Ashes to Ashes

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I admit it: I am totally hooked on this show (Sat. nights, BBC America.)

I watched some of the Life on Mars eps (British version), and watched the show's end, leading into the premiere of this sequel. Gene Hunt, D.I. Drake and the gang are complete escapist entertainment for me. The clothes and music are just extra cherries on top, and I'm glad that the BBC is bringing it back for a second season, yay!

Anyone else seen it yet?

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I admit it: I am totally hooked on this show (Sat. nights, BBC America.)

I watched some of the Life on Mars eps (British version), and watched the show's end, leading into the premiere of this sequel. Gene Hunt, D.I. Drake and the gang are complete escapist entertainment for me. The clothes and music are just extra cherries on top, and I'm glad that the BBC is bringing it back for a second season, yay!

Anyone else seen it yet?

I love it.:D
I lived in England during the 80s, it brings back lots of memories.

Tomothy_Mayhem

Holy Emperor of the Imperium
Registered
Reaction score
I havn't seen it...yet :D, the ABC (Australian Broadcast) hasn't shown it yet, I absolutly love Life on Mars and have recently got it on DVD, looking forward to seeing it.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I enjoyed Ashes to Ashes but have to say it is no where as good as Life on Mars.

Bingo. It's "Alex Drake." I want her to STOP WHINGEING. Forever. Just talk like a human. And maybe stop dressing like a party girl at work? Did female cops in the 80s really dress like that?

"Sam Tyler" was teh awesome. He made Life on Mars. (Drawing huge blanks on actor's names at the moment.) I rooted for him every minute.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I enjoyed Ashes to Ashes but have to say it is no where as good as Life on Mars.

I've heard this a lot and I think a lot of people are missing the point. It's a different beast to Life On Mars. If it's judged on its strengths and weaknesses and not compared outright to LOM, it's still good TV.

Anyway, new series starts tonight.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
SPOILERS:

I liked the uber-creepy clown till last night, when... he talked. Argh. Ruined it. He was so totally scary till then.

And I can't stand the way that woman screeches. I know, it's my own problem, but eek.

I'm glad she didn't sleep with her godfather. That would've squicked me out.

Rosebutterfly

Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of seeries 2 last night. I really enjoyed it although I found parts of the storyline a little confusing. That might just be me though, I am suffering mental fog this week (and most weeks ately).

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of seeries 2 last night. I really enjoyed it although I found parts of the storyline a little confusing. That might just be me though, I am suffering mental fog this week (and most weeks ately).

We're getting the series 1 season finale this weekend, so after that I guess I'll be fighting to stay off the spoiler sites, or lurking on YouTube for uploaded eps, LOL.