PDA

View Full Version : CSI - Classic

jodiodi
04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Tonite's show just opened at a Science Fiction Convention (Obviously a Star Trek Con), some guy collapses, Hodges checks him, calls Brass on his flip phone and says, "He's dead, Jim."

I've just been fighting with my husband and that scene just cracked me up and put me in a good mood.

Blore224
04-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Jodiodi: I almost busted a gut when Hodges called Brass. I'm not ashamed to say the same thing happened when Brass muttered, "Red alert." later in the episode. Paul Guifoyle is just terrific!

Tonight's episode was full of great moments, not the least of which included the clever nods to the recently-ended "Battlestar Galactica."

Casting Ronald D. Moore -- who produced the new and far grittier "BSG" -- as an audience member with an obvious problem with a producer's new vision of his favorite science fiction franchise was nice. His shouting, "You suck!" was even better.

And bringing in the stunning Kate Vernon, who played Ellen Tigh on "BSG", as the academic at the center of the mystery was a clever turn.

Really, though, would Hodges and Sims just get to it, already? Sheesh! ;)

jodiodi
04-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Hodges is a character who's grown on me. At first he was just irritating, but I really like him now. I actually prefer the episodes with the 'lab rats' as they call them.

I enjoy little 'easter eggs' in shows like they had tonight.