PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mentor/writing buddy

MMcDonald64
04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
What I'm looking for is someone to bounce ideas off, to do writing challenges with (basically, writing for one hour as much as we can, then swapping what we've written for feedback) and to eventually beta the finished story. I write what I guess would be called drama with a paranormal twist.

I haven't had much luck with finding a beta on here, although I have beta'd for a couple of other people so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :Shrug:

Ulee_Lhea
04-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I feel your pain! I have posted for beta readers here and not had much luck. However, I've PMed people in the "Willing Betas" thread and many have been willing (it's in a sticky at the top of the main forum board).

VictoriaTeller
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm also looking for a writing buddy. Mostly I'd like accountability, writing challenges, and critiques and I'd be happy to beta. What genre are you working with McDonald?
I'm working with historical Romance, England 1875.

MMcDonald64
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm also looking for a writing buddy. Mostly I'd like accountability, writing challenges, and critiques and I'd be happy to beta. What genre are you working with McDonald?
I'm working with historical Romance, England 1875.

Hi Victoria, I am still not sure where to place my story as far as genre. It would be mainstream contemporary except there is a bit of a fantasy twist. The twist is more or less in the background though. If you want to take a peek at what I'm writing to see if it's something that would interest you enough to critique/beta, I did post the first chapter in the mainstream thread of SYW. It's called Detained. (not that you have to do a crit on it there, just for an idea. :))

VictoriaTeller
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I've left you a comment. I've also got a tidbit posting from the story I'm working on under the SYW Romance/Women's Fiction. It's a recent post titled:
Inspired By History - early chapter