PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

MeganRebekah
04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
In my recent trolling around the internet I found a recommendation to join the Writer's Water Cooler, so I moseyed on over here and anonymously observed conversations while waiting for my account to be activated (not sure why but it took 3 days to activate).

I am new to online writers world, so bear with me! I'm also new to the blog world, over at meganrebekahblogs.blogspot.com

I am currently working on my first novel, Anomaly. Here's a brief synopsis:

A seventeen year foster child with insatiable curiosity and a strong sense of independence, Lina Marshal uses logic and reason to maintain control of her life. Then her foster mother unexpectedly gets married and sets off a chain of unpredictable events. Trying to get a grip on her new life, Lina must contend with a startling kiss from a mysterious boy that stirs up irrational feelings, the dissection of a dead cat in Anatomy, and riding lessons on a horse named Sweet Tea. What little normalcy she establishes is eradicated during an unexpected encounter with a gun-wielding hobo in the forest.
Now Lina and her group of friends, all current and former foster children, begin to develop strange new abilities. Reluctant to call themselves heroes, the teens refer to themselves as anomalies. While excited to show-off their new skills, an unanswered question haunts their every move – what could have triggered such unique and unheard of talents?
Hoping that their backgrounds can provide answers to that nagging question, the friends each research their personal histories. Lina can only trace her beginnings back to the age of two – when she was abandoned in a flea market parking lot. She soon discovers that everything in her life can be traced back to her biological father. Though she’s never laid eyes on him – at least, not that she’s aware of -- he seems to be responsible for every single event in her life: the good, the bad and the extraordinary.

Danthia
04-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome to AW! Good to have you. There's drinks and snacks in the fridge.

wandergirl
04-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome Megan! Here's lesson one: I just sent you a message in a rep point. Check your reps by clicking "User CP" in the upper left hand corner of the AW menu bar, above "Post Reply."

MissKris
04-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the wildest circus on Earth. Glad to have you!

MeganRebekah
04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all the feedback and welcome! I love being able to connect with other people going through the same things as me.

free_cashews_on_me
04-17-2009, 03:16 AM
welcome! I am kinda new also but evry1 warmed up to me soon! i Love this place!

Millicent M'Lady
04-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey and welcome to AW! It's a priceless website and I hope you get great use out of it while making a few friends.:)

WKolodzieski
04-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Welcome to AW, Meg.

It's-Magic!
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Welcome!
Take a cookie!

*hands the biscuit barrel around*