Erotica Without Sex

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
I have to write a highly sensual, sizzling short story for an assignment where two strangers want to, but cannot have sex.

I need to find a market for this too. I have looked up tons of erotic markets, but all of them do need explicit sex.

Are there any markets which accept highly sensual but no sex story?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Yes, but generally not erotica. Erotica is general something you can fantasize from beginning to "resolution".

Last edited:

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
Right, I agree with Thomas. Erotically charged romances are in high demand, even if they skip the actual sex... its the emotion,tension and anticipation that sells it!!! Harlequin has a short stories series as well for the eBook site

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean Harlequin Spice? I thought they require sex. That's the impression I got from Guidelines.

Are there any other markets for this erotically charged romance? I can find them for books - but not for short stories.

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
Do you mean Harlequin Spice? I thought they require sex. That's the impression I got from Guidelines.

Are there any other markets for this erotically charged romance? I can find them for books - but not for short stories.

Right, Spice briefs requires sex, but Harlequin Historical Undone and Nocturne Bites do not.. they have to be spicy short stories, but don't require sex!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
A friend of mine writes very good erotica where the male main character is incapable of getting an erection. His work is highly erotic and there is no resolution involved. So yes, you can have erotica without the physical act of sexual intercourse.