Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioMickey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mikepatrickjr.com
Hello everyone!

I have been looking for an online writing community for some time. The ones I had found so far were either SLOW on posts (a few each week) or populated by WEIRD, SICK people ;).

I stumbled on this site a few days ago and am quite impressed!

Since I have an interest in YA writing, I thought I'd post here first. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Happy Writing

Mike
aka OhioMickey
(a Disney fan from Ohio)

Last edited:

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Hullo, and Welcome.
This is a great board, for beginners and successful writes alike. There's a few wierd people here, but were still nice. Hope you enjoy it here!

-Ally

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Welcome Mike! Jenna and the mods do a good job moderating these boards. And the people here are great. Stick around, you'll learn a lot.

5.gif

See--no weirdos here!

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Hello OhioMickey and Welcome! There's lots to do here and some cool folks to do it with. Enjoy!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
ohioMickey said:
Hello everyone!

I have been looking for an online writing community for some time. The ones I had found so far were either SLOW on posts (a few each week) or populated by WEIRD, SICK people (lots of black make-up and piercings).

:::hides my black nailpolish and eyebrow ring:::

Hope tattoos are okay :)

Welcome, my fellow Buckeye!

Dimple0229

Registered
Reaction score
Love of young adult literature

I, too, have a love for young adult fiction. I have a completed manuscript and am working on a second novel.

I had sat the first manuscript aside and hadn't thought much about it for quite some time. I shared it with my fiance (now husband) a few months ago, and he has done nothing but rave about it. It's a frustrating wait - one gets motivated to want to see something happen, but nothing does. It can be intimidating, but I guess patience is a good virtue. I am working on developing my patience level.

Welcome to the forum! We are glad that you are here!:hi:

Dimple

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Welcome Micky we're glad you're here. I joined back in March and have set up permanent residence. I've learned soooo much and love all the people here (ok...may not all......) but most of them are really talented and personable.

Oh btw...can identify with the Disney thing....

Billie_Joe00

I too really like this forum which i found in google. But I don't think there is anything with people who like to wear black make up and piercings. They are not wierd or sick in the slightest. There are probably people on this board who dress like that, and it is their way of being individual, and from indiviuduality springs great creativity.

lauram

Freddie Mercury Devotee
Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Ohio too. :) Not everyone who wears all black is a weirdo... ;)

Nice to see you here!

Have you tried any local groups? I know there are a few Writers and Illustrators for Children groups in Ohio, but I haven't checked any out yet. Writing in Ohio is a good book that I picked up from the library. It has some good info. for local groups and publishers. :)

Again, welcome!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I happen to like Mickey!!!! So you're tops with me... Serioiusly though..welcome to the boards and you will really like it here. I was on one forum and well, there were very few posts and some of the people were quite interesting to say the least. Again, welcome and you will love it here.

Bill

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
ohioMickey said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Also, good to see fellow Buckeyes around these parts.

Mickey,

What part of Ohio are you from? I live in Northern Kentucky and just finished my third book about Cincinnati.

And to keep it topical to this thread, I'm about to embark on a children's book.

underthecity

ohioMickey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mikepatrickjr.com
underthecity said:
Mickey,

What part of Ohio are you from? I live in Northern Kentucky and just finished my third book about Cincinnati.

And to keep it topical to this thread, I'm about to embark on a children's book.

underthecity

I'm near Columbus (Go Bucks!). Good luck with your children's book endeavor. Is it going to be a picture book? Chapter book? YA Novel?

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
ohioMickey said:
Good luck with your children's book endeavor. Is it going to be a picture book? Chapter book? YA Novel?

Hi ohioMickey,

My book will be a picture book, probably 1,500 words, geared for a 10 year old. It is fiction, woven around the end of WWII, taking place in Cincinnati.

At least, this is the present plan. Who knows which direction it will take until I've finished a rough draft.

Thanks for asking!

underthecity

Status
Not open for further replies.