PDA

View Full Version : Experts on dolphins

motormind
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I am working on a science fiction novel in which dolphins play a large part. One of the main characters is a female bottlenose dolphin and although I will likely take some liberties in describing her behavior, I don't want to stray off track too much--especially since there are other dolphins as well with which she interacts regularly.

So, I am looking for people who have experience in dealing with bottlenose dolphins, preferably in captivity. I am especially curious about the interaction between dolphins and trainers and other dolphins within a captive pod.

Barb D
04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I am working on a science fiction novel in which dolphins play a large part. One of the main characters is a female bottlenose dolphin and although I will likely take some liberties in describing her behavior, I don't want to stray off track too much--especially since there are other dolphins as well with which she interacts regularly.

So, I am looking for people who have experience in dealing with bottlenose dolphins, preferably in captivity. I am especially curious about the interaction between dolphins and trainers and other dolphins within a captive pod.

I have a couple of books that might be helpful. I'm cataloging my bookcases now, so I'll keep an eye out.

quixote100104
04-19-2009, 01:53 PM

This Yahoo Group http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/M_B_I is a very large and active collection of marine biology professionals world wide. I'm sure you could find plenty of good information and brains to pick by posting there :-).