PDA

View Full Version : 70k Fantasy - Looking for a beta reader

Sirion
04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Update: I've gotten all the beta readers I need now.

I’m looking for people willing to beta read The Fallen Crusade, a complete 70,000 word fantasy novel. The more the merrier (though I‘d be happy with just one) - I love to have varying opinions. There is violence and death in certain parts where appropriate, but no major swearing aside from a few light phrases. Nothing that would offend most people. Here is an excerpt of what it’s generally about from my soon-to-be query letter (sorry to spoil the twist for anyone who would want to read it):

Arann Wyllt is haunted by the faces of men he’s slaughtered in the name of peace. As a young mage he believed in his cause, but after two centuries he’s had enough of war.

He gets his chance at redemption when a dying woman entrusts him with her son, Merrik. He discovers that this boy is hunted by factions of angelic beings, and is forced into the middle of an ancient cold war between the eternal Guardians and the exiled Fallen.

Arann raises the child as his own - teaching him respect for life, natural order, and most importantly, control over his great power. But, as the boy grows, the power poisons his mind. He becomes paranoid and destructive. At the height of Merrik’s insanity, he allows his soul to merge with that of the Fallen Lord, Samael. He declares himself a god, and sets forth on his crusade to remake the universe.

Arann must decide how far he’s willing to go to stop his son’s tyrannical reign, and whether peace really can be achieved through bloodshed.

If it sounds like something you’d be interested in beta reading, then drop me a personal message and/or post here and I’d be happy to send you the manuscript. Any type of beta style is fine, though I do like specifics - and nicer people. :)

-Travis

Sirion
04-18-2009, 07:15 AM
/bump