleasure.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/pokeball_smile.gif

VOTE_BOT
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I like to stare at people in public and imagine what they look like when they're crying.

oswann
06-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I like to stare at people in public and imagine what they look like when they're crying.

You really are creepy.

Os.

dragonjax
06-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey Diana- I'm willing to fess up... cringe... Drowning by the Backstreet Boys is one of my favorite songs.... ugh, it hurts to say out loud.
Sara, just yesterday I was humming along to "Incomplete." After the song ended, the DJ announced somewhat sheepishly that it was the latest Backstreet Boys song. I was so shocked I nearly rear-ended the car in front of me.

Sarita
06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Sara, just yesterday I was humming along to "Incomplete." After the song ended, the DJ announced somewhat sheepishly that it was the latest Backstreet Boys song. I was so shocked I nearly rear-ended the car in front of me.
I haven't heard it. My little sister told me they had a new song but I told her to keep it away from me. It's her fault I ended up liking Drowning.

Fractured_Chaos
06-10-2005, 02:03 AM

That's okay. I like "Bye, Bye, Bye" by 'N Synch. :o

There's actually a story behind this, that justifies it, okay? :o

Driving along, teen-aged daughter in the car, and she always changes the station on me. Well this song came on, and I admit it, I liked the beat.

For mother's day, she and her little sister bought me the CD. And yes, I listened to it. Cayleigh loved it.

In fact, if that song started playing when she was dead asleep, she'd wake right up, and start singing with it!:ROFL:

My other guilty pleasures are:

Jackie Chan movies. I don't care how "bad" they are...they're Jackie Chan movies. Nuff Said.

Full Metal Alchemist. I have become incredibly addicted to this show. I also like Inuyasha, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I'm an Adult Swim addict. Especially the anime.

I also like clove cigarettes on occasion, and the California Dreams (pretty pastel colours).

I love good, imported Single Malt Scotch. At least 12 y/o, preferably 18 or older. Never a blend and never younger than 12. Ever. Especially the Islays. A good Amatillado, Cognac, and Port.

I have expensive taste in liquors. Needless to say, I don't buy them often, and don't drink much at a time for that very reason. I guess that can be a good thing, huh?

Sailor Kenshin
06-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Jackie Chan movies. I don't care how "bad" they are...they're Jackie Chan movies. Nuff Said.

Full Metal Alchemist. I have become incredibly addicted to this show. I also like Inuyasha,

Woot! Ditto here. Now if only my personal pic would show up.... http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/cwm14.gif

Maryn
06-10-2005, 04:43 AM
oh yes, and I'm going to be teased endlessly by this... when I was in college, I used to watch All My Children every day. There you have it... what can I say, soap operas are very addictive.I used to work with a guy whose college roommate was Michael Knight, who plays Tad. Once we met him for lunch at McDonald's.

You may touch the hem of my garment.

Maryn, grinning

Pat~
06-10-2005, 05:05 AM
I'm a compulsive bubble gum addict. When no one's looking I still blow bubbles.

http://bestsmileys.com/bubble/1.gif

PattiTheWicked
06-10-2005, 05:17 AM
I'm hooked on the Discovery Channel's show about Alaska crab fishermen, the Deadliest Catch. It's the only "reality" show I watch.

Does thinking Captain Sig Hansen is really sexy make me a crabgeek?

rhymegirl
06-10-2005, 05:20 AM
Speaking like a true guilty-pleasure addict...

What does that mean?

LieselGarmach
06-10-2005, 05:38 AM
I like the feeling of hot denim jeans fresh out of the dryer against freshly shaved legs.

But when I'm sick enough to spend the day on the couch, I watch Sesame Street on TV while eating chicken noodle soup and drinking cold 7Up.

mommie4a
06-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Doing anything alone when I should be doing something with my kids - I usually feel more guilt than pleasure though

On the more pleasure than guilt side - mmm - nope, just can't tell ya.:)

Renee
06-10-2005, 06:36 AM
I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya...lol...

Nice thread Diana!

Vote Bot-- that was twisted! PS- I think I know who you are!

Charlotte M. Leslie
06-10-2005, 06:53 AM
I found some really old cassettes. They belonged to my son. I decided to
listen to them, and I feel guilty. I'm too old to like music like this.Anthrax,
Slayer, Megadeath,Guns and Roses.I feel guilty listening to it, and I'm a
senior citizen...Bed time for Granny..Got my head phones on..Metallica.

VOTE_BOT
06-10-2005, 06:56 AM
Vote Bot-- that was twisted!

Sometimes the ones you think would be blubbering idiots are actually quite elegant about it.

I suspect the reverse is also true.

PS- I think I know who you are!

Why wouldn't you?

maestrowork
06-10-2005, 07:41 AM
I used to work with a guy whose college roommate was Michael Knight, who plays Tad. Once we met him for lunch at McDonald's.

You may touch the hem of my garment.

Maryn, grinning

I spoke with Susan Lucci when she was making a TV movie in Pittsburgh.

You may kiss my hand.

;)

smallthunder
06-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Nothing! You guys are sooooo minor league when it comes to guilty pleasures.

Mine:

I think "Teletubbies" is fascinating -- watch it whenever I can (which is not often, which is also probably why it still fascinates me).

Marshmallow Peeps. Preferably yellow. Either fresh or stale, depending on my mood.

Baaaaaaaaaad Hong Kong triad (gangster) movies -- you know, the ones that make Jackie Chan look like Laurence Olivier (sp?) performing "Hamlet." The ones where the English subtitles read: "Oh, you mak me so angary! I shall kick you behind!"

mdin
06-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Diana,

My spawnling has 5,000+Yugioh cards, and he has literally memorized the atk and defense points of each and every single one of them. It's absolutely amazing. He's seven years old, does so-so in math at school, but he can do yugioh related algebra in his head. I can name any single card, and he can give me the details.

I can still kick his butt at the game though. In fact, I'm undefeated. Against seven year olds.

oswann
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I like to eat endangered species. I don't feel guilty about it so I guess it doesn't count.

Os.

samgail
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Oh, and when no one's looking, I hang out in an Italian chat room..hahahahha.

Cathi

:ROFL:

Celeste
06-10-2005, 01:17 PM
My guilty pleasures are...a secret.

:Ssh:

Diana Hignutt
06-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Great! We've got some good stuff going. Some of it is stuff I would never admit too, but hey, I'm proud of you all.

Sailor Kenshin and Navi,

Yeah, I play Yu-Gi-Oh too. I started out to play my nephew, but he doesn't play too much anymore (too old). I have a very impressive deck. If I could figure out an online way to do it, we'd have a game or two.

Keep it coming, folks!

diana

mommie4a
06-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Marshmallow Peeps. Preferably yellow. Either fresh or stale, depending on my mood.

If you search on "peeps" in the forums, you'll find a thread about them from around Easter time.

Poppy
06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
I watch The Young and the Restless. I've been hooked on it for over 10 years now.

I must have been a dancer in another life because even though I usually listen to rock and roll/heavy metal and avoid chick flicks, I sometimes listen to dance music and enjoy movies such as Footloose, Flashdance, Center Stage, and Shall We Dance.

That's all I can think of right now.

Fractured_Chaos
06-10-2005, 08:29 PM
I found some really old cassettes. They belonged to my son. I decided to
listen to them, and I feel guilty. I'm too old to like music like this.Anthrax,
senior citizen...Bed time for Granny..Got my head phones on..Metallica.

Nonsense!

I like Rammstein, Metallica, AC/DC...stuff like that. And I'm 44.

You're never too old to love head-banging music. :D

mkcbunny
06-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Edit: oh yes, and I'm going to be teased endlessly by this... when I was in college, I used to watch All My Children every day. There you have it... what can I say, soap operas are very addictive.
Hello, my name is Mary, and I'm a GH addict.

I have watched GH off and on since I was in high school during the Luke and Laura days. At several points when my husband and I were working at home, we would run AMC, OLTL, and GH all afternoon in the background. They are never all good at the same time. They all seem to slump in alternate years. Last year or two, it's been GH only. And lately, I've given it up altogether. For now. I'll be back.

Another guilty pleasure: Bad fantasy TV. Charmed, Hercules, etc. I have seen much too much of that crap.

OneTeam OneDream
06-12-2005, 10:20 AM
My guilty pleasures are easy. MTV and VH1. I'm one of those people that when around others, complains that they don't show music anymore, but privately, I love almost all the shows. Real World/Road Rules and the Inferno., Pimp my Ride, MTV Docs, VH1's The Surreal Life, and I even watched that Strange Love show with Flavor Flav and Briggette Neilsen. What's wrong with me????????????

rhymegirl
06-12-2005, 06:03 PM
OneTeamOneDream,

My husband wants to know what team is represented by your baseball cap. What does the B stand for?

aboyd
06-13-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm too old to like music like this.Anthrax,
senior citizen...Bed time for Granny..Got my head phones on..Metallica.Are you serious? I think this one gets disqualified as a guilty pleasure. I mean, I think that just increases your coolness.

Aren't guilty pleasures supposed to be embarrassing? Here, I'll post 2 of mine, let's see if they come off as bad as I think they are.

First guilty pleasure. I'm a 34 year-old father of 2, and I still play Dungeons & Dragons with a small group each week. But here's the kicker: no 34 year-old fathers play the game anymore, so I play with a group of 5 guys all in their 20s. When a recent game ran late, the DM pumped his fist up and down triumphantly and said "we're adults now, we can stay out as late as we want! Woohoo!" He's a good guy, but I was reminded at that moment that I was clearly out of place.

Second guilty pleasure. Vampire movies. But not just the cool Brad Pitt movies. All of them. Pointy teeth? I have to see it. It was made in 1970 with a $500 budget and everyone in it was higher than a kite? Yeah, gotta see that. Jesus Franco? Sergio Grieco? Harry Kmel? Sign me up! Cheesy psychedelic effects? Must watch it. Embrace the Darkness, part 25? Mmmm. Yummy.

It's to the point that my wife just mutters "damn it" if we're looking for movies and she sees a new vamp film on the racks. She knows I'll find it.

-Tony

Celeste
06-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Second guilty pleasure. Vampire movies.

-Tony

Oh, yeah! Love, love, love vampire movies. Still...my favorite's Bram Stokers Dracula. Gary Oldman is awesome in that movie!

aadams73
06-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Gary Oldman is awesome in that movie!

Gary Oldman is totally underrated. He's superb in everything he does.

I have two guilty pleasures that I'll admit to. I love to play Diablo 2 and I really dig those Princess Diaries movies. Ok, three then; I love those little red Swedish fish candies.

Celeste
06-13-2005, 04:17 AM
Gary Oldman is totally underrated. He's superb in everything he does.

He is! I love that man. He's excellent in The Scarlet Letter. Remember he played the old freaky guy (can't his character's name) in Hannibal? Ugh! I didn't even know it was him at first. He was so nasty looking in that role, wasn't he?! Lol..:scared:

I love those little red Swedish fish candies.

You too! Lol...

I love those things! My son started buying them and got me hooked on 'em...

Wormo
06-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Waffles *Drools*

http://www.bobtailsodafountain.com/elements/belgian-waffles-on-stick.jpg

But not Rounded Waffles, they scare me! :o

Presence
06-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I would have to go with the coffee at the gas station just down my street, I am in Canada and we have a little something called Tim Hortons, the guilty part comes in because it isn't real coffee, it is the processed stuff out of the mini vending machine in the paper cups but it is INCREDIBLE.

I managed to see the bag of powder the other night, could not for the life of me pronounce a single ingredient.

Bottoms up!! Lol

Writer2011
06-14-2005, 10:16 AM
I like reality shows.....and YES I watch American Idol.... :)

Fractured_Chaos
06-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I like home improvement shows.

More power! oh-oh-oh-oh!

aadams73
06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
He is! I love that man. He's excellent in The Scarlet Letter. Remember he played the old freaky guy (can't his character's name) in Hannibal? Ugh! I didn't even know it was him at first. He was so nasty looking in that role, wasn't he?! Lol..:scared:

Oh gawd, he freaked me right out in Hannibal. I could hardly stand to look at him! Mason Verger was the character's name.

You too! Lol...

I love those things! My son started buying them and got me hooked on 'em...

I can eat them by the bucketful--unfortunatly--and have a particular love for the ones sold at Target. Actually I'm cursed with a sweet tooth. :)

aadams73
06-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I like reality shows.....and YES I watch American Idol.... :)

I'm not a fan of reality shows BUT...(and it's a big but) I was channel flicking--read procrastinating--the other day and I stumbled over this show on VH-1 called "Stripsearch. And I did a severe doubletake because the host is the Founder of Manpower and someone I met a few times Way Back When. It was really odd. Plus...hmm...half naked men.

Diana Hignutt
06-14-2005, 01:41 PM
American Idol counts as a guilty pleasure? I'll fess up to that one too.

Gary Oldman does, in fact, rock. The man is brilliant. He was good in Dracula, but I thought everybody else in that movie was horrible (yes, even Anthony Hopkins). My favorite vampire movie has to be Interview with a Vampire.

It's been years since I played Dungeons and Dragons, but I always had fun. No shame there.

Hmmm...would Doctor Who be considered a guilty pleasure, I wonder?

This is fun...like psyhcotherapy without the copay.

oswann
06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I hesitate telling people I enjoy cars and motorsport. It doesn't seem to fit my profile. I have a very quick car and am going to see the first qualifying session in Le Mans tomorrow night for the 24h race which begins Saturday. I am taking my eldest son, who doesn't seem to care at all about cars. Oh well.

I will be good and drive there carefully.

Os.

Sarita
06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Os, I love cars, fast ones... I wish we could get Euro racing on TV here. But unless you have schmancy satellite, it's not happening. And I live in a townhouse, where the association dictates our TV plan... :box: I don't think that's a guilty pleasure... Now this, this just gets worse....
Oh boy, say it fast, like pulling off a bandaid... my little sister called me at 10ish last night to say that The Backstreet Boys were on Behind the Music on VH1. Ugh. I left the chat last night to go watch it. I know! What am I, 14? And I actually watched it, in its entirety! I don't even like pop music! And the new CD is out today, do you think I'm going to buy it? Nah, I'll just burn my sisters... GAH! Somebody shut me up!!

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Guilty pleasure: I love Behind the Music - where did it go? Is it back on??

Also boy band guilty pleasure: Singing "I want it that way" by...which boy band was that - N Sync or Backstreet? Whatever - great singing in the car song.

Sarita
06-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Guilty pleasure: I love Behind the Music - where did it go? Is it back on??

Also boy band guilty pleasure: Singing "I want it that way" by...which boy band was that - N Sync or Backstreet? Whatever - great singing in the car song.
Jill, apparently it's back on. I don't know if they just pulled this one out for the new record release, but it was on last night. And... I want it that way is the Back Street Boys. I shouldn't even know that.

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
And... I want it that way is the Back Street Boys. I shouldn't even know that.

:ROFL:

rhymegirl
06-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Jill, apparently it's back on. I don't know if they just pulled this one out for the new record release, but it was on last night. And... I want it that way is the Back Street Boys. I shouldn't even know that.

What's wrong with the Back Street Boys?

maestrowork
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I do have a fast car -- a chick-digs-it convertible at that! That's TOTALLY my guilty pleasure... I love taking LONG drives with the top down.

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 07:08 PM
I do have a fast car -- a chick-digs-it convertible at that! That's TOTALLY my guilty pleasure... I love taking LONG drives with the top down.

Ok - now, is that a lie? Like - are you going to show up in a 1982 Chevy Chevette?

maestrowork
06-14-2005, 07:13 PM
I guess you will have to wait and see... (Sara and Jo have seen my car...) ;) I may even take you for a ride... :ROFL:

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I may even take you for a ride... :ROFL:

Isn't that what you've been doing?

maestrowork
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Hardly.

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Yowza.

Celeste
06-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Oh gawd, he freaked me right out in Hannibal. I could hardly stand to look at him! Mason Verger was the character's name. [QUOTE]

That's it -- Mason Verger! Ugh! His face was hidious! I didn't recognize him until someone pointed it out to me that it was him! Amazing what they can do with makeup! Lol...

[QUOTE]I can eat them by the bucketful--unfortunatly--and have a particular love for the ones sold at Target. Actually I'm cursed with a sweet tooth. :)

Oh, I know...me too! I love those things! My son'll buy a big bag and he's gotta' hide 'em from me. Lol...:ROFL:

I've always been a huge junk food junky. I'm as bad as a kid when it comes to candy! Lol...

maestrowork
06-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Junk food... I can finish a large bag of Doritos in one sitting... then there are Cheetos, Baked Lays chips, kettle popcorn, cookies, ice cream...

Starbucks' mocha iced-blended fraps... 500 calories of total guilt.

Flirting... guilty as charged

Tech gizmos... I love my toys!

mommie4a
06-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Starbucks' mocha iced-blended fraps... 500 calories of total guilt.

I'm only partly guilty there - I get the light versions (but in Vente size)

JoeEkaitis
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
The novels Stuart Little, The Trumpet of the Swan, and The Wind in the Willows, as well as the short story "The Reluctant Dragon."

I know, I know, they're outdated relics of a bygone era in children's literature and no sane author should consider E. B. White and Kenneth Grahame as literary patron saints in today's market, but there it is.

PattiTheWicked
06-14-2005, 11:00 PM

Just for you: Fellowship of the Peep (http://www.lordofthepeeps.com/lotp/fotp.html)

D.J.
06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
I ate a plate of thick peppered bacon slices enjoying it immensely without sharing with my dogs. They love bacon...I feel guilty. :(

Maryn
06-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Donna, I'm sure you were eating that thick peppered bacon out of a concern for your dogs' heart health, right? God, you're so selfless...

Maryn

D.J.
06-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Donna, I'm sure you were eating that thick peppered bacon out of a concern for your dogs' heart health, right? God, you're so selfless...

Maryn

You're right...I'm sitting much taller now, thank you! :)

WhoMeWrite?
06-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Now, I guess I would have to say listening to DISCO. (Yes, you read that right!)

Well, I was going to go it alone and put it out there, but you beat me to it. I love to dance to D-I-S-C-O (Ugh! It's so hard to type. I can't even say it out loud.) while I'm cleaning the house. I sing too. And force my children to join in. My girls are still little and think this is great fun. My son is 11 and threatens to turn me into Child Protective Services.

I also love 80s music, but after several public slips ups, I've found out that's not frowned upon. Forgetting where you are and belting out, "Pour some sugar on me" on the baking aisle of the grocery store while mimicking a pole dance with your three children and several strangers looking on, however, is.

DTKelly
06-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Much to my wife's dismay, I love video games.

Another guilty pleasure-- taking naps with my two year old. I really shouldn't, but who can really resist curling up with their toddler?

and I wonder why I'm not getting writing done. LOL

Fractured_Chaos
06-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Another guilty pleasure-- taking naps with my two year old. I really shouldn't, but who can really resist curling up with their toddler?

That cannot possibly be considered a guilty pleasure! :o

I did that all the time, with all my kids when they were small. There's just something about cuddling your own little one and falling asleep that is so comforting.

arrowqueen
06-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Nonsense. What's the point of having children if you can't embarrass them in public?

aadams73
06-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Nonsense. What's the point of having children if you can't embarrass them in public?

Oh gawd, my father used to hold hands with my uncle and skip though the mall just to embarrass me. I wanted to die.

ChunkyC
06-16-2005, 03:41 AM
There's a beautiful lament called Caoineadh C Chulainn that's played on the Uilleann Pipe by a guy named Davey Spillane on the original Riverdance video. It makes me cry every time I hear it.

I guess that's not so much a guilty pleasure as just something you don't mention while with the boys in the dressing room gearing up for a hockey game.

mkcbunny
06-16-2005, 10:05 AM
The pipes, the pipes are calling. Anything played on them'll get a tear going.

I can't believe I forgot to mention my worst guilty pleasure: Disneyland. I am 40 and go annually with a girlfriend from back east. Several hundred dollars later, with only part-time employment and a shrinking bank account, I do feel guilt. But it's worth it.

Then there's that half-pint of Chunky Monkey I just ate.

smallthunder
06-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Just for you: Fellowship of the Peep (http://www.lordofthepeeps.com/lotp/fotp.html)

This site is obviously the creation of some yearling with too much time on his hands and (peep-sourced) sugar coursing through his veins ...

I mean: True peeps are chicks, not those Johnny-come-lately two-dimensional rabbits!

Nonetheless, I appreciate the effort. Thanks for link, PattiTheWicked.

No other marshmallow-peeps-as-my-guilty-pleasure folks out there? Amazing.

PattiTheWicked
06-16-2005, 11:00 PM

My dad strikes up conversations with complete and random strangers, and then keeps them roped in for an hour at a time.

I can't even being to count how many times family outings were ruined because my brother and I had to say, "Moooommmmm, Dad's talking to people again!"

mkcbunny
06-17-2005, 07:36 AM
If it's a '65 Mustang, I'm there.

Diana Hignutt
06-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh yes, convertibles are cool, beautiful machines, but I hate what they do to my hair...I end up looking like I went to Yahoo Serious' hairdresser.

diana

SeanDSchaffer
06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Digimon. (Yes, there was such a show, it went off the air several years ago.) I have roughly half that show's episodes on tape, mostly from Seasons 2 and 3.

I am also an audiophile (Can't get enough of music.) My favorite sound comes from, believe-it-or-not, vinyl. Specifically LP's, although I have a small collection of 45's, as well. If I can find an album I have on CD, on a record, I'll buy the record and give away the CD. Kind of dumb, I know, but there's something about that analog sound that's just better in many ways than digital, although I can't put my finger on it. Let's just say it has a fuller sound.

(Ironically, I'm apparently not the only one who thinks this way about records. I only recently found out that several companies still make brand-new records, and there are, to my knowledge, two stores in the Portland Metropolitan Area that sell brand-new records to the public. One of these days, I'll visit one of those stores.)

Sailor Kenshin
06-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Digimon. (Yes, there was such a show, it went off the air several years ago.) I have roughly half that show's episodes on tape, mostly from Seasons 2 and 3.

Me, too, me too! And also:

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/pokeball_smile.gif

SeanDSchaffer
06-18-2005, 02:56 AM
On the Digimon thing, I forgot to mention I also have--I can hardly say it--the movie.

I like a lot of the anime shows and movies. One of my favorites (that I have on DVD) is 'Spirited Away.' I love that movie. The animation is great and the story is very well-done too. The characters are cool, especially the girl Chihiro, and the dragon Haku, which are the two main characters.

Sailor Kenshin
06-18-2005, 03:03 AM
'Spirited Away.'

I listened to the whole thing in Japanese while watching the storyboard. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lynx/whitpleased.gif

Diana Hignutt
06-18-2005, 02:15 PM
There is just no way you are going to get me to admit in public that I watch Pokemon. I used to, though. Team Rocket finally got on my nerves too much.

Richard
06-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Team Rocket was the best thing about it.

Villains are always, always, always cooler than heroes.

Diana Hignutt
06-18-2005, 02:45 PM
"Prepare for trouble!
And make it double!"

I just got tired of the stupid motto.

samgail
06-19-2005, 12:18 AM
I have to admit, I once had a jeep...about 6 years ago I guess. My guilty pleasure then was going out by myself on a summer evening with the top off and the doors off and just driving. It's the greatest thing. I loved those drives. (This reminds me of the thread about men going to the store for milk and being gone for hours...I used to be bad for that when I drove the jeep!)

I had a soft top jeep in college until it became impractical. It was really only useful for driving fast and listening to loud music. I have to admit that one of my favorite guilty pleasures now is rolling the windows down in whatever practical vehicle I am driving and blasting the loudest hardest rock music I can find. Driving very fast and going as far as I think i can go and back and still get milk home to my family without them calling 911 and having me reported missing. If I am making it a really guilty pleasure trip I smoke.

sam

SeanDSchaffer
06-19-2005, 04:23 AM
I listened to the whole thing in Japanese while watching the storyboard. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/lynx/whitpleased.gif

You too, huh? Right on. :Thumbs: I couldn't understand a word of the Japanese, but it's amazing to me how much the story changes around when you read the original English translation that came with it on the bottom of the screen.

My favorite example of this is the discrepancy between when Chihiro found out Haku was a dragon in the two different versions. Personally, I liked the original version better in that respect. It gave a sense of wonder to the movie that the English version didn't quite have. From a writer's standpoint, I thought the Japanese version told the story much better than did the English version.

:)

Sailor Kenshin
06-20-2005, 07:26 PM
I just got tired of the stupid motto.

And I learned it in Japanese, too. But you knew I was going to say that!

"Roketto dan no futari niwa!"
(We, rocket gang, travel any stars in the galaxy...)

mkcbunny
07-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Team Rocket was the best thing about it.
Meowth got on my nerves, too, after a while.

Villains are always, always, always cooler than heroes.
Maybe, but there is nothing more endearing on the planet than a beaten-up Pikachu. Those welled-up eyes, the cross-hatched bruises on his little cheeks, the burns from where he got overloaded and frizzled ... How can you not love Pikachu? Pika Pika!

DTKelly
07-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Guilty pleasures...

I buy whole bean organic fair trade coffee. And oh man is it goooood.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
07-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Guilty pleasure.......

Tsui Hark's Knock Off starring Jeane Claude Van-Damme as a Hong Kong fashion expert (great casting there) involved in the import of cheap jeans, only problem is that a little bomb is implanted in every single of his many jeans coming into Hong Kong.
They go off when the zips are undone to a very fruity level and Hong Kong on 'hand over night' is a very fruity place indeed....

So, yes - the zip part is made up, but all else is true (well, maybe not the fruity bit).

Nique

CaoPaux
07-01-2005, 03:26 AM

Maybe, but there is nothing more endearing on the planet than a beaten-up Pikachu. Those welled-up eyes, the cross-hatched bruises on his little cheeks, the burns from where he got overloaded and frizzled ... How can you not love Pikachu? Pika Pika!Chuuuu!
Jigglypuff is another favorite. *puffff!*

Sailor Kenshin
07-01-2005, 04:19 AM
If you think he's bad in English, you should hear him in Japanese. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/chika/chirolp_gurug.gif

JennaGlatzer
07-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Sara cracked me up with...

Oh boy, say it fast, like pulling off a bandaid...

...so I'll admit my guilty pleasure.

Country music.

This may not be an embarrassing thing to admit where you're from, but where I'm from, it's akin to admitting you eat babies.

maestrowork
07-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Jenna, if there's any consolation, not only do I like (oh, not love, but like) country, I'd like to sing it too...

/running, ducking...

rhymegirl
07-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Country music.

This may not be an embarrassing thing to admit where you're from, but where I'm from, it's akin to admitting you eat babies.

I know what you mean, Jenna. But my cousin Mike was part of a group called The Ozark Mountain Daredevils in the 70's, so we have to like country music at least a little bit in my family. He sang the lead on Jackie Blue which was one of their biggest hits.

brokenfingers
07-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Country music.

This may not be an embarrassing thing to admit where you're from, but where I'm from, it's akin to admitting you eat babies.Hahahaha! I know what you mean Jenna. I had a friend from Ohio come visit when I lived in NY and one of his biggest complaints was that there were no country music stations.

In a similar vein I will now divulge my guilty pleasure (which I could've sworn I posted before. Was there a similar thread in the past?).

Writing poetry.

While on this forum, it doesn't seem like a big deal - believe me, if any of my friends or associates or, to be honest, anybody who knows me in real life ever found out - it would be like... like... like saying I eat babies!!

(Thank you Jenna.)

maestrowork
07-01-2005, 06:27 AM
my guilty pleasure is eating babies

ALL YOUR BABIES ARE BELONG TO ME

oswann
07-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I know what you mean, Jenna. But my cousin Mike was part of a group called The Ozark Mountain Daredevils in the 70's, so we have to like country music at least a little bit in my family. He sang the lead on Jackie Blue which was one of their biggest hits.

No kidding! I had an Ozark Mountain Daredevils album. Don't know where it is now. In fact it's been years since I saw that thing. But... damn, The Daredevils.

Os.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Guilty pleasure.............
really bad jokes.
I saw some guys act last night and it went a little like this -
'my wife and I are bi-curious
she buys lots of crap
and I'm curious as to why we need it'

classic. the entire room - dead, bar me, in a pool of my own tears (no cross-wet dream jokes please).

mmm... pancakes
07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
This site is obviously the creation of some yearling with too much time on his hands and (peep-sourced) sugar coursing through his veins ...

I mean: True peeps are chicks, not those Johnny-come-lately two-dimensional rabbits!

Re: Pattithewicked's Lord of the Peeps link...

I have just one question: What ARE those things?

Diana Hignutt
07-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Back when I was a junior league rock star - lead guitarist - I HATED country music, though I've always loved Blue Grass. I nowadays actually like a little of it. DO NOT TELL ANYONE I KNOW...

It's not like it's up to guilty pleasure level, though.

diana

smallthunder
07-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Sara cracked me up with...

...so I'll admit my guilty pleasure.

Country music.

Uh-oh ... you mean we're not supposed to eat babies?:Smack:

Guess I'll have to list that as my "guilty pleasure" #2 ...