PDA

View Full Version : Screenwriting forum [IS BACK!]

Stijn Hommes
04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
In the past 12 hours, the screenwriting forum has disappeared. The link to the forum itself doesn't work and if I try to access topics I started, I get an error that says I don't have the right permission to access the forum in question (which is odd since I had the permission when I posted the thread).

Did someone accidentally hide it? If it was done on purpose, why?

miles
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Works for me.

Cyia
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
AW was down for a while earlier today, but it seems to be back now.

ETA: IT IS GONE!!!!!

Stijn Hommes
04-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Works for me.

What link do you use? The regular one I had bookmarked isn't working.

MacAllister
04-15-2009, 12:31 AM
We're having a database glitch, folks. It'll be back - it's still there....it's just, for whatever very odd reason, not showing up.

Stijn Hommes
04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Good! You had me worried. I'll wait it out.

Medievalist
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
We've got the data, but we need to perform some first aid to get it to show.

Stijn Hommes
04-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Do you guys have an approximate idea of how long it will take to apply the first aid and bring the forum back?

Medievalist
04-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Do you guys have an approximate idea of how long it will take to apply the first aid and bring the forum back?

A few days; it's a fair amount of detailed triage.

Mac, Scott (shawkins) and I all work full time.

You can find threads and read them via Google or the advanced search here. I wouldn't post though.

Tomothy_Mayhem
04-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Talk about rotton luck, I join this forum for its Screenwriting section, and the next day its disappeared!!! !

Medievalist
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Talk about rotton luck, I join this forum for its Screenwriting section, and the next day its disappeared!!! !

Mac's created a temp home for Screen Writing. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201)

We'll copy the threads over when we restore the old one.

Keep in mind that we all work, and it's tax time.

dpaterso
04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah we were all wondering about that rather strange coincidence...

Anyways, as you know, it's only the discussion forum that's missing in action, our Screenwriting (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60) sub-forum in Share Your Work is still doing business as usual (password = vista).

Update, and we're back in business, forum is restored.

-Derek

MacAllister
04-17-2009, 12:58 AM
And we really are working as fast as we can to restore the old forum, guys - it's just hit at a particularly busy day-job time for the volunteers that maintain the server and database. Our resident wizard, shawkins, is swamped.

DarkDesireX
04-17-2009, 03:51 AM

You jinxed it, Tomothy!

(Kidding, welcome.)

Tomothy_Mayhem
04-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I t Tomothy teh forum jinxer lol:D

shawkins
04-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Sorry about the long delay on the restore, guys. I've spent every waking hour (no exaggeration) of the last 10 days on day job stuff. We're working on it now. I'm optimistic that your forum will be back later today Friday, 04/17/09.

dpaterso
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Lo and behold, it came to pass. Thanks, Scott!

-Derek

mario_c
04-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Yay!

Bluegate
04-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I was so glad to see this thread until... I still don't see the forum. I actually have not seen it for about a month now. I'm not really sure how long it has been but it has been some time. I can find it if I go to the "forum jump" tab but it doesn't show up in the lists anywhere.

This started when the AW site was down a while back. The site has been down a few times since but never any big deal except for the missing screenwriting forum. Could this be a problem exclusive to me? Any ideas or is anyone else having this trouble?

MacAllister
04-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Scripts, Stage and Screen (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

It's under "General" on the main menu. It's there. If you've cleared cache and cookies, and you're still not seeing it....I dunno what else to try, even. :-\

Bartholomew
04-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I see it just fine.

clockwork
04-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't look for 'Screenwriting' because it's been renamed to the more encompassing Scripts, Stage, Screen.

Bluegate
04-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Ok. I would just like to share my complete and utter stupidity with all of you... the General section had been minimized the whole time! I never saw it or any other catagory there. Maybe it was minimized (god knows why) at the time I re-saved the site to my favorites and so it remained mimized and unseen.

What a clown:e2smack:

MacAllister
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
heh! No worries. Sounds sort of like something I might do. Glad you found it!

diGriz
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
I spent the last eight years doing nothing but scriptwriting... even was good enough to pick up a few options. It's just like any kind of fiction writing, it's a love, a lesson and a business. LOL