Baseball Simulation Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinPreacher

Registered
Reaction score
I have been playing board games for as long as i can remember and being a huge baseball fan i started playing a game called Strat-O-Matic baseball and lately i have ventured off to a game called Replay Baseball or APBA. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever played these games or even still plays.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Maryn has been playing ABPA since before I knew him, and we've been together a long, long time. Every gift-giving occasion has at least one APBA present. He's a pretty smart guy who likes a challenge and insists on realism, so I assume they must have a high rating in both for him to have maintained his interest for so long.

Maryn, planning to buy him disks for California Anaheim Stadium, Oakland Coliseum, and Seattle Kingdome for his birthday (Sh! Don't tell him.)

Eric San Juan

Boxy But Safe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsanjuan.com
For many years a circle of friends and I used to play a baseball sim I created back in the 1980s. I didn't give it a name. Still don't have a name for it. But it was a fun game, played with D&D style dice (mostly the 10-sided and sometimes the 8-sided) and cards. I'd painstakingly make up the cards for the players each season based on their actual stats and performance, we'd draft, play out seasons, keep stats. It was great. We tried Strat-O-Matic a few times but always gravitated back to the homemade game.

Status
Not open for further replies.